E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > eBay m3/mtech bumper install - modification needed?

05-01-2020, 07:36 PM   #1
pjr710
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

eBay m3/mtech bumper install - modification needed?

I saw a thread on here about some guy installing an mtech bumper and replacing the belly pan and a bunch of other stuff.

I would like to get an mtech or m3 bumper for my e92 pre lci but a hang up is potential modification or lack of functionality.

Do these bumpers bolt right up? What about the air ducts?

That dudes thread scares me because he talks about oil coolers and things like that.

If i has to lose functionality or irreversibly modify something i will just keep my stock bumper.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2020, 07:09 AM   #2
mweisdorfer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjr710 View Post
I saw a thread on here about some guy installing an mtech bumper and replacing the belly pan and a bunch of other stuff.

I would like to get an mtech or m3 bumper for my e92 pre lci but a hang up is potential modification or lack of functionality.

Do these bumpers bolt right up? What about the air ducts?

That dudes thread scares me because he talks about oil coolers and things like that.

If i has to lose functionality or irreversibly modify something i will just keep my stock bumper.
I have an 07 e90 and bought an M3 replica bumper in the fall from IKON MOTORSPORTS. The belly pan isn't an exact fit to the new bumper, but it's functional. Admittedly, I don't have an OEM belly pan.

The only mod(s) I had to make were trimming back brake ducts w/ a dremmel & installing back pressure valves for the headlight washers. The OEM brake ducts still retain their functionality.

Neither were hard modifications.

The new bumper is a tight fit around/ under the headlights. A heat gun comes in handy; just don't get too carried away with it

Fitment was spot on.

I can give you the part number I used for the back pressure valves for the headlight washers, if you want. I also used some 3.5mm vacuum line to replace the cheap headlight washer lines that came with the bumper.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 03:03 PM   #3
JUMAS
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

the proper way to install a m sport bumper is by replacing the belly pan, the air ducts, the wheel liners and prob some other small crap.

When you say m tech and m3 bumpers it makes me think you want a ebay bumper. If thats the case, then idk you prob need to modify most of it lol.
Appreciate 0