E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > 2010 3 series pricing released

08-06-2009, 02:53 PM   #23
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikz View Post
official order guides/build date slot info would be coming very soon to dealers..and other than the base pricing as mentioned thats all I was told regarding pricing/figures
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...6&postcount=68
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 03:01 PM   #24
roozie2001
Just some guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 White 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07E92TT View Post
i'm sorry but if im paying 40k for a car I want damn sunroof and I want some real leather. It's stupid for a BMW to not come standard with a sunroof. I dont care about all this "driving experience" crap. I don't drive my car on a track I drive it on an interstate and I'd like for my commute to be as enjoyable as possible, in fact, if the E92 didn't exist i'd take an IS350 over the E90 anyday.
if you dont care about "driving experience" then why the hell would u buy a BMW? lol. your throwing your money away. Is it the pretty badge? or is it being able to tell your friends "hey i drive a BMW".
If its fit and finish you want Lexus has a great interior and lots of amenities are standard. Same with the Infinity.

BMW is a drivers car. Your paying for the drivetrain. the torque. the handling. Theres better looking cars out there in the same class and better priced cars and better performing cars. BMW is the happy medium.
      08-06-2009, 03:04 PM   #25
Nalod
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
I never said this. you totally are distorting what I said and meant. Please go back and reread my first post. By the way I never dissed your car. I don't begrudge anyone how they order their car. My 328i only has the premium package and heated seats. No CA, no ZSP, no 6FL, nothing else. It has 16" wheels for goodness sake.

Thanks, Mike.
Its cool!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 03:04 PM   #26
dhillont
Private
Rep
Drives: jb '09 328i Coupe

Quote:
i'm sorry but if im paying 40k for a car I want damn sunroof and I want some real leather. It's stupid for a BMW to not come standard with a sunroof. I don't care about all this "driving experience" crap. I don't drive my car on a track I drive it on an interstate and I'd like for my commute to be as enjoyable as possible, in fact, if the E92 didn't exist i'd take an IS350 over the E90 anyday.
get an infiniti then. look we all understand the fact that people want more for their money, that's completely fair. but BMW, along with Mercedes, and Audi have been decreasing the amount of standard comfort items for years. What BMW has always sold itself as is the "ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE"...if that's not what you want, then don't complain and go buy a fully loaded infiniti g37 that feels like shit to drive. But hey, at least your interstate commute will be more comfy.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 03:05 PM   #27
dhillont
Private
Rep
Drives: jb '09 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by roozie2001 View Post
if you dont care about "driving experience" then why the hell would u buy a BMW? lol. your throwing your money away. Is it the pretty badge? or is it being able to tell your friends "hey i drive a BMW".
If its fit and finish you want Lexus has a great interior and lots of amenities are standard. Same with the Infinity.

BMW is a drivers car. Your paying for the drivetrain. the torque. the handling. Theres better looking cars out there in the same class and better priced cars and better performing cars. BMW is the happy medium.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 03:24 PM   #28
trauma2020
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 328

i think what he means is that the difference of not having a moonroof is not going to be noticeable for driving on the freeway/around town -> which is a different story than caring about amenities over driving experience.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 03:29 PM   #29
Nalod
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i

Im sure this is an old arguement and EVERYONE IS RIGHT. There is no right or wrong.

The market in general for 40k cars is very wide with lots of offerings. I can see how many feel that spending that kind of money should yield basic things like sun roofs, power everything, and good dealership experience. Infiniti, Acura and Lexus all build a great car. You don't get a refinement of sorts with them. Im not saying the build quality is not the same, just the refinement. They simulate refinement.

The G37 has over 300 hp and is very fast 0-60. Faster then its nearer proced 328. But the engine is harsher. If you don't car and want performance and comfort (who doesn't?) then thats the car. IN fact, thats more common than not. In fact, even most BMWs except those in fanboy sites like here where we beat everything to death want that.

I came to BMW from Audi based on the strenght of the Lease programs that work great for me. I don't commute on the interstate but a quick 5 mile jaunt thru an urban environment. I just moved from the country side where I had killer old Porsche thats more fun than anyting on this board and had a 14 mile commute. Im selling that, my 530's time is up and im looking for a nice easy driver that can do it all. I am fixing up a great older home and a shift of priorities. With two kids in school, im thinking "what do I want and can I do it for less money"? Im thinking net net I can get what I really want and a 3 week euro trip with the 4 of us for the same money!!! Im doing euro deliery and its an amazing value. If you want to go to europe!

A fully loaded g37 does lease for the same as a 40k (half loaded )BMW 3 series. If you don't appreciate the inline 6 and world class MT thats all good, but if you own a bmw your paying for that goodness and thats why they decontent the car to keep prices down.

Usually a typical buyer will get incensed over the lack of standard goodies and order them anyway. Thats how they make money. If comfort is the priority, and lord knows thats not a bad thing at all then I think there are better choices.

Im shrinking my cars as I get older. I had a 420sel mercedes, an e-430, A6 allroad biturbo, 530i, and now I want it even smaller. Roads are nice where I live.

Nice choices either way.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 04:33 PM   #30
samchoi604
Colonel
Rep
Drives: black on black

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillont View Post
go buy a fully loaded infiniti g37 that feels like shit to drive. But hey, at least your interstate commute will be more comfy.
Sigh.. Typical BMW owner's ego that make the rest of us look bad. Typical BMW driver who thinks he's driving a Ferrari.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 05:31 PM   #31
cjava
Private
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by samchoi604 View Post
Sigh.. Typical BMW owner's ego that make the rest of us look bad. Typical BMW driver who thinks he's driving a Ferrari.
Coming from an owner who thinks of the 3-Series as basic transportation, I think the car gives you a great bang for the buck compared to the competition, especially if you do ED.

Having said that, I've had a full week of seat time in a G37. The car felt heavier and far more disconnected.

The optional moonroof won't matter much, because 99% of dealer ordered cars will have the moonroof option. The majority of buyers won't even notice the change.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 06:38 PM   #32
jewishcubbiesfan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 Montego Blue E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargamon View Post
You dont get it? What about the engine? Shift box? Suspension? Fit and finish?

Still don't get it? How about the way it handles? The Smooth Motor, the usable torque in the 328i when you row your own?

This is the car I will drive to work. Maybe to my beach place 3 hours away when my teen age kids are not with us.

I might take the other approach and think why the hell would you order up a 33-36k base car and add up 50% of the cost on add on's and power most really don't use except on occasion? This is like getting the most expensive house in the neighborhood. Its not good value. Its like putting granite countertops in the kitchen and saying the house is better built. No, the counter in the kitchen is better, but it does not effect the engineering of the house! Power seats only help if you move your seat around alot. If you need to move it alot, get it. I understand. But It does not make the car better, just the convienence of the seat. It don't effect the transmission?

If I could get sport seats and wheel alone on a e92 (suspension is already sport) then I'd be happy as hell! I don't want performance tires on my daily driver!

Why not? The car drives very very well with the standard 17's. Sure bigger wheels are better, but sometimes very very well does the trick!

If I lease, the sunroof don't matter. MT don't matter. Leather don't matter. Your ass don't know the difference if its leatherette. 3 series leather don't really feel like leather. I'd rather have a sport seat in leatherette than a standard in just leather. My ass knows that difference.

I rented a camry recently and it FOR THE MONEY it drives very well. I can't stand when people put inexpensive cars down. $for $ the amount of engineering and performance in those cars are amazing! No wonder people don't like BMW drivers who think their shit don't stink.

I am not trying to be the grammar police or anything, but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE learn to use DOESN'T rather then DON'T. It sounds like you are 10 and from redneck country or something!

Also what in the world were you trying to say and I quote "Sure bigger wheels are better, but sometimes very very well does the trick! "

That last part makes absolutely no sense!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 06:56 PM   #33
Geonator
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E92 335i JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewishcubbiesfan View Post
I am not trying to be the grammar police or anything, but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE learn to use DOESN'T rather then DON'T. It sounds like you are 10 and from redneck country or something!

Also what in the world were you trying to say and I quote "Sure bigger wheels are better, but sometimes very very well does the trick! "

That last part makes absolutely no sense!
Am i back in college? Are you an English teacher.. Cut the guy some slack.. We are on a "German car company" website, there's going to be ppl that don't speak proper english..we don't need teachers coming in here ruining threads just cause someone's grammer is not up to par..
Give the guy some slack and find something more entertaining to rant on.

He means that his 17's do the job, but the 18's wouldn't be bad what so ever.. And please can you Spell check for me too...

Thanks
      08-06-2009, 07:00 PM   #34
cruise_bone
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Soon to be E90 or E92

Quote:
i'm sorry but if im paying 40k for a car I want damn sunroof and I want some real leather. It's stupid for a BMW to not come standard with a sunroof. I dont care about all this "driving experience" crap. I don't drive my car on a track I drive it on an interstate and I'd like for my commute to be as enjoyable as possible, in fact, if the E92 didn't exist i'd take an IS350 over the E90 anyday.
I'm paying $40K for an E92 in a couple of months and I'm thrilled I'm not forced to get a sunroof. This has nothing to do with being more rigid, or performing better at the track, at least for me anyway. My car will never see a track. It has to do solely with me never using the one I have now and prefering to use the $750 on an option I would actually like to have.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 07:08 PM   #35
samchoi604
Colonel
Rep
Drives: black on black

and I thought I was the only one who never uses the sun roof! I think it's a nice option, but shouldn't be mandatory. I never use it because I've had one bad experience with a bird poop on the center console through the sun roof. Lots of birds in Canada.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #36
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK View Post
Interesting. Although some will see this as "typical BMW price gouging," the overall price is $750 less, so it works out to be not much of an increase. Also, this will be a significant positive for some, given the additional rigidity and weight loss of a closed roof.
Yeah but they take things away, it's psychology. Take two speakers away from last year's base stereo, etc.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 07:18 PM   #37
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

I don't want power leather seats, and I don't want a sunroof. I don't want to pay thousands extra for the base car to come equipped with them standard. I don't want the extra 100+lbs. And a little more headroom never hurts, esp. for helmet space. The M3 sedan can be ordered with cloth seats and no sunroof, why not the 335? [Ans.: because the dealers would never go for it, panicked that buyers would jump ship and leave them holding the bag with a car they think they could never sell.]

Part of the beauty of the BMW optioning system is freedom of choice. Other manufacturers bundle options into packages with fixed availability in regions.

With BMW we can all order our cars the way we want them. Almost. I would like some further options, like an expanded list of BMW Performance goodies installed at the factory at reduced cost. Manual cloth seats. LSD. Weight reduction.

Those who want a luxury car BMW can order it that way. Those who want a performance car BMW can have their fun too. Hopefully we will get a supersport package soon.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 07:30 PM   #38
jewishcubbiesfan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 Montego Blue E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geonator View Post
Am i back in college? Are you an English teacher.. Cut the guy some slack.. We are on a "German car company" website, there's going to be ppl that don't speak proper english..we don't need teachers coming in here ruining threads just cause someone's grammer is not up to par..
Give the guy some slack and find something more entertaining to rant on.

He means that his 17's do the job, but the 18's wouldn't be bad what so ever.. And please can you Spell check for me too...

Thanks
once again I wasn't trying to be a dick....but come on...DON'T? Really? You are correct, that BMW's are German cars, yet he resides in North Carolina, or so it says on the side under his name. He should know proper English. Like I said, not trying to be a dick, but how hard is it to spell correctly!

And for the record it's grammar not grammer...hey you asked!

As far as I know, grammer isn't even a word. I could be wrong though.

And for some reason the whole "doesn't, don't thing" is a huge pet peeve which is why I mentioned it in the first place. I have met several attractive women who once they open their mouth and I hear "don't" instead of "doesn't", it is a HUGE turnoff. Call me crazy, but it shouldn't be that much to ask for a adult (male or female) to speak or write proper English, should it??
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 08:11 PM   #39
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Wow. I really wish they would've given us the option to not have a sunroof back in 2007. We'd save 80lbs and the car would have a lower center of gravity. I use my sunroof a couple times a year if that. Hate it. Other than that, no complaints at all. Love the car.
      08-06-2009, 08:38 PM   #40
bimmerFUD
Free Your Heel
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
Wow. I really wish they would've given us the option to not have a sunroof back in 2007.
+1 It's time for another ED
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 08:49 PM   #41
CirrusSR22
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

This is EXCELLENT news. I still see a sunroof as the most pointless thing installed on modern cars. I can guantantee that someday it'll rattle or leak. Mine rattles and I absolutely hate it. I don't see why it has been so hard for BMW to just make it an option for the past 12+ years?

Along those lines, why can't we have all the options that they have in Europe? If I really want cloth seats in my new BMW, how hard is it to bolt them in instead of leather ones when it's rolling down the assembly line?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2009, 08:45 AM   #42
07E92TT
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by roozie2001 View Post

I bought a BMW because I think the E92 is a gorgeous car, and I love speed and this car manages to put a smile on my face every time I drive it. Plus i'm only 18 and didn't think a IS350 would be appropriate at such a young age. and FYI I actually don't like people knowing what I drive. AND PLEASE spell Infiniti right.
      08-07-2009, 08:48 AM   #43
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikz View Post
335i sedan/coupe price is the SAME as 2009 pricing
* 19" M Sport wheels available for an extra $1000 with M Sport Package
225M's?!?! woohoo!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2009, 08:54 AM   #44
07E92TT
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by CirrusSR22 View Post
This is EXCELLENT news. I still see a sunroof as the most pointless thing installed on modern cars. I can guantantee that someday it'll rattle or leak. Mine rattles and I absolutely hate it. I don't see why it has been so hard for BMW to just make it an option for the past 12+ years?

Along those lines, why can't we have all the options that they have in Europe? If I really want cloth seats in my new BMW, how hard is it to bolt them in instead of leather ones when it's rolling down the assembly line?
Cloth seats? Really? What's next? Hubcaps for rims? Manual windows? Idk, BMW to me means luxury and sport combined. Yeah I want a fun car to drive but then again I want something that can settle down and be a mature luxury car. Which mine does perfectly, I'm just wondering how rediculous their going to get with their cost cutting...