E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Bmw e90 Steering wheel LCI on PRE-Facelift

03-15-2024, 01:18 PM   #1
Yure7
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw e90 - e85

Bmw e90 Steering wheel LCI on PRE-Facelift

Hi there,

i bought recently bmw e90 2006 (not my first e9x I had an 3er e91 long time ago).

As the first step, I decided to change the weird original steering wheel (triangle airbag) with the LCI steering wheel (chrome line).

I didn't find an answer to my question here or on Google, so..

Today i decided to install it on my car. After removing the airbag i found a little difference between 2 connectors of the airbags. I mean the connector that goes into spiral.
The only difference is not about the plug or pins (are same) but the lci plug has a little plastic extrusion on it. (Picture attached).
I removed the extrusion with cutter, in this way, it fit correct, and the connector made the "click" so it can't go out. It looks like it works without any alarm, but I wanna be sure that the airbag works perfectly (touch the wood) in case of a crash.

Has anyone had the same issue?

Thanks a lot!

Appreciate 0