E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > 1M Front Bumper

07-25-2015, 01:50 PM   #67
DoctoRx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 e92 335i xDrive MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54 TuNeR View Post
We had a large GB with pre lci E90 with that other guys that screwed us.Im sure we can get another GB with those with E90 pre-lci.
I'm aware - I was actually in the e92 GB when things went south for both groups. I was luckily able to get my PayPal claim handled. I was hoping to build interest for a GB for those who got screwed over as well as anyone else interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaimpally View Post
Sounds like the supplier also has E92 LCI bumpers so please open up the GB to LCI folks also. I wonder if we could get a forum sponsor to do the GB for us.
They do have e92 LCI - if/when I have enough interest to make the venture worth while for e92 owners, my plan was to ship in an e92 LCI out of pocket and install on my car to test fit. Game already installed the pre LCI and fitment was decent. I would LOVE for a forum sponsor a GB, but haven't see any of them take much interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue30093 View Post
So what is the ballpark price on the e92 pre lci with this vendor?
Goal will be able to negotiate a price for a bulk shipment to allow for a price of $1000 + shipping. If I can't negotiate this price, I'll be reaching out to those listed as interested to see what I can work out.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2015, 02:24 PM   #68
EzequielR
Major
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: E92 08 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjuniororeo View Post
Here's mine. Same vendor as Game.
dont want to be rude because the car really does look gorgeous but the paint on the m3 SS and front bumper look completely off in the first and third picture.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2015, 02:42 PM   #69
marketmaster
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctoRx View Post
I'm aware - I was actually in the e92 GB when things went south for both groups. I was luckily able to get my PayPal claim handled. I was hoping to build interest for a GB for those who got screwed over as well as anyone else interested.

They do have e92 LCI - if/when I have enough interest to make the venture worth while for e92 owners, my plan was to ship in an e92 LCI out of pocket and install on my car to test fit. Game already installed the pre LCI and fitment was decent. I would LOVE for a forum sponsor a GB, but haven't see any of them take much interest.

Goal will be able to negotiate a price for a bulk shipment to allow for a price of $1000 + shipping. If I can't negotiate this price, I'll be reaching out to those listed as interested to see what I can work out.
It should be much lower than $1k with a group buy. 1k better include shipping to the participants door.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2015, 03:25 PM   #70
trixdout
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi 6mt

The reason the ltmw 1m bumper for the e90 is 4x the price is because they take the 1 series 1m bumper and cut it in half and mold in a 3 series m sport bumpers. So 2 bumpers plus the cost of labor to put it together and make it fit.
      07-25-2015, 03:37 PM   #71
Sha
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i8, X6M, X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixdout View Post
The reason the ltmw 1m bumper for the e90 is 4x the price is because they take the 1 series 1m bumper and cut it in half and mold in a 3 series m sport bumpers. So 2 bumpers plus the cost of labor to put it together and make it fit.
If they are so good, why dont they make the mold of a completed bumper and not take the whole steps again and again, lower the cost and try to make more by quantity?

Im even more surprised why no vendor has actualy ordered a bulk order like they do with m3 bumpers. maybe the demand is not that high as we just see here?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2015, 04:10 PM   #72
DoctoRx
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marketmaster View Post
It should be much lower than $1k with a group buy. 1k better include shipping to the participants door.
Understandable but with all due respect, you aren't the person who's arranging the GB so unless you're planning to contact the vendor to negotiate a different price on the bumper + lips, please keep your demands to yourself.

For reference, anyone else has pricing questions, the initial quote I was given including international shipping fees + ISF customs bond for one bumper was $1100. I proposed the idea of the GB as a way to negotiate a cheaper price for everyone - I stand to make little if any profit off of this.
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2015, 04:13 PM   #73
DoctoRx
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
Im even more surprised why no vendor has actualy ordered a bulk order like they do with m3 bumpers. maybe the demand is not that high as we just see here?
See my above comments. Unless a large order can be placed (i.e. 50-100 bumpers) I'm guessing acquisition costs won't drop much, making it hardly worth the cost of investment. I'll try to reach out to a few vendors again next week.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2015, 04:21 PM   #74
Sha
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctoRx View Post
See my above comments. Unless a large order can be placed (i.e. 50-100 bumpers) I'm guessing acquisition costs won't drop much, making it hardly worth the cost of investment. I'll try to reach out to a few vendors again next week.
Yea thats what im saying, we as individuals are trying to find 10-20 people to get a decent price but if sponsors in this forum chimed in and made the order themselves they would get way better price than we do. They would probably get a similar price for our 20 bumpers for 50 bumpers due to shipment and all the discounts, idk i would def do it if i had the money. they might be seeing something wrong with it idk
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2015, 04:45 PM   #75
DoctoRx
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yea thats what im saying, we as individuals are trying to find 10-20 people to get a decent price but if sponsors in this forum chimed in and made the order themselves they would get way better price than we do. They would probably get a similar price for our 20 bumpers for 50 bumpers due to shipment and all the discounts, idk i would def do it if i had the money. they might be seeing something wrong with it idk
Possibly - I'll continue to reach out to them as the list of interested folks continues to build.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2015, 06:20 PM   #76
snaimpally
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i MT

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
I sent a PM to a couple of forum sponsors and pointed them to this thread, which shows that a supplier has been identified and there are people interested in buying. No responses yet. I think it would be easier if we could get a forum sponsor to take this on as they have the resources to handle customs etc.
      07-25-2015, 06:22 PM   #77
marketmaster
First Lieutenant
Rep

Did you talk to this supplier?

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...38.35.1.PMVDUi

Seems they are asking $488 for a single bumper.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2015, 06:41 PM   #78
Sha
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaimpally View Post
I sent a PM to a couple of forum sponsors and pointed them to this thread, which shows that a supplier has been identified and there are people interested in buying. No responses yet. I think it would be easier if we could get a forum sponsor to take this on as they have the resources to handle customs etc.
The lowest these guys go with my negotiations is 300 for a single bumper, the shipping via ems costs around another 300. isf bond customs whatever crap is another 150. so if you want to buy a single one 750 is the price of a single bumper, however if you want to buy with 3 people, the shipping via dhl is 750 (air) and they handle the isf included in the shipping. 1200+750=1950 give or take 650 per bumper. now imagine how many bumpers can fit in a container that costs about 2k to ship and thats how much extra we are paying atm.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2015, 07:17 PM   #79
marketmaster
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The lowest these guys go with my negotiations is 300 for a single bumper, the shipping via ems costs around another 300. isf bond customs whatever crap is another 150. so if you want to buy a single one 750 is the price of a single bumper, however if you want to buy with 3 people, the shipping via dhl is 750 (air) and they handle the isf included in the shipping. 1200+750=1950 give or take 650 per bumper. now imagine how many bumpers can fit in a container that costs about 2k to ship and thats how much extra we are paying atm.
Pretty much what I would expect. Not $1k with a group buy.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2015, 07:21 PM   #80
Sha
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thing is once the bumpers are all here, lets say in texas, you would have to distribute them which is not as simple as printing a sticker. handling all those takes serious manpower which costs money. So unless a big company gets them wholesale into a warehouse, i dont see a groupbuy being around 700.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2015, 07:25 PM   #81
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha
Quote:
Thing is once the bumpers are all here, lets say in texas, you would have to distribute them which is not as simple as printing a sticker. handling all those takes serious manpower which costs money. So unless a big company gets them wholesale into a warehouse, i dont see a groupbuy being around 700.
Exactly. I tried. Anyone thinking it should be cheaper should try to organize this.
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2015, 07:42 PM   #82
marketmaster
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Greyhound is pretty much the cheapest way to ship these things. I understand not everyone has greyhound in their area, but it's about $100 to ship a bumper. There are plenty of companies that ship bumpers daily and shipping charges are usually $100-$150. Hell, I shipped a 200lb box on a crate for $125 from Seattle to Dallas.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2015, 07:44 PM   #83
marketmaster
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You said in your previous post it cost $750 for a single bumper. Why would we want to pay $1k+ for a group buy (large quantity order)?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2015, 08:19 PM   #84
DoctoRx
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You said in your previous post it cost $750 for a single bumper. Why would we want to pay $1k+ for a group buy (large quantity order)?
It costs $750 IF you negotiate based on ordering in bulk. Their asking price otherwise hovers around $450-$500 for bumper, $250 for lip. But the price for shipping is about $400 if you're including the cost of shipping and customs fees. It's not quite as simple as you think to assume $750 bumper + $100-$150 shipping. If you think so then by all means, feel free to PM me, I'll give you the manufacturer's contact info and let you take over and be happy to pay you $1000 shipped and let you eat the costs.

edit: FYI the link you provided is the same manufacturer.

All jokes aside Bimmette is right - it's not a cheap GB to organize. And if you're not willing to pay $1000 + shipping that's your personal decision. You can always check out the one forum sponsor who's stepped up to bring this product stateside.

e92 1M Front Bumper

Just keep in mind, you'll be paying them the same $1000 I'm asking for + $150 shipping for a fiberglass bumper.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2015, 08:37 PM   #85
Sha
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I think i couldnt explain it well, if you decide to order it alone it costs that price, sea freight AND you have to pick it up from the port yourself.

If you order 30 bumpers, this fills a 20" container (approx) and costs around 2k to the port, making the shipment 66 per bumper. There is a huge difference plus the cost of the bumper, if bought in bulk will be way lower than 300. The only downside to this as a groupbuy is like i said someone will have to spend serious time on distributing them. Thats why i defend someone already doing auto-parts business takeover this and take the same route as the 289$ m3 bumpers. Even if you buy the bumpers at lets say 250 a pop, plus shipping plus handling they will cost at most 400 each. Add in the markup value of the vendor.

Again these numbers are not exact, just me taking quotes left and right and im just thinking out loud.

If you want this bumper so bad, find 2 more people and get it with dhl to your door. Will cost you no more than 600-700
Appreciate 2
      07-30-2015, 07:50 AM   #86
Redbmwm33
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw m9

I'm in. I have a 335is "lci"
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2015, 08:25 PM   #87
DoctoRx
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for everyone's continued interest and patience. Just to update everyone, I've contacted a forum vendor here who is interested in managing a large bulk sale of these bumpers. Once I hear back from the manufacturer, things can start moving forward.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 06:16 AM   #88
Underground6t9
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi, Lexus is250

GB will not work on here, because someone will spend lots of time and not get compensated for their work.
Appreciate 0