E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > e92/e93 m sport foglight alternative (PICTURES)

08-14-2013, 07:01 PM   #23
dkexige
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 8J TTRS

Usually I look at the is and think those 'finisher rods' are kind of out of place and prefer just a straight duct or black grills, but it looks great on your car!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 09:52 PM   #24
alexgosh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkexige View Post
Usually I look at the is and think those 'finisher rods' are kind of out of place and prefer just a straight duct or black grills, but it looks great on your car!
Thanks! For some reason I could not stand the look of the fog lights and this just looks perfect imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbtamms View Post
Those are very nice trims, I hope we have that on our E90...
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Really wonder if this would fit a pre-LCI.
I imagine that they do fit the Pre-LCI although I do not know for sure. I think the bumpers did not change.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 04:12 AM   #25
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgosh View Post
Thanks! For some reason I could not stand the look of the fog lights and this just looks perfect imo

Thanks!

I imagine that they do fit the Pre-LCI although I do not know for sure. I think the bumpers did not change.
Would you mind measuring the width of the outer bracket's...I don't even know what to call them.

One more thing, are those the only two pieces you bought (on each side)? Or do you have ducts behind them?
      08-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #26
jwzimm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

I am considering doing this as well. I have a couple questions though. I have the aux oil cooler on the passenger side. I know there is a duct that goes up to this that intakes right next to the fog light currently. Did you have this oil cooler? If so did the new parts fit up to the existing duct cleanly or...? Also, on the drivers side the 335is has a aux radiator which that intake feeds. Since we don't have that does this just dump into the area behind the fender?

Could you take some photos close up showing into the new intakes? I'd like to see what things look like in there.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 05:33 PM   #27
Kooshi3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 Jet Black 335i (E92)

Necro-Bumping this thread - Did anyone ever figure out if the 335is grilles can be retrofitted to the pre-lci m-sport bumper in place of the fog lights?
Appreciate 0