E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > *SOLD* For Sale Laptop loaded with Diagnositcs software

01-24-2021, 06:59 AM   #1
Scoff123
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 320D M Sport

*SOLD* For Sale Laptop loaded with Diagnositcs software

I am selling my Samsung Laptop due to getting a new laptop at Christmas. This laptop has served me well over the years and have used it on my old 1 series as well as my current E90 for looking at fault codes, diagnostics as well as a lot of coding.

The laptop is in very good condition as I look after my tech equipment, but as its used there might be a tiny mark here or there that I haven't spotted.
Everything works on the laptop like it should, and to protect it in transit I am including a laptop case for it. The case is good condition but does show the odd sign of wear here and there as expected. AC charger included also.

Given the laptop is several years old, the battery obviously doesn't hold the same amount of charge that it did when new, however it still holds a pretty good charge considering. I have coded a couple of things fine as well as run a fault code error in ISTA which takes a while, just running off battery, but normally I use an extension reel and have the laptop plugged in which I think is good practice when coding!

Software includes Rheingold/ISAT-D and ISTA-P, INPA, NCSExpert, NCSDummy, WinKFP, BMW Coding Tool, Tool32 as well as some others.

The laptop is running Windows 7, although it shows the message in the bottom corner saying it isn't a genuine copy of windows 7. This doesn't affect anything whatsoever, and I've only ever kept the laptop as an offline laptop and haven't connected to the internet. This might be due to the fact I've restored the image form a backup I made after first putting the laptop together. Anyway, as mentioned, this doesn't cause any issues.

All you will need for coding or diagnostics etc is your own OBD cable. The software is set up for OBD, however depending on your chosen cable, you may need to change the COM port number being used when you install the drivers for your particular cable. The cable I was using with this was from One Stop Electronica as that seemed to have about the best reputation for being a decent quality cable at the time I bought it. This cable is NOT included in the sale as I am using it on my new laptop. There are plenty guides online telling you how to change the COM port number for your cable and how to use the software included.

If I was going to keep the laptop, the only thing I would probably so is convert it to a solid state drive, to speed up the boot time and possible how quick ISTA works. The diagnostic scan in ISTA isn't not the fastest of processes so might benefit from this.

The laptop spec is
Windows 7
Intel Pentium P6200 @2.13GHz
8GB RAM

Laptop will be packaged well and sent via courier.

£195 inc postage

Last edited by Scoff123; 01-30-2021 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: Added SOLD to title
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 05:05 PM   #2
Scoff123
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 320D M Sport

Now sold
Appreciate 0