E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > CDV and MTEC FOGS TODAY

05-23-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
123Britt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M235i AT

CDV and MTEC FOGS TODAY

OK - I am in out 3 weeks since my trade 328i auto to 335i 6MT -- both CPO.

I had notice that the clutch release was very all at once and difficult to shift gears at lower rpm without alot of thump and headbob - just looking for smooth operation. I do think the pervious owner was really hard on the clutch.
So, when I read about the CDV - decided to give it a try. The remove and replace was easy but the post bleed was a pain beacasue I really did not know what I was doing. Connected my motive power bleeder and went to 20psi and opened the bleed valve on the slave and YES I expected fluid to come out. NO Fluid until I pumped the clutch with a 3mm tube on the bleeder going into a 1/2 full bottle like when you bleed brakes. Flushed so many times I effectively replaced all the fluid until fresh fluid came out. My initial results are MUCH Better - not perfect but very good. My drive to work tomorrow will be the true test.
I had the under cover removed for the CDV so I pulled back the lower wheelwell trim and replaced the fogs with MTEC bulbs. Now my fogs match the xennons - a great move that I highly recommend.
Appreciate 0