E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > what should i expect at dealership?

04-17-2011, 10:21 AM   #1
08rookie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

what should i expect at dealership?

girlfriend just bought an 06 330 xi. it has roughly 50k on it now...still under warranty for the nxt year...

she bought from an exotic motor spot in jersey about two weeks ago. car is running great but a service light came on yesterday. she is concerned. the indicator says there is ten miles left on rear brakes. the guy she bought it from swore he replaced all the brakes before she took the keys. in any event he says to bring the car to him and heeeeee will take to bmw by him.

the icon below comes up as the pic i took. also the words in small orange letters "service engine soon" come on in the box above the icon for ten seconds then go away. the pic doesn do justice. but i took it anyway...

my questions regarding the procedure at the dealership....should i expect to call any bmw dealership with these "symptoms" and expect them to reset or address or fix this with absolutely no out of pocket expenses? im sure there is a chance they can come back with something that is not covered under warranty. but like i said it has 50k and its an 06....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
digital01
Search or ban.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

He might not have reset the maintenance schedule on the computer.
'06 325i Black // iDrive // Cold Weather Pkg // Terra Dakota Leather // Lux 5.1 AE LED // Comfort Access // Premium Pkg // Ray's Sebring 19x8.5 & 19x9.5 w/ 245.35.19 - Mich. PS2 & 275.30.19 - Conti. SportContact2 // Front Bumper Splitters // MSD Air Scoops
Appreciate 0