E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > CDV & Dealership

05-13-2010, 07:54 PM   #1
123Britt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M235i AT

CDV & Dealership

Smooth shifting in my 335i is impossible without riding the clutch when shifting below 3k rpms. Above that she shifts pretty smoothly less the notchy shifter.
So - if I take it to the dealership and complian - What should I expect?
If I replace the CDV myself and the dealer finds - What should I expect?
Is $26 shipped the going rate?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2010, 08:11 PM   #2
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

Don't expect much if you complain. I don't see how the dealer would ever know if you replaced it. Just replace it with an OEM one with the guts stripped out. Nobody would be the wiser.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2010, 12:37 PM   #3
ManyMoonsAgo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopa489 View Post
Don't expect much if you complain. I don't see how the dealer would ever know if you replaced it. Just replace it with an OEM one with the guts stripped out. Nobody would be the wiser.
+1 - just pick up an unrestricted valve from Zeckenhausen OR you could take your stock CDV and a small phillips-head or hex head that fits into the small-opening, but is large enough not to fit through the restrictor, then tap the phillips-head with a hammer. The restrictor and a metal clamp will pop right out.

In the end, I just spent the money and bought from Zeckenhausen, but for grins, I did knock the restrictor out of my replaced unit, so now I have a spare.

Once installed, there is pretty much NO WAY the dealer would ever find out about it. The part from Zeckenhausen is IDENTICAL on the outside to the stock unit.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2010, 04:03 PM   #4
123Britt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M235i AT

Ordered from BMS - Looking to install NEXT W/E

Appreciate 0