E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Index 12 njectors

09-28-2020, 06:04 PM   #1
TylerShubert24
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Sedan

Index 12 njectors

Soo long sorry shot I'm chasing down a cylinder 12 and 3 misfire all I'm really here to ask is would you guys buy these index 12 injectors off of eBay. Has anyone had experience with theses ? Note my car is fbo just no upgraded inner cooler mhd stage 2. https://www.ebay.com/itm/133428801487 says life time warranty for like $500
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 06:54 PM   #2
Aceway
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 135i / F25 28i

Injectors are not something you want to cheap out on. I think some people have success with them, majority do not. What codes do you get?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 07:41 PM   #3
Pavlo335
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceway View Post
Injectors are not something you want to cheap out on. I think some people have success with them, majority do not. What codes do you get?
Agreed. If you are going to spend the time and effort replacing your injectors I would get brand new index 12s. FCP Euro sells them with a lifetime warranty and spending the extra money is worth the peace of mind. If you replace your injectors with cheap ones and whatever issues you are experiencing remain, you will not even know if the injectors are still the issue or not. I am not much of a DIYer but I replaced mine a couple of months ago in my driveway and coded them using the bimmergeeks protool app and the job went smooth all things considered.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 09:58 PM   #4
Bimmer_Engineer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
My first thought is...what the hell why not? They’re less than half the price of new and injectors are like a 90 minute job start to finish. I see you can get a square trade warranty for like $70 as well in case the seller disappears. I would recommend you use the proper tool to pull them so you don’t oval the ports on the head or else an easy job will get a lot tougher. Also check with the seller to see if they come with new Teflon seals. If not then I think you need to get new seals and a seal compressor or something like that...
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 10:05 PM   #5
TylerShubert24
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceway View Post
So if I were to give the codes it would be too much of a head ache for everyone at the moment(I didn't make this post for help with the misfire). Only reason I say this is because I've had previous posts on the misfire issue and it turned into do this and do that. So Cars been parked for a while because I though I'd do the oil pan gasket which went good no more leaks. But in regards to the misfire I got new plugs and have tested the coils which are good. The car still has index 1 injectors so I though if it doesn't fix my problem then it's fine because preventive maintenance. So if I continue to have misfire problems after I do injectors then I'll make a post. Thanks for the input everyone on the injectors.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 10:07 PM   #6
TylerShubert24
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Engineer View Post
My first thought is...what the hell why not? They’re less than half the price of new and injectors are like a 90 minute job start to finish. I see you can get a square trade warranty for like $70 as well in case the seller disappears. I would recommend you use the proper tool to pull them so you don’t oval the ports on the head or else an easy job will get a lot tougher. Also check with the seller to see if they come with new Teflon seals. If not then I think you need to get new seals and a seal compressor or something like that...
This is what I was thinking but I don't really want to put cheap parts in the car. My whole thing is to make it a fun reliable car. I'll post again if I end up buy them and let everyone know how the install goes.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 10:51 PM   #7
Tunafish
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i N55

Not very many reveiws but one that stands out of six injectors three were leaking.. Would be a gamble...
Appreciate 0