E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Brake warning light symbols

02-27-2015, 01:45 PM   #1
Bmwjc
Private
Rep
Drives: 330d

Brake warning light symbols

hi all my e91 has suddenly had the yellow ramp light and yellow (!) lights come on. Just can't work out what they mean. Manual is useless. Can't get in touch with my garage until Monday and I need the car. Car has just had a service and brake fluid change plus DPF clean. Runs like beaut now but these lights have just come on.

Anyone have any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 04:51 PM   #2
Needbmwpartzz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

it's in there!

Also means your brakes need to be serviced.
Could be a faulty brake sensor/or they forgot to reset the mileage for next service.....so search for break sensor reset in here and DIY and save yourself money and headache of bringing to dealer.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 05:06 AM   #3
vishvx
Rep
Drives: E92

Just had this warning this morning saying right break light failure, checked it in another cars reflection and got my dad to take a look, all looks to be working fine.

Will check the manual and have a further look on the internet
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 06:19 PM   #4
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishvx View Post
Just had this warning this morning saying right break light failure, checked it in another cars reflection and got my dad to take a look, all looks to be working fine.

Will check the manual and have a further look on the internet
I've got the same. Could be a lose connection. If you are pre-lci like me then the rear brakes light contains 2 bulbs each lighting about 50%. You could get away with one. Jam the brake on and take a look. That's what i did tonight. Going to see if the connection is bad. Could be water vapor or vibration shaking it loose etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 08:00 PM   #5
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

It was a loose bulb. Pulled out the lights. Checked the filament. All intact. Jiggled it about. Retested. Working fine. Put it back and it hasn't happened again.
Appreciate 0