E90Post
 


The Tire Rack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Jeans



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-10-2018, 10:06 AM   #1
Not_Judy
Not a Female
Not_Judy's Avatar
2403
Rep
641
Posts

Drives: 2008 E93
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Parts Unkown

iTrader: (0)

Jeans

Shopping around for some new jeans. What brand is everyone's favorites and why? My current everyday/work jeans are Silver Eddies. I used to like True Religion but then realized if I'm going to spend that much on jeans I'd rather go with RRL or PRPS.

Anyway, I'm always down to learn about new things from other people. Let's hear what brands everyone wears, maybe I'll find something new.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 10:07 AM   #2
OnerDriver
Major
OnerDriver's Avatar
Canada
1611
Rep
1,119
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW X3  [0.00]
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Ugh this is like the luggage thread...

I thought all jeans pants were the same : :
__________________
Appreciate 3
Not_Judy2403.00
Sea-Tac1329.00
2000cs192.50

      10-10-2018, 10:08 AM   #3
fravel
Colonel
fravel's Avatar
United_States
1555
Rep
2,456
Posts

Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Nasti 'Nati

iTrader: (1)

Eddie Bauer

Lifetime Warranty ftw
__________________
Appreciate 1
Not_Judy2403.00

      10-10-2018, 10:10 AM   #4
usshelena725
Silent Service
usshelena725's Avatar
United_States
2432
Rep
991
Posts

Drives: 2013 328i E93
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: East Tennessee

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Yeah dude, surely you are not that vain?

Seriously, I buy all my jeans at old navy - cost me about $25 per pair and I usually can wear them for 4-5 years. I typically have 3-4 pairs at any point in time and wear them on Fridays to work and most non-work days during the fall and winter.

I've never had someone comment on my jeans one way or another, and that is probably how it should be for men. If people notice your jeans, then you're not doing it right.

Just go to Target or Old Navy, and spend that hard earned dough on something more appropriate.

Appreciate 2
OnerDriver1611.00
upstatedoc1194.00

      10-10-2018, 10:18 AM   #5
Germanauto
Colonel
Germanauto's Avatar
United_States
2073
Rep
2,112
Posts

Drives: BMW, Lexus
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NW and Midwest

iTrader: (0)

Nordstrom Rack...

The same high quality designer brands at Nordstrom itself but priced far more reasonably (~$70-$110). Sure it's not the "latest" design, but they are f*ckin jeans not a car Lol. All that matters is finding what's comfortable and looks good.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 10:19 AM   #6
Not_Judy
Not a Female
Not_Judy's Avatar
2403
Rep
641
Posts

Drives: 2008 E93
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Parts Unkown

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
Ugh this is like the luggage thread...

I thought all jeans pants were the same : :
They are definitely not sir. If you ever put on a pair of really well made jeans you will understand. There is a company about 2 hours from me in Nashville that will custom make jeans for your size and shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Yeah dude, surely you are not that vain?

Seriously, I buy all my jeans at old navy - cost me about $25 per pair and I usually can wear them for 4-5 years. I typically have 3-4 pairs at any point in time and wear them on Fridays to work and most non-work days during the fall and winter.

I've never had someone comment on my jeans one way or another, and that is probably how it should be for men. If people notice your jeans, then you're not doing it right.

Just go to Target or Old Navy, and spend that hard earned dough on something more appropriate.

Vain, nah, not vain. I view clothing as an investment as I do anything else that is a non-consumable. I never buy anything unless it's an amazing deal. I never pay full retail for anything. If I can buy a pair of $200-500 jeans for $50 and them last me for 7-10 years...you bet your ass I'm going to. Technically I'm only spending $20-30 more than what most people do and get way more wear/use/life out of them.

I'm that guy that buys nice things takes care of them and they last me forever. I honestly still have almost every pair of Ray-Ban, Oakley or Persol sunglasses I've ever bought. I have have a closet full of shirts that are over 5-7 years old.

I also wear jeans to work everyday. The reason no one is commenting on your jeans is because you are buying them at Target and Old Navy. I'm not looking for men to comment on my jeans, but this is definitely something that ladies notice....trust me.
Appreciate 5
Germanauto2073.00
Sea-Tac1329.00
Kyngofpop326.00
wrickem644.50
unluky48.00

      10-10-2018, 10:23 AM   #7
Germanauto
Colonel
Germanauto's Avatar
United_States
2073
Rep
2,112
Posts

Drives: BMW, Lexus
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NW and Midwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Vain, nah, not vain. I view clothing as an investment as I do anything else that is a non-consumable. I never buy anything unless it's an amazing deal. I never pay full retail for anything. If I can buy a pair of $200-500 jeans for $50 and them last me for 7-10 years...you bet your ass I'm going to. Technically I'm only spending $20-30 more than what most people do and get way more wear/use/life out of them.

I'm that guy that buys nice things takes care of them and they last me forever. I honestly still have almost every pair of Ray-Ban, Oakley or Persol sunglasses I've ever bought. I have have a closet full of shirts that are over 5-7 years old.
Same here...I buy expensive accessories like shoes, wallets, ties, sunglasses, etc. that may make me look like a d-bag, but guess what they last forever. People think my 4 year old black Magnanni dress shoes are new. They were $250 but clearly worth it in the long-term. And if you look for the right sales at Neiman's, Saks, Nordstrom, etc. you can find a killer deal.
Appreciate 6
      10-10-2018, 10:24 AM   #8
usshelena725
Silent Service
usshelena725's Avatar
United_States
2432
Rep
991
Posts

Drives: 2013 328i E93
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: East Tennessee

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Vain, nah, not vain. I view clothing as an investment as I do anything else that is a non-consumable. I never buy anything unless it's an amazing deal. I never pay full retail for anything. If I can buy a pair of $200-500 jeans for $50 and them last me for 7-10 years...you bet your ass I'm going to. Technically I'm only spending $20-30 more than what most people do and get way more wear/use/life out of them.

I'm that guy that buys nice things takes care of them and they last me forever. I honestly still have almost every pair of Ray-Ban, Oakley or Persol sunglasses I've ever bought. I have have a closet full of shirts that are over 5-7 years old.

I also wear jeans to work everyday. The reason no one is commenting on your jeans is because you are buying them at Target and Old Navy. I'm not looking for men to comment on my jeans, but this is definitely something that ladies notice....trust me.

1) Jeans are jeans. A $300 pair of jeans isn't of any higher quality than something at Old Navy or Target.

2) I understand value for money, I only wear Oakley sunglasses because the quality is vastly superior to cheap sunglasses and I wear them anytime I am outside or in the car. Worthy investment, jeans not so much. No variance in quality, at least not in a significant amount.

3) A pair of Wranglers will last just as long as a pair of $300 jeans. I get rid of mine every 5 years or so, simply because the styles change and it's just nice to have some fresh clothes on occasion, not because they wear out.

4) Trust me, as a man, no one should notice your clothes beyond "he looks nice". Above that, you have gone too far.

5) Don't care what other girls think as I am happily married and my wife approves of my jeans selection 100%.
Appreciate 2
Not_Judy2403.00
arkie667.00

      10-10-2018, 10:25 AM   #9
Not_Judy
Not a Female
Not_Judy's Avatar
2403
Rep
641
Posts

Drives: 2008 E93
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Parts Unkown

iTrader: (0)

Glad someone gets where I'm coming from. This is my point exactly, looking for new well made jeans that don't have ton of flash on the back pockets.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 10:26 AM   #10
twin fed
Doc Brown
twin fed's Avatar
755
Rep
2,039
Posts

Drives: 2016 MG MT M2
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Isle of Long

iTrader: (2)

All I wear is Levi's
__________________


Appreciate 4
      10-10-2018, 10:26 AM   #11
Germanauto
Colonel
Germanauto's Avatar
United_States
2073
Rep
2,112
Posts

Drives: BMW, Lexus
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NW and Midwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
1) Jeans are jeans. A $300 pair of jeans isn't of any higher quality than something at Old Navy or Target.

2) I understand value for money, I only wear Oakley sunglasses because the quality is vastly superior to cheap sunglasses and I wear them anytime I am outside or in the car. Worthy investment, jeans not so much. No variance in quality, at least not in a significant amount.

3) A pair of Wranglers will last just as long as a pair of $300 jeans. I get rid of mine every 5 years or so, simply because the styles change and it's just nice to have some fresh clothes on occasion, not because they wear out.

4) Trust me, as a man, no one should notice your clothes beyond "he looks nice". Above that, you have gone too far.

5) Don't care what other girls think as I am happily married and my wife approves of my jeans selection 100%.
Just admit it you wear dad clothes.
Appreciate 5
Not_Judy2403.00
FCobra942080.50
Kyngofpop326.00
Mr. Tasty355.50
unluky48.00

      10-10-2018, 10:28 AM   #12
Not_Judy
Not a Female
Not_Judy's Avatar
2403
Rep
641
Posts

Drives: 2008 E93
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Parts Unkown

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
1) Jeans are jeans. A $300 pair of jeans isn't of any higher quality than something at Old Navy or Target.

2) I understand value for money, I only wear Oakley sunglasses because the quality is vastly superior to cheap sunglasses and I wear them anytime I am outside or in the car. Worthy investment, jeans not so much. No variance in quality, at least not in a significant amount.

3) A pair of Wranglers will last just as long as a pair of $300 jeans. I get rid of mine every 5 years or so, simply because the styles change and it's just nice to have some fresh clothes on occasion, not because they wear out.

4) Trust me, as a man, no one should notice your clothes beyond "he looks nice". Above that, you have gone too far.

5) Don't care what other girls think as I am happily married and my wife approves of my jeans selection 100%.
I can appreciate what you are saying here, but I also think you may be going too far in the direction of thinking that I'm all kinds of extra. Not the case, just shopping around for jeans, that's about it.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 10:28 AM   #13
Germanauto
Colonel
Germanauto's Avatar
United_States
2073
Rep
2,112
Posts

Drives: BMW, Lexus
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NW and Midwest

iTrader: (0)

OP I've seen Lululemon selling pants lately that look more professional. They are purposely made to look subtle enough for work while delivering the comfort Lulus are known for.
Appreciate 2
Naz241466.50
Not_Judy2403.00

      10-10-2018, 10:31 AM   #14
Naz24
Lieutenant Colonel
Naz24's Avatar
United_States
1467
Rep
1,681
Posts

Drives: W205 AMG C63 / E70 X5M
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North/Central NJ

iTrader: (1)

Lulu's are great, i also love the vineyard vine golf pants, super comfy and look good for a business casual work environment.

As for jeans, i usually stick with 7 For all Mankind, can usually get a pair for $100 bucks when they are on sale -- or at the outlet
__________________
Nazario
2017 C63
2012 X5M
SOLD: 2015 M3; 2007 X3 M Sport; 2014 X3 M Sport 35i; 2004 X5 4.4i; 1994 325i
Appreciate 3
Not_Judy2403.00
Mardio83.50
Germanauto2073.00

      10-10-2018, 10:36 AM   #15
hooligan_clt
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_clt's Avatar
2012
Rep
2,031
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

GAP or Banana Republic here.

NFW am I spending $200+ on jeans, I simply don't care that much. GAP denim is widely praised for its quality/dollar ratio, FWIW.
Appreciate 3
Not_Judy2403.00

      10-10-2018, 10:36 AM   #16
Not_Judy
Not a Female
Not_Judy's Avatar
2403
Rep
641
Posts

Drives: 2008 E93
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Parts Unkown

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Same here...I buy expensive accessories like shoes, wallets, ties, sunglasses, etc. that may make me look like a d-bag, but guess what they last forever. People think my 4 year old black Magnanni dress shoes are new. They were $250 but clearly worth it in the long-term. And if you look for the right sales at Neiman's, Saks, Nordstrom, etc. you can find a killer deal.
This. There are things I will splurge on. Watches, wallets, shoes, etc. I have several pairs of shoes that are well oer 5-7 years old that still look brand new that ladies compliment me on anytime that I wear them.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 10:40 AM   #17
usshelena725
Silent Service
usshelena725's Avatar
United_States
2432
Rep
991
Posts

Drives: 2013 328i E93
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: East Tennessee

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
1) Jeans are jeans. A $300 pair of jeans isn't of any higher quality than something at Old Navy or Target.

2) I understand value for money, I only wear Oakley sunglasses because the quality is vastly superior to cheap sunglasses and I wear them anytime I am outside or in the car. Worthy investment, jeans not so much. No variance in quality, at least not in a significant amount.

3) A pair of Wranglers will last just as long as a pair of $300 jeans. I get rid of mine every 5 years or so, simply because the styles change and it's just nice to have some fresh clothes on occasion, not because they wear out.

4) Trust me, as a man, no one should notice your clothes beyond "he looks nice". Above that, you have gone too far.

5) Don't care what other girls think as I am happily married and my wife approves of my jeans selection 100%.
Just admit it you wear dad clothes.
I don't think so, but what do I know, lol. Me in my typical weekend outfit.
Attached Images
  
__________________
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
Appreciate 3
Not_Judy2403.00
Germanauto2073.00
Sea-Tac1329.00

      10-10-2018, 10:41 AM   #18
usshelena725
Silent Service
usshelena725's Avatar
United_States
2432
Rep
991
Posts

Drives: 2013 328i E93
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: East Tennessee

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
I can appreciate what you are saying here, but I also think you may be going too far in the direction of thinking that I'm all kinds of extra. Not the case, just shopping around for jeans, that's about it.
Fair, and understood. Didn't mean to imply otherwise and sorry if it came across that way.
Appreciate 1
Not_Judy2403.00

      10-10-2018, 10:44 AM   #19
Not_Judy
Not a Female
Not_Judy's Avatar
2403
Rep
641
Posts

Drives: 2008 E93
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Parts Unkown

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
GAP or Banana Republic here.

NFW am I spending $200+ on jeans, I simply don't care that much. GAP denim is widely praised for its quality/dollar ratio, FWIW.
I've had a few pair of GAP jeans that I liked but the waist area just seemed a little weird for me. Pockets are way to small and shallow also. That's one of the things that I like about Silver jeans, nice deep pockets. Also the Eddie line of their jeans are tapered but are a little stretchy so when I'm actually working, squating, bending etc, there is is some give there.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 10:46 AM   #20
Delta0311
Major General
Delta0311's Avatar
4658
Rep
8,616
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Anyone who spends $300 on a pair of jeans obviously does not understand what money is supposed to be used for.
__________________
You can detect right away those that are going to be shaky, and that will fall behind and those that are very hungry, and that hunger you will have to develop. You gotta create a goal for yourself whatever that may be, a short term goal and a long term goal and you gotta go after that. And if you donít see it, and if you donít believe it, who else will?
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 3
Not_Judy2403.00
MKSixer8675.00
Maynard897.00

      10-10-2018, 10:47 AM   #21
Mingwan
Captain
808
Rep
827
Posts

Drives: Beastly
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (0)

Levi’s have held up the best for me so far. Most other Jean brands tend to last less than a year for me. They start getting holes around my crotch area.
Appreciate 2
      10-10-2018, 10:49 AM   #22
M_Six
Free Thinker
M_Six's Avatar
United_States
1989
Rep
6,485
Posts

Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I buy a lot of my clothes at LL Bean. Polo shirts, khakis, jeans, jackets, etc. Watch for their sales and the $10 gift card thing they do every now and then. They have lots of different styles, fits, and colors when it comes to jeans. Their polo shirts hold up very well. The collars never get out of shape and they come out of the dryer wrinkle free.
__________________
Mark
markj.pics

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1
Not_Judy2403.00

Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:41 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST