E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Double Air Bag Fault Code Stored

10-28-2019, 07:41 AM   #1
wayne1234
Rep
Drives: E91

Double Air Bag Fault Code Stored

Afternoon All,

I've recently bought a CAt D 3 series which was involved in a accident. I've replaced everything required to clear the faults.

But I'm left with the 93B5 code displayed twice on my diagnostic scanner. (See Attachment).

Has anyone had this type of issue before?

I have no other codes within the Air Bag Module.

Cheers
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 06:33 AM   #2
wayne1234
Rep
Drives: E91

Here's a update.

I went ahead and had CrashData uk to clear all crash data, faults etc. While I sent my airbag module away for this repair I decided to buy a cheap 2nd hand unit off ebay to keep me mobile ect (Same Part Number).

I recieved the original unit back on Friday (Repaired!!!). so I plugged it in and the car doesn't get ignition nor start and has the red light on the dash with the vehicle on the ramp symbol.

So now I have my 2nd hand unit plugged in and the car starts and drives etc. I'm now in process of downloading some updated SP-Daten files so that I can code the VIN to the second hand unit.

I have the rear seats removed and the centre console for easy access.

What I've found is only one issue thats causing the Restraint System Fault and that is 93B5 Rear left tensioner.

Now both tensioners when tested on the bench read.

Rear Right 0.05 Ohms
Rear Left 0.05 Ohms

Which is fine.

When I test the resistance at the Module plug end I get the following.

Rear Right = 0.4 Ohms (No fault issue with this tensioner)
Rear Left = 0.10 Ohms

Can anyone advise on the above.

Once I've coded a new VIN to the module, I am planning on coding out the restraint tensioners via NCS Expert.

Cheers
Appreciate 0