E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > adaptive xenon headlight function

07-12-2019, 02:38 PM   #23
rawdog573
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90yyc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog573 View Post
Cool thanks. Once I get my new lights in I'll
Check it out
Worth checking for sure, but the fogging referred to affects the projector lens specifically. So if your only issue is the inner halogens, that thread likely won't apply. Interested read nonetheless!
I don't have issues with the inner halogen. Pringle post was more about what they are there for since I never use them
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 02:51 PM   #24
e90yyc
Art Collector
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi (GM-delete 6MT)

Quote:
I don't have issues with the inner halogen. Pringle post was more about what they are there for since I never use them
Ahhh, I gotcha! So your brightness issue is with your xenons. That makes more sense. In the picture it looked very halogen-esque; then again, since you're likely running OE bulbs that makes sense.

You'll be able to tell just by visual inspection whether your lens is fogged. Let us know what you find!
      07-13-2019, 12:15 PM   #25
rawdog573
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90yyc View Post
Quote:
Ahhh, I gotcha! So your brightness issue is with your xenons. That makes more sense. In the picture it looked very halogen-esque; then again, since you're likely running OE bulbs that makes sense.

You'll be able to tell just by visual inspection whether your lens is fogged. Let us know what you find!
Will do. Last night I backed up 25 from the wide of the house. I can stand in front of the driver headlight and passenger is just barely enough to overcome the fog lights. If I cover up the passenger it's almost as if the passenger light isn't even on but it is. I'm hoping maybe new bulbs will solve the issue. If not I'll look into cleaning the projector. I work at a dealership so I'm able to use a lift to make getting into the fenders a lot easier for me
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 04:09 PM   #26
rawdog573
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Update. I bulb my new bulbs in and cleaned the projector inside with a clothes hanger bent and some napkins rubber band to them with glass cleaner sprayed on there. They did clean some residue off. But passenger wide is still obviously not as bright as driver wide. Is it possible that a weak ballast is not sending as much power to it causing this? And also where are the ground connections for the lights. I want to check those tho to see
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 07:17 AM   #27
vdubturbo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90, E36, 997

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the coding options on Pre-LCI adaptive HID's are a bid weird. The inner halogens do not function as cornering lamps and I do not believe they can be coded as such (i have not seen the option).
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 07:21 AM   #28
rawdog573
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubturbo View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the coding options on Pre-LCI adaptive HID's are a bid weird. The inner halogens do not function as cornering lamps and I do not believe they can be coded as such (i have not seen the option).
I figured. Trying to figure out why my passenger headlight is dimmer then the driver. Replaced bulbs and cleaned projector housing but it's still the same
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 07:26 AM   #29
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
I figured. Trying to figure out why my passenger headlight is dimmer then the driver. Replaced bulbs and cleaned projector housing but it's still the same
Hmm someone would have to confirm if this is good idea/possible but maybe swap Xexnons control unit to see if it will stay dim. I'm not sure if a bad control unit could work half or if it wouldn't work it wouldn't make the light at all.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 07:29 AM   #30
rawdog573
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
Quote:
Hmm someone would have to confirm if this is good idea/possible but maybe swap Xexnons control unit to see if it will stay dim. I'm not sure if a bad control unit could work half or if it wouldn't work it wouldn't make the light at all.
That's what I was thinking. I'll probably do it when I go on lunch todsy
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 07:31 AM   #31
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
I was about to say gonna be a PITA but compared to my E92 LCI, E90 Pre LCI headlights seems easier to work on haha.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 07:33 AM   #32
rawdog573
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
Quote:
I was about to say gonna be a PITA but compared to my E92 LCI, E90 Pre LCI headlights seems easier to work on haha.
They are pretty easy. I personally light the pre lci angel better to because when I swapped for led for white angel eyes they got even flow to both rings vs one ring biased
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 10:14 AM   #33
vdubturbo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90, E36, 997

Quote:
There is a "dipped" position that they can be in for certain settings (e.g. if the Xenons are set as DRL's). Is it possible the one lens is stuck in a dipped position? If that were the case, it would appear dimmer. Just a thought.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 12:22 PM   #34
rawdog573
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubturbo View Post
Quote:
There is a "dipped" position that they can be in for certain settings (e.g. if the Xenons are set as DRL's). Is it possible the one lens is stuck in a dipped position? If that were the case, it would appear dimmer. Just a thought.
No they both aim the same way. No lazy eye. It's just dimmer. I'm thinking maybe the ballast is just going bad
Appreciate 0