E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > N55 catless downpipe w/ muffler delete

01-13-2020, 10:55 AM   #1
Shawnalston10
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i coupe

N55 catless downpipe w/ muffler delete

Over Christmas I went catless on my 2011 335i and then a couple days ago I got 4 inch exhaust tips put on my car and got a muffler delete all for $60. To any of you thinking about doing catless downpipe with muffler delete it is for sure loud but definitely not to where you can't stand it. Drone isn't really that bad at all to be completely honest. Sound wise my girlfriend has a 2018 mustang GT fully straight piped with cats and it's loud as hell her cold start is 118.0 decibels standing 2-3ft behind the exhaust. On my fully straight piped N55 standing 2-3ft behind my car with a decibel reader my car is 119.3 decibels. Just a little feed back to any of you thinking about going fully straight piped. If you guys have any questions please feel free to ask!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 12:30 AM   #2
Kamaan
Registered
Rep
Drives: Fk7 and miata NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnalston10 View Post
Over Christmas I went catless on my 2011 335i and then a couple days ago I got 4 inch exhaust tips put on my car and got a muffler delete all for $60. To any of you thinking about doing catless downpipe with muffler delete it is for sure loud but definitely not to where you can't stand it. Drone isn't really that bad at all to be completely honest. Sound wise my girlfriend has a 2018 mustang GT fully straight piped with cats and it's loud as hell her cold start is 118.0 decibels standing 2-3ft behind the exhaust. On my fully straight piped N55 standing 2-3ft behind my car with a decibel reader my car is 119.3 decibels. Just a little feed back to any of you thinking about going fully straight piped. If you guys have any questions please feel free to ask!
Post an exhaust/flyby video please
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 12:39 AM   #3
Supermoon
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335xi

Garage List
Now rev to 5k rpm and measure how loud that shit is.
Pure Stage 1 | DV+ & Inlet | Injen Intake | M3 Cowl | ETS 5" FMIC & CP | Aquamist HFS4 Direct Port | CSF Radiator | Wagner Catted DP | BMW PE | Apex FL-5 | Michelin PS4S | 335is Engine mount | SDW Monoball thrust arms | UUC Swaybars & SS Brake lines | Bilstein B8 | Dinan Springs & Shock mounts | Whiteline RSFB | M3 Rear Control arms | Manzo Toe arms | Wavetrac LSD
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2020, 06:58 AM   #4
Shawnalston10
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaan View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaan View Post
Quote:
Roads in Texas have been super wet from rain. I haven't even gone over 50% throttle yet because it's like a slip and slide haha but I'll definitely do flybys
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 01:19 PM   #5
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Can you get a reading at WOT from 50'?? Curious if it's over 97dba @ 50' (3-4 feet high). That's a limit for many clubs and tracks. I've been thinking about lobbing off the muffler. It's only like 10lb weight loss though so if it's crazy loud then not worth it.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 03:35 PM   #6
z3Ro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335XI M-Sport

e90 or e92? still running stock pipping? im running a stock cat and 3.5" pipping straight through to the tips. cruising at 80 i can barely hear my exhaust but ive got my catless DP just sitting in the garage. waiting for my smog/reg in march before i throw that bad boy in. do you have the burbles too?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 03:44 PM   #7
Shawnalston10
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3Ro View Post
e90 or e92? still running stock pipping? im running a stock cat and 3.5" pipping straight through to the tips. cruising at 80 i can barely hear my exhaust but ive got my catless DP just sitting in the garage. waiting for my smog/reg in march before i throw that bad boy in. do you have the burbles too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3Ro View Post
It's an E92. I'm going to have burbles soon after I fix a valve cover leak I have I'll tune in MHD with burbles and then post a video on how it sounds
Appreciate 0