E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > N54 Tune Comparison Chart (Detailed)

01-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #221
kiteboy
Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: E92 Stage 2 BR Performance

Wink

my new reprog BR Perfomance 393cv & 558n.m

with only DP,

before summer i will add a FMIC..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #222
achien
AC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

no data for COBB?
      02-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #223
Canadian 335xi
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padfan9 View Post
Don't worry man, I did the same thing and have the same feeling now...just remember when something goes wrong with one of the other tuning and a turbo blows, or anything for that matter and the (its not our fault or let me get back to you on that) happens, we don't have to worry, we can drop our cars off and it gets fixed for free...that is why I bought the dinan stage 2, plus the torque increase is amazing!
...have a read of the warranty is all I can say. It would appear you have not read the ACTUAL WARRANTY DOCUMENTATION that is provided as part of the Dinan upgrade. You are not covered for things like blown turbos, etc. It's right in the Dinan warranty section in plain text. I have seen MANY people with this misunderstanding. (Originally after reading some people I was going to go that way, but the text in their warranty clearly states otherwise.)
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #224
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian 335xi View Post
...have a read of the warranty is all I can say. It would appear you have not read the ACTUAL WARRANTY DOCUMENTATION that is provided as part of the Dinan upgrade. You are not covered for things like blown turbos, etc. It's right in the Dinan warranty section in plain text. I have seen MANY people with this misunderstanding. (Originally after reading some people I was going to go that way, but the text in their warranty clearly states otherwise.)

So the warranty won't cover blown turbo's due to their tuning??? Then what is the point of the warranty??? I have spoken to them about this and people at BMW many times...

'22 F92 M8 Competition Coupe - Frozen Brilliant White | 8 Speed DCT | Sakhir Orange/Black Full Leather | M Perf CF Exterior Package | M Perf. CF Exhaust | BBS FI-R 21" Wheels |
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #225
Canadian 335xi
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
So the warranty won't cover blown turbo's due to their tuning??? Then what is the point of the warranty??? I have spoken to them about this and people at BMW many times...
Exactly why I won't go with a Dinan tune ... it's false hope.

I don't trust people's opinion / word / idea over written terms and conditions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan Warranty Excerpt
To obtain service under this warranty, the vehicle or Dinan product must be brought, upon discovery of a malfunction or defect in materials and/or workmanship, to any Authorized Dinan Dealer during normal business hours. In the event of a warranty claim, Dinan will repair or replace, at its sole discretion, any defective Dinan component upon receipt of the item and proof of the original purchase in the form of a lawful invoice. This warranty does not include reimbursement for repairs to any original vehicle manufacturer's component(s) that may have been affected by a Dinan component.
So I guess Dinan isn't such a great value ... IMO.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 10:41 PM   #226
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
Quote:

I don't trust people's opinion / word / idea over written terms and conditions...

from what i understand, the Dinan is recognized by BMW dealers, thus it will be hassle free during service. So try not to think you got a bad buy. I think the Dinan was a great choice. Just don't blow your turbo..

For people with JB4's and COBB's, (and other mods) which are not recognized by the dealers and could or would be a huge hassle to prove that these mods do not affect the vehicle. Which could void the warranty, depending on your contract.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...ty-intact.html

i am not exactly sound with how all this works, but myself will be getting a COBB soon, and just un-install it before servicing. Which would be nice to leave it in, but don't want to take chances with the dealer. And to top it all off, I got California SMOG laws.

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 06:33 AM   #227
zzzbullseye
BMW Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i (F10)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan Warranty Excerpt
To obtain service under this warranty, the vehicle or Dinan product must be brought, upon discovery of a malfunction or defect in materials and/or workmanship, to any Authorized Dinan Dealer during normal business hours. In the event of a warranty claim, Dinan will repair or replace, at its sole discretion, any defective Dinan component upon receipt of the item and proof of the original purchase in the form of a lawful invoice. This warranty does not include reimbursement for repairs to any original vehicle manufacturer's component(s) that may have been affected by a Dinan component.
This is what happens when you don't read carefully and quote things out of context. The paragraph quoted directly above this one is taken from the section of the warranty that addresses vehicles that no longer are covered under factory warranty - see the areas circled in pink in the attached screen grab. If your vehicle is still under factory warranty, Dinan will pay for repairs/replacement of non-Dinan parts (OEM equipment) determined to have been damaged as a result of defect or failure of their components/tunes - see the areas circled in yellow below. There is no coverage for "collateral damage" if the factory warranty has expired. If you still have factory warranty coverage, Dinan supplements as necessary with their own warranty. Period. End of story.

Dinan Warranty Info
Attached Images

Last edited by zzzbullseye; 02-26-2012 at 09:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #228
yagami1031
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92

i am thinking to install the procede or cobb on my 07 335i, but i am a little worried that i would blow the turbo.... one of my friends blew his turbo on his 08 335i with cobb!!! does anyone here hear anything like that? from my friend word, his turbo is making very loud sound after installed cobb and driving for like a year, he doesnt have any other mods and he was not hitting it hard, but after he restored back to the stock setting, the sound went away.... is that a turbo failure? and i see the procede has a higher boost psi, so does anyone here have a procede install? any problems? i am not planning on doing too much engine mod, just the ecu, and exhaust, what do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #229
Ghoti
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

zzzbullseye - Thanks for the clarification and backup. That is also what I understand from my BMW dealership - Dinan will take care of what the BMW warranty doean't. Hopefully, when this comes up again, they can just reference your post!
      02-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #230
zzzbullseye
BMW Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i (F10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoti View Post
zzzbullseye - Thanks for the clarification and backup. That is also what I understand from my BMW dealership - Dinan will take care of what the BMW warranty doean't. Hopefully, when this comes up again, they can just reference your post!
No problem. One can argue ad nauseam the merits of Dinan's tunes (they're not aggressive enough, they're overpriced, etc.), but the warranty coverage is really pretty simple to understand and works as I stated in my prior post. If your vehicle is still covered under factory warranty, you shouldn't have any issues.

I've read where some folks have had issues with this or that dealership...but from what I've been able to gather, the issue is usually not the warranty, but rather the shysters running the dealership. In that event, it's time to lawyer up...
      03-05-2012, 02:03 AM   #231
AltecBX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi Sedan; BMW M3 ZCP

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335Xi  [0.00]
Thumbs up

Updated!

New PDF file will be up this week. It has all new links.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #232
drwharton85
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335I

Great info
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #233
BIGBOYQ
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 28i

great info - any updates on the latest updates?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #234
Reketjr
SSgt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07' BMW 335i Coupe (E92)

Quality freakin thread!
      04-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #235
revmybimmer
Rep
Drives: Light Blue 335i

Great job. Very informative and helps a lot when it comes to deciding what to get. Thanks a lot.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 07:45 AM   #236
diamondbacvenomx
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Excellent! Looking forward to getting a JB4 or PROcede in the coming months! This will definitely help.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 09:43 PM   #237
oldblue
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

Garage List
Great work

Appreciate all the work that went into this, as well as the comments.

mike
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #238
Evil///M
Professional Hitman
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+ | Colorado Z71

Garage List
Wow this has everything I was looking for how did I not see this before? Thanks!

Now they just have to keep the list constantly updated!
      06-29-2012, 01:07 PM   #239
Lulz_M3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335i 6MT

Ermmm, for anyone reading this it desperately needs an update. Alot of things have changed LOL.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #240
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz_M3 View Post
Ermmm, for anyone reading this it desperately needs an update. Alot of things have changed LOL.

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #241
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
+1 --- On All Platforms. There's new JB4 + PROcede Firmware (E85 Maps) + COBB now has ATR (ALL User Adjustable Parameters) is missing info (Peak Boost, Delta numbers for Stage 1, Code Reading/Clearing, Drivability Criteria) and an "Extra Features" description

I don't know enough about the Eurocharged or GIAC tunes to know if they need to be updated
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 11:22 AM   #242
Envuks
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 e92 335xi

So I didn't read all 200+ pages of this thread, but is there any review / comparison on drivability, smoothness, etc?

The feature comparison is awesome, but isn't the "feel" of the tune the critical item here? I'm new to the e9x platform, but come from turbo Audis and there are some major differences in tune feel on those platform. For instance, the apr and giac tunes are rated very similar, but apr has a much smoother feel in the power delivery.

I have heard great things about The ESS tune, but it's a two program (stock and tune) reflash so I don't think it compares feature-wise, but I have heard the power delivery is great.

Is there any reviews / comparison on that aspect of the tunes that I might be missing? I've been searching for days.

Thanks,
Appreciate 0