E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Rolling Gears headlights

03-29-2018, 03:15 PM   #375
Bmwuk
BMW GTS
Rep
Drives: BMW M90 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro.SK View Post
With making a hole on the cap, do you have any issues with fogging up?
If you cut the right size hole and use a rubber grommet it is fine... as mentioned previously putting an extra bead of sealant around lens joint is a good idea as the sealant on them isnt as good as oem.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2018, 11:10 PM   #376
Euro.SK
Rep
Drives: BMW f30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwuk View Post
If you cut the right size hole and use a rubber grommet it is fine... as mentioned previously putting an extra bead of sealant around lens joint is a good idea as the sealant on them isnt as good as oem.
I added another layer of sealant around but currently, I'm running HID with a relay harness. I don't know whats going wrong but the passenger side would cut out randomly and I plugged the relay out then back in and it came back on perfectly. Is there another thing it could possibly be? How did you do LEDs, did you use any resistors or harnesses for it?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 02:08 AM   #377
Bmwuk
BMW GTS
Rep
Drives: BMW M90 GTS

Quote:
I added another layer of sealant around but currently, I'm running HID with a relay harness. I don't know whats going wrong but the passenger side would cut out randomly and I plugged the relay out then back in and it came back on perfectly. Is there another thing it could possibly be? How did you do LEDs, did you use any resistors or harnesses for it?
Could be the headlight pin block... check both car and headlight blocks as you may have poor contacts. The leds came with built in resistors and i installed further resistor harnesses for flickering prevention. You may need to code out cold/warm headlights checks also to stop bulb interval blinking... the car pulses the system to check bulbs periodically. You cant stop the system from doing this but you can isolate and code out various bulbs.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 09:24 AM   #378
Euro.SK
Rep

Quote:
Could be the headlight pin block... check both car and headlight blocks as you may have poor contacts. The leds came with built in resistors and i installed further resistor harnesses for flickering prevention. You may need to code out cold/warm headlights checks also to stop bulb interval blinking... the car pulses the system to check bulbs periodically. You cant stop the system from doing this but you can isolate and code out various bulbs.
I had a spare relay from the old harness it had a bit of corrosion and swapped it out then it worked but cut out again later on. I would have to turn off the headlights to DRLs and swap them back on to headlights in which they would turn on. I'm currently running innovated HIDs with a Kensun relay harness in which I might try swap out the relay with a new one and if it happens again I might try changing the harness or ballasts because today it would work for 2 mins then cut right back out. For coding, do you know if Carly would be best to code out that as well license plate LEDs too?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 03:28 PM   #379
Euro.SK
Rep

Quote:
It was a bad HID bulb. Review of the headlights after owning them for three days is a no bueno! I had added extra silicone around the housing and still fogged up badly! I opened the high beam housing to let in some air to get it unfogged so hopefully, the company can work something out !
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2018, 10:36 AM   #380
FiveFiftyEye
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i M Sport

Installed the headlights and what a difference. Put in a OPT7 HID kit which is easy to do and a must. Below pic was taken in direct sunlight.
....but how do you get the halos to stay on without having to turn on the headlights or the parking lights?.
Anyone know the coding "code" and setting that will work for these led halos ?
Attached Images

Last edited by FiveFiftyEye; 05-08-2018 at 10:43 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2018, 09:35 PM   #381
mojobmw_e90
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 E63S

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveFiftyEye View Post
Installed the headlights and what a difference. Put in a OPT7 HID kit which is easy to do and a must. Below pic was taken in direct sunlight.
....but how do you get the halos to stay on without having to turn on the headlights or the parking lights?.
Anyone know the coding "code" and setting that will work for these led halos ?
You have to enable drl lights to use halos instead of the inner bulbs on the lights. A coder can do this for u
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 11:56 AM   #382
FiveFiftyEye
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojobmw_e90 View Post
You have to enable drl lights to use halos instead of the inner bulbs on the lights. A coder can do this for u
Ok, thanks. I coded my f10 using ESYS but have to use NCS Expert for the e90.
Ordered the cable and I'll research the codes for drl and a couple of other settings. Cheers!

Last edited by FiveFiftyEye; 05-10-2018 at 01:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2018, 01:07 PM   #383
MIE91
Rep
Drives: '11 E91 6MT Xdrive

Has anyone retrofitted these with higher quality lenses? Also can they be adjusted "pointed" like oem?

thanks guys
Appreciate 1
Ali-E90378.50
      06-05-2018, 04:12 PM   #384
Ali-E90
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 323i (Cdn)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
Quote:
I don't know whats going wrong but the passenger side would cut out randomly and I plugged the relay out then back in and it came back on perfectly.
I was (am?) having similar issues. I played around with the connector and the issue seems to have improved.

My guess is the pins may not be lining up correctly?
      06-05-2018, 08:50 PM   #385
FiveFiftyEye
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIE91 View Post
Has anyone retrofitted these with higher quality lenses? Also can they be adjusted "pointed" like oem?

thanks guys
The halogen bulbs are not very good on these lights so I'd recommend putting in a HID Kit. I added a OPT7 kit and it's much brighter. Connect the wires and xenon bulbs before fitting the headlights in.

The headlights can be adjusted up.or down by turning the gold color long screw protruding at the back of the headlight unit. You'll need a set of plyers as the screw is too tight to twist by hand.
Attached Images

Last edited by FiveFiftyEye; 06-05-2018 at 09:00 PM..
Appreciate 1
Ali-E90378.50
      01-03-2019, 02:04 PM   #386
Trackster11230
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveFiftyEye View Post
The halogen bulbs are not very good on these lights so I'd recommend putting in a HID Kit. I added a OPT7 kit and it's much brighter. Connect the wires and xenon bulbs before fitting the headlights in.

The headlights can be adjusted up.or down by turning the gold color long screw protruding at the back of the headlight unit. You'll need a set of plyers as the screw is too tight to twist by hand.
How hard was it to install the HID Kit? Did you cut into the housing cap to get it to fit in? I've seen some people say they were able to get around it and I'd like to go that route if possible! Also did you go with the 55W CANBUS kit?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2019, 03:48 PM   #387
TRSpitfire
Private
Rep
Drives: S50 Z3M & S54 Z4M Roadsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackster11230 View Post
How hard was it to install the HID Kit? Did you cut into the housing cap to get it to fit in? I've seen some people say they were able to get around it and I'd like to go that route if possible! Also did you go with the 55W CANBUS kit?
I just installed these headlights with a 55w CANBUS HID kit and ended up using the plugs that came in the back of the new headlights. The holes in the plugs the halogen wires went through are small, but it is rubber and can be stretched significantly. I took a pair of needle nose pliers, opened up the hole, pulled the old wire out and put the new xenon bulb wires I needed in. One went in no problem. The other I stretched a bit too much and it tore. Used it anyway as when you pressure fit it back in it pushes together and seals well.

Last edited by TRSpitfire; 01-04-2019 at 10:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 07:22 AM   #388
Trackster11230
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSpitfire View Post
I just installed these headlights with a 55w CANBUS HID kit and ended up using the plugs that came in the back of the new headlights. The holes in the plugs the halogen wires went through are small, but it is rubber and can be stretched significantly. I took a pair of needle nose pliers, opened up the hole, pulled the old wire out and put the new xenon bulb wires I needed in. One went in no problem. The other I stretched a bit too much and it tore. Used it anyway as when you pressure fit it back in it pushes together and seals well.
Excellent to hear. Thanks for the reply and information!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 09:12 AM   #389
335iRVA
Rep
Drives: 2005 Audi S4

I tried emailing the guy on his website, but didn't get anything back. Is he on here? Does anyone have contact to purchase these?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 02:48 PM   #390
TRSpitfire
Private
Rep
Drives: S50 Z3M & S54 Z4M Roadsters

They are available on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/DNA-motoring-...gateway&sr=8-5

These are branded DNA motoring, but are the same thing. The factory clearly sells to distributors who brand them how they wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRVA View Post
I tried emailing the guy on his website, but didn't get anything back. Is he on here? Does anyone have contact to purchase these?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2019, 07:18 AM   #391
335iRVA
Rep
Drives: 2005 Audi S4

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I’m also very new to coding. Do you have to code these headlights to have the balls turn on when you unlock the car doors?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 07:17 PM   #392
KayneBourgeois
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328xi

Need help! Installed these and have both low beam failure dash indicators. (Cc Id 88 and cc id 89) Both low beams work... but barely. I put the stock bulbs in and then swapped them for led bulbs. I’m stuck. I’ve tried adjusting the projectors. With out my fog lights on I literally can barely see...
Appreciate 0