E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Mod my E90

07-06-2017, 05:29 AM   #23
Trev88
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320d e90 LCI

Got a muffler if u like but it's for a 320D not sure if it's universal.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2017, 05:13 PM   #24
KiwiRD
Captain
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i M Sport 6MT

I would look to the 320si - BMW's own touring car version of the 320i. Have a read up on what they did to the engine on that, and you might be able to work out where they looked for power. It has to be said that the 320si engine is a pretty damn fine looking thing!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...1&d=1153477875

Last edited by KiwiRD; 07-06-2017 at 05:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2017, 08:13 AM   #25
billabum
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbce90 View Post
I made do with the lack of power for as long as I could and just enjoyed having decent handling and comfortable interior. I went for aesthetic mods instead. The funny thing is, at the time I specifically chose the "i" over the "d" as i didn't want diesel.. oh the regrets I had later on!

I would suggest the BMWPE for your own overall enjoyment rather than for 'performance.' Forget about that GruppeM intake.. total waste of money. Even the K&N and airbox mod is unnecessary but at least it will only cost you $100 or so to try.

PM me if you want the exhaust. Happy to let it go to a good home and I have no use for it any more anyway
Thanks for the advice, man. Hearing this from someone who has previously owned and driven a 320i really helps me to understand everything.

Check your PMs!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2017, 08:55 AM   #26
billabum
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI 320i

I hear you guys loud and clear lol. I have to admit, I didn't know much about the 320i's performance capabilities in terms of how it can be modded, in this case why it shouldn't be modded.

As of now, trading in my 320 for a 335 isn't feasible so I'll be keeping it in the meantime. I wasn't expecting to get massive gains though, just make it go "vroom vroom" a tad bit more. I'm not going to get up to any hoonery or anything but it'd be nice to just step on the gas and jet instead of having to put the effort in to finesse past "can'ts" who try to race me from time to time haha.

Anyways, I'll continue to work on my car but I won't be do anything crazy (expensive). I'm going to install splitters tomorrow which I'll update to the thread after it's done.

Thanks to everybody for throwing in their 2 cents and talking some sense to me.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2017, 05:34 PM   #27
EB89
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i e92 DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by billabum View Post
I hear you guys loud and clear lol. I have to admit, I didn't know much about the 320i's performance capabilities in terms of how it can be modded, in this case why it shouldn't be modded.

As of now, trading in my 320 for a 335 isn't feasible so I'll be keeping it in the meantime. I wasn't expecting to get massive gains though, just make it go "vroom vroom" a tad bit more. I'm not going to get up to any hoonery or anything but it'd be nice to just step on the gas and jet instead of having to put the effort in to finesse past "can'ts" who try to race me from time to time haha.

Anyways, I'll continue to work on my car but I won't be do anything crazy (expensive). I'm going to install splitters tomorrow which I'll update to the thread after it's done.

Thanks to everybody for throwing in their 2 cents and talking some sense to me.
If that's what you want then it's an exhaust system you want to put on.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 08:31 AM   #28
ericjackson1253
Pepsiblue
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i XDrive Sedan

I'm currently in the modding process. I have a 2011 e90 335xi. So far I have the VRSF DP and AFE intake. I have the VRSF 7" intercooler and charge pipe I haven't installed yet also installing a MHD tune afterwards. I guess my question is that has anyone had a rough or an unsteady idle as they were putting these aftermarket performance parts on. I noticed my idle become really rough and unsteady when I installed the DP, it had calmed down a lot since I installed the intake. It still idles a little rough and unsteady. Will that go away once all my parts are in and the car has a tune?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 09:10 AM   #29
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjackson1253 View Post
I'm currently in the modding process. I have a 2011 e90 335xi. So far I have the VRSF DP and AFE intake. I have the VRSF 7" intercooler and charge pipe I haven't installed yet also installing a MHD tune afterwards. I guess my question is that has anyone had a rough or an unsteady idle as they were putting these aftermarket performance parts on. I noticed my idle become really rough and unsteady when I installed the DP, it had calmed down a lot since I installed the intake. It still idles a little rough and unsteady. Will that go away once all my parts are in and the car has a tune?
A tune will def help this
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 09:55 AM   #30
ericjackson1253
Pepsiblue
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i XDrive Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjackson1253 View Post
A tune will def help this
Thanks a lot I appreciate this. I was starting to worry. I thought I was going to have to buy some new sensors.
Appreciate 0