E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > VTT GC V2.0 Results on BMS's 135i!

09-26-2018, 08:40 PM   #1
Chris@VargasTurboTech
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: All Things TurboCharged

VTT GC V2.0 Results on BMS's 135i!

From Terry Burger over at BMS:

"Been a long time coming, but our white 135i is finally back together!
Sometime in 2017 the stock motor gave up so we shipped the car up to Vargas for an entirely new build. Budget oriented forged motor, GC2 turbos, and various little bits and pieces that made sense while it was all apart. While I was happy with the MOTIV 750 kit we've already got the ACF single turbo 335 in our stables here. I was intrigued by the potential to make the same or more power at half the price, in a cleaner looking twin turbo package, so made the switch to GC2s.

Basic Build Details:
JB4 with MHD BEF
VTT GC V2 turbos
VTT/Rebello Short block CP 9.5:1 pistons, Manley Turbo Tuff Rods, King bearings, ARP Rod bolts
Stock head, stock valves, stock retainers, Supertech Valve springs, new guides, new seals ARP Head Studs
Schrick High Lift Cams
VTT Upcoming crank hub fix, with Crank bolt capture
VTT Stock location rear inlet, relocated front inlet
VTT Crankcase Breather
Fuel-It PI w/ stock intake manifold
Fuel-It Stage 3 LPFP with Return
Spec 3+ clutch / Aluminum SMFW
ADE Engine mounts
UUC Red Trans mounts
Custom 3.5" aluminum catback
100% Pump E85

Tony got everything up and running last week and was kind enough to help me do a little preliminary remote tuning on their dyno just to see where things stand. Overall, I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the GC2 turbos. They are so responsive on the dyno I had to dial down spool dramatically. And they seem to hold power pretty well up to 7500rpm. I plan on shifting it around 7000rpm but it's nice to know the turbos can keep up with the cams if needed.

Below are a few of the last runs we did poking around at different timing curve and boost requests. I'm confident once I get the car strapped down here and can really spend some time with it we'll see power in the 775whp range. But even if nothing changes on that front, I expect to get this in to the 5.6s range or better 60-130.

Also want to thank Tony personally for all the work that went in to it. I changed my mind a few times on some of the parts used which caused annoying delays and the car to have to be stored there for months. Which I can tell you as a business owner is usually annoying. He didn't complain when he had to go chase down the many parts you lose when swapping from single back to twin. And also had a lot of little ideas to improve things that I never would have thought of. I'll leave it to him to reveal some of his built motor secrets should he choose.

Anyway can't wait to get the car back down here so I can start having some real fun with it again."
Attached Images

Last edited by Chris@VargasTurboTech; 10-19-2019 at 11:54 AM..
Appreciate 2
      09-27-2018, 08:53 AM   #2
Cabdriver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i

Very nice Terry! Where'd you get the Schrick cams from?
6MT*Sport Package*Factory Location VRSF Inlets/Outlets*VRSF 7"HD IC & DCIs*FTP Low Temp Oil cooler Thermostat*VRSF DP & 335is Mufflers*Turbosmart Diverters*Custom Tune*550 Clutch & Delay Valve Removed*e93 M3 FSB*Custom Seeping Oil Pan
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 10:43 PM   #3
Chris@VargasTurboTech
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: All Things TurboCharged

Update: Did a 5.41s 60-130 using only 4th gear! Car is ridiculous.

Appreciate 0
      10-14-2018, 08:23 PM   #4
Acekid187
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, E90 335i

I may have to get those GC turbos