E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > iDrive constantly restarts

05-23-2020, 12:59 AM   #1
Josh187
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i

iDrive constantly restarts

Hi,

I have a BMW 320i 2005 with the iDrive unit

The screen in constantly blank except for roughly every minute it will flick on white then go back to blank, the ccc unit itself sounds like it is constantly restarting as it seems to go through a cycle of trying to boot then the screen will flick white. No BMW logos or anything.

Any advice would be amazing

Thanks you
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 11:21 AM   #2
hitful
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh187 View Post
Hi,

I have a BMW 320i 2005 with the iDrive unit

The screen in constantly blank except for roughly every minute it will flick on white then go back to blank, the ccc unit itself sounds like it is constantly restarting as it seems to go through a cycle of trying to boot then the screen will flick white. No BMW logos or anything.

Any advice would be amazing

Thanks you
I have the exact same problem 2006 330xi my iDrive is doing exactly this, a couple times it has worked but now my iDrive knob just spins and neither button works and my screen is always blank other than when it tries to reboot then it flashes white.
      05-26-2020, 10:10 AM   #3
hotbox
United_States
Rep
Drives: FBO 335is

Not sure, but it sounds like the CCC unit is dead, if this is the case you can try to find a replacement or upgrade to the CIC or an aftermarket solution. Hopefully someone with the CCC can confirm.