E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW of Fort Myers (bad review inside)

05-06-2016, 10:38 AM   #1
BeastMode335i
Maximus Decimus Meridius
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

BMW of Fort Myers (bad review inside)

I'll try and keep this short and to the point for those who are planning on having any service done at this location.. After having my vehicle at this dealership over five times throughout several months, not only did they manage to misdiagnose my car, which over the term cost me right around $5k, they broke my speaker grill on my dash and denied it, and lost an exhaust bracket causing my car to make a rattling noise while driving, which they denied as well.. What happened was my turbos had failed, however they were under warranty until 3-2016, well from 8-2015 to 3-2016 BMW of Fort Myers claimed my turbos were fine, until I brought it somewhere else for a second opinion a few weeks ago, and they told me my turbos were shot, and had been shot for quite a while which was causing my severe smoking issue..! So not only did I replace every single thing BMW told me to replace out of my own pocket assuming they knew what they were talking about, NONE of those items had anything to do with my cars issue and were basically replaced for no reason other than them being lazy and incompetent enough to diagnose a smoking issue, along with them prolonging their misdiagnosis just long enough to where it wouldn't be covered under warranty.!! I wish I would have gone to BMW of Naples in the first place as I was treated with dignity and respect there.. The Service Manager John was also very courteous and helpful.. BMW of North America got involved with this and did manage to get my exhaust bracket replaced for free, but they only offered me a discount on the speaker grill they broke which blows my mind..! I am friends with two people who work there, and I genuinely feel bad that they are stuck working with such incompetent individuals, from the Service Manager Ken to the Parts Manager Jeff.. Thanks BMW of Fort Myers, you showed me the true definition of horrible customer service, and even after my family in the past two years alone has spent about $200k on BMW's from you guys', I'll make sure that from now on anybody who asks me where to go for a BMW, I send them right to BMW of Naples, where at least I know they'll not be misinformed, lied to, and treated with such horrible customer service..!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 05:00 PM   #2
fareast1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330I, 1996 z3, 2010 X5

Man that sucks. I would contact BMW NA to let them know how things went. I doubt much will come of it, but it might make you feel better if nothing else.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2016, 11:23 PM   #3
Barefoot-335is
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is Coupe

I have never gone to Ft Myers BMW, but my father likes them better than Germain. He has bought probably 10 cars from them. He's 75 and I'm 52.
I have had service done at Germain and have had hit and miss experiences with them. When I had my 2008 335i Sedan the transmission started acting up at 32K miles, they diagnosed it as needing to be replaced for $8600. Car was out of warranty due to"In Service Date". I found the Reset here on the forum and it ran perfectly for 37k more miles until I traded it 3 mos ago.
I think that when you take your car into any dealer it is better to research your known issues on forums to get an idea of what it should be or actually is. This way you are an informed (somewhat) customer and this allows you to be able to call them on any diagnosis that you have an issue with.
When I called Germain back about my findings on the Reset, the Service Manager told me well if the car was under warranty we would have replaced it. 20 mins searching this forum saved me $8600. Kudos to E90Post !!!
Appreciate 1
      05-09-2016, 11:00 AM   #4
BeastMode335i
Maximus Decimus Meridius
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fareast1 View Post
Man that sucks. I would contact BMW NA to let them know how things went. I doubt much will come of it, but it might make you feel better if nothing else.
Oh I definitely did, they are the ones who got me the part that they lost for free.. They still tried to charge me for the other part, and BMWNA said they put in a claim for it, but w/e..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot335i View Post
I have never gone to Ft Myers BMW, but my father likes them better than Germain. He has bought probably 10 cars from them. He's 75 and I'm 52.
I have had service done at Germain and have had hit and miss experiences with them. When I had my 2008 335i Sedan the transmission started acting up at 32K miles, they diagnosed it as needing to be replaced for $8600. Car was out of warranty due to"In Service Date". I found the Reset here on the forum and it ran perfectly for 37k more miles until I traded it 3 mos ago.
I think that when you take your car into any dealer it is better to research your known issues on forums to get an idea of what it should be or actually is. This way you are an informed (somewhat) customer and this allows you to be able to call them on any diagnosis that you have an issue with.
When I called Germain back about my findings on the Reset, the Service Manager told me well if the car was under warranty we would have replaced it. 20 mins searching this forum saved me $8600. Kudos to E90Post !!!
I definitely agree it's best to diagnose a bit yourself before bringing it anywhere to be knowledgeable on the situation.. In my case, I did do that and I did diagnose it as bad turbos, and being that they were under warranty that's when I brought it to them, boy was that a mistake.. I ended up picking up my car with more stuff broken/missing than when I had dropped it off.. The Service Manager Ken is on his way out anyways so I'm sure he really doesn't give a shit, as his tone with me was always very nonchalant and had no enthusiasm to help me out.. My first service adviser was Frank, and although he had a cool puerto rican accent, he really was about as helpful as used toilet paper.. Naples just took so much better care of me and my car, plus John the Service Manager there gives me great prices on OEM parts so they earned my business.. Fort Myers just tried to screw me on more than one occasion and I can't find it in my heart to forgive them lol..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 01:29 PM   #5
Barefoot-335is
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is Coupe

Yeah, John in Parts at Germain is really good as is Tim and Cameron. There used to be guy named Edison there that was really good but he moved to Honda.
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2016, 07:50 AM   #6
BeastMode335i
Maximus Decimus Meridius
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot335i View Post
Yeah, John in Parts at Germain is really good as is Tim and Cameron. There used to be guy named Edison there that was really good but he moved to Honda.
Yeah Cameron is also cool af.. He hooks me up when John isn't around
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 02:08 PM   #7
kolhozbrothers
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Years ago when I took my E46 to have the sub frame welded, they denied and told me there was no recall. I returned with a printed paper and they told to me **** off. I called BMW of NA, and after a couple hours, BMW of Fort Myers calls me back and tells me: When would you like to come? lol
I don't remember the name of the service manager, but he was the one who told me there was no such thing as a cracked sub frame recall on e46.
I do buy all my parts from them, and I am good friends with the parts department, but their service sucks.
I know some of the mechanics that work there, and they were the ones who told me never take your car there lol
Appreciate 1
      03-17-2017, 02:43 PM   #8
BeastMode335i
Maximus Decimus Meridius
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolhozbrothers View Post
Years ago when I took my E46 to have the sub frame welded, they denied and told me there was no recall. I returned with a printed paper and they told to me **** off. I called BMW of NA, and after a couple hours, BMW of Fort Myers calls me back and tells me: When would you like to come? lol
I don't remember the name of the service manager, but he was the one who told me there was no such thing as a cracked sub frame recall on e46.
I do buy all my parts from them, and I am good friends with the parts department, but their service sucks.
I know some of the mechanics that work there, and they were the ones who told me never take your car there lol
Yeah it was probably Ken, he's been there forever and he's a fkn moron..

And I'm cool with Caleb and Justin who work there in Parts dept. so I get the hookup too.. I'm friends with the Parts Manager John @ Germain in Naples too, so I'm good at both places with parts.. But yeah Ken is a fgt, he also denied my warranty exchange on my turbos because, "they're bad, but they're not bad enough", is what he tells me.. Oh how I wanted to karate chop his throat after that one lol..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2017, 12:32 PM   #9
Karbon
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Sounds about right....
I walked into BMW Fort Myers once..... ONCE! That's all it took.

Ever since then I've only ever gone to Germain.

Appreciate 1
      03-18-2017, 02:55 PM   #10
BeastMode335i
Maximus Decimus Meridius
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karbon View Post
Sounds about right....
I walked into BMW Fort Myers once..... ONCE! That's all it took.

Ever since then I've only ever gone to Germain.
Yeah the only reason I even considered going to the dealer was because I "thought" my issue would be covered under warranty.. Boy was I wrong..! If it wasn't for my two buddies working there I'd go to Germain 100% of the time.. I left BMW of FM a horrible Google review lol..
Appreciate 0