E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Help!!! HID Fog Light Issues

09-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
Cure12
Second Lieutenant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2011 335

Underground Euros 6000K Fog Light HID

I purchased a set of 6000k HID fogs from Underground Euros and had a slight issue with the drivers side ballast. The passenger side fired up without any issues but when I put on the drivers side it came on once and then came off. I kept taking it out and putting it back in as prescribed and got it to come on one more time and I went in the car and took the lights off and put them on it would not come back on. The passenger side works fine. I switched the lights and those were fine. When I put the ballast in question on the passenger side, that worked before, it still didn't fire up so I concluded it was a ballast issue.

I contacted Danny from Underground Euros through PM and he gave me his number and we talked through text. I explained my issue and a new ballast was sent to me promptly.

The lights are very easy to install, true PNP setup, and they work/look great and best of all no errors. Would definietly recommed their services to anyone looking for a HID setup..

Last edited by Cure12; 09-28-2012 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #2
Dominus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Bmw 328i w/ XDrive

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [10.00]
Dont know if it helps but after leaving my HID fogs on for about a half hour or longer without moving the car (doing some night time photoshoots) my drivers side went out. my first guess was an overheating issue, no worries cuz the kit was only$40 and replacing is simple but i took a "spirited" drive to get some cool air to them with them off and then low and behold i stopped and they came back on!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
Cure12
Second Lieutenant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominus View Post
Dont know if it helps but after leaving my HID fogs on for about a half hour or longer without moving the car (doing some night time photoshoots) my drivers side went out. my first guess was an overheating issue, no worries cuz the kit was only$40 and replacing is simple but i took a "spirited" drive to get some cool air to them with them off and then low and behold i stopped and they came back on!
the thing is I didn't even have the opportunity to leave them on that long...
      09-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #4
Cure12
Second Lieutenant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

anyone??
      09-25-2012, 03:12 AM   #5
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Well, since you checked the bulbs and state they are both good - only other things it could be is either a bad Ground on that side, or ballast is no good.

You can never have too good of a Ground circuit with HID. My ballasts are not only mounted directly to the frame, but I also have a seperate Ground wire that goes to a different spot for each.

Since you only paid $40 for the entire setup, the ballasts nor the capsules can't be the best ones out there - I use HPB HID conversion for my fogs with nary a problem
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #6
Cure12
Second Lieutenant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Well, since you checked the bulbs and state they are both good - only other things it could be is either a bad Ground on that side, or ballast is no good.

You can never have too good of a Ground circuit with HID. My ballasts are not only mounted directly to the frame, but I also have a seperate Ground wire that goes to a different spot for each.

Since you only paid $40 for the entire setup, the ballasts nor the capsules can't be the best ones out there - I use HPB HID conversion for my fogs with nary a problem
Well the vendor will be sending me a new ballast so i will wait and see what happens...the setup was more than $40 more like more like $1**.00...