E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Bypass Headlight Ballast

09-05-2018, 11:19 PM   #1
poptart56
Private
Rep
Drives: Black E90 Auto Sport Pkg

Bypass Headlight Ballast

I've done a bit of searching but I can't find anything involving this. I wanted to put LED instead of the stock xenons in but you need to bypass the ballast to do this. Is this possible or has anyone done this?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2018, 11:35 PM   #2
Doesha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Pre-LCI Monaco Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by poptart56 View Post
I've done a bit of searching but I can't find anything involving this. I wanted to put LED instead of the stock xenons in but you need to bypass the ballast to do this. Is this possible or has anyone done this?
This is possible. check out Top Tier Auto Parts out of Anahiem, California. Just Google them and give them a call. I was just speaking to him a few weeks ago about this. and it is definitely possible. Was wanting to demon eyes with bluetooth controller to change colors, and he was showing me some stuff when I was in there on LED options for D2S that would work with the D1S socket. They also have options for just LEDs as well. you can easily bypass the ballast, but coding will have to be done.

I was also thinking about doing a switch from the high/low beam Xenon as-well has the halogen and having them both on for high/low beam at the same time. Cus to be honest I've never used the flash to pass feature and my DRL are AE anyways if I need to flash I'll just use my fogs to flash
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 06:59 PM   #3
tofu?
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 n54

there are no good plug and play LED options at the moment, just hackjobs with worse output. i ended up just going with better xenons - CBB
Appreciate 0