E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Vessel: CARMEN (04/27/2007)

04-30-2007, 09:29 AM   #1
tadders
Private
Rep
Drives: Ordered: 335i Convertible

Vessel: CARMEN (04/27/2007)

Hi,

Havent seen a thread started up for those that are aboard the WW Lines Carmen vessel.

I just found out I was on there.

Who else is on this ship?

Heres the schedule....
Attached Images

Arrived: E93 335 Space Gray/Coral red/Gray Poplar > ZCW > ZPP > ZSP > STEP > CA > PDC > HD > iPOD
Ordered:3/29 - Production complete:4/19 - At port:4/21 - Aboard Carmen:4/27 - Docked in LA:5/21 - Delivered 6/9
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 09:55 AM   #2
tadders
Private
Rep

Just found the ship, docked in the UK currently....

Not sure how to track it once it leaves the UK as google earth with vesseltracker data doesnt recognize the carmen at all - anyone help?
Attached Images

Arrived: E93 335 Space Gray/Coral red/Gray Poplar > ZCW > ZPP > ZSP > STEP > CA > PDC > HD > iPOD
Ordered:3/29 - Production complete:4/19 - At port:4/21 - Aboard Carmen:4/27 - Docked in LA:5/21 - Delivered 6/9
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 10:04 AM   #3
MyE93
Private
Rep
Drives: E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadders View Post
Hi,

Havent seen a thread started up for those that are aboard the WW Lines Carmen vessel.

I just found out I was on there.

Who else is on this ship?

Heres the schedule....
I am! Glad to see ours cars are actually on the water!
      04-30-2007, 10:37 AM   #4
fragadellic
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyE93 View Post
I am! Glad to see ours cars are actually on the water!
No doubt. I was getting depressed. I vote Tadders official MAP MAN because those are some of the best tracking views I have seen yet on here! It would be cool if they worked all the way across the Atlantic and Pacific!!!

Tracking this is going to be fun. I have a NEW obsession now!!!
      04-30-2007, 10:51 AM   #5
tadders
Private
Rep

Thanks Fragadellic, unfortunately that site only works for tracking ships around the UK. Once the Carmen leaves UK waters that map site wont work (damn).

We should be able to track the ship using google earth with the vesseltracker.com plug in. However, I cannot find the ship using that system, not a good sign....

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 11:36 AM   #6
tadders
Private
Rep

For all those that were struggling to say Port Hueneme. I personally knew I was saying it wrong but had no reference point to understand how to say it!

Here it is: Port Hueneme (pronounced "Wy-nee'mee").

As you can probably tell I am as giddy as a school girl (one little update and it set me off!). I really should go do some work.....

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 12:05 PM   #7
TX Coupe
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Congrats to all that made it on the Carmen. It must have been a stressful week to say the least.

Quote:
Thanks Fragadellic, unfortunately that site only works for tracking ships around the UK. Once the Carmen leaves UK waters that map site wont work (damn).

We should be able to track the ship using google earth with the vesseltracker.com plug in. However, I cannot find the ship using that system, not a good sign....
I think vesseltracker is just for the northern europe ports. Once the ship leaves England you can use http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/index.html to track it in the atlantic if the ship updates itself regularly. Otherwise it is a waiting game.

Ordered 3/24 - Production number 3623XXX - Week 16 Production - Completion date 4/19
At the port of exit 4/21 - On Board COURAGE, delivered to VPC on 5/12 - Delivered May 21
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 01:09 PM   #8
fragadellic
Captain
Rep

Here we go with Carmen information!!!

Here is some useful Carmen information and pix...

Vessel: CARMEN
Callsign: S6IW

Like TX Coupe said, track on http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/index.html, using the callsign above. Looks like it's not reporting yet - probably will be at least a couple of days till we see it out in the Atlantic. Last position was out in the middle of the Pacific on March 20...Carmen sure gets around!!!!

For those of you who don't have the links to the Panama Canal webcams yet, here you go:

http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

And the website for the Port of Hueneme:

http://www.portofhueneme.org/home.php

The "Current Vessel Schedule" will show when they actually expect the ship. Right now they only show Lyra Leader which departed two days before Carmen, so hopefully Carmen will show up on the schedule for Saturday May 26th!

And last, some photos of the ship itself...

04-30-2007, 01:30 PM   #9
snohman
Volk Whore
Rep
Drives: nothing

Garage List
Quote:
For all those that were struggling to say Port Hueneme. I personally knew I was saying it wrong but had no reference point to understand how to say it!

Here it is: Port Hueneme (pronounced "Wy-nee'mee").

As you can probably tell I am as giddy as a school girl (one little update and it set me off!). I really should go do some work.....
Thanks for the pronounciation...
i live here in california and always wondered how to say it!

Don't ask me what i'm doing over here...I'm not on the Carmen...
I think I'm just following Frag around seeing what crazy thing he's gonna come up with next to pass the time.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 04:23 PM   #10
tadders
Private
Rep

Well, she is making progress. She has set sail from Southampton and already rounded the Isle of Wight. Few hours more and she will out of the English Channel and into open water....10 more days until she docks in Panama, hopefully one of can catch her going through the locks in the Panama canal.

P.s: Dont expect my geogrpahy to be as good with the rest of the journey. I lived most of my life in the UK, so know the geogrpahy fairly well!

Update pic for you guys....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 04:51 PM   #11
tadders
Private
Rep

Farg - You mentioned that the Lyra Leader departed two days before Carmen, are you sure that it was going the same route (Belgium, UK, Panama, LA)?

The WW schedule (which has been spot on so far) shows that it is due into LA on May 21st with a same day departure. If it arrives on 5/26 then it will be 5 days behind schedule?

Wonder if there are vessel speed differences built in? I guess I just need to stop thinking about it.... I guess I am still hoping that there is a chance for the car to be in AZ before the end of May.....

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 05:41 PM   #12
fragadellic
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Farg - You mentioned that the Lyra Leader departed two days before Carmen, are you sure that it was going the same route (Belgium, UK, Panama, LA)?

The WW schedule (which has been spot on so far) shows that it is due into LA on May 21st with a same day departure. If it arrives on 5/26 then it will be 5 days behind schedule?

Wonder if there are vessel speed differences built in? I guess I just need to stop thinking about it.... I guess I am still hoping that there is a chance for the car to be in AZ before the end of May.....
You know, Lyra Leader is a NYKLines ship. I forgot about that. So you are definitely correct, you can't compare the two voyages because I don't know if they make the same stops...

I think the only thing that matters now is the WW schedule and the Port Hueneme vessel schedule, and right now Carmen is due at PH on 5/21.

In any case, I would be surprised if the cars aren't available sometime that last week of June. Not that you can make an apples-to-apples comparison, but last month I saw a Mini Cooper go from ship dock to North Scottsdale delivery date in 6 days. The car arrived Port Hueneme on April 7 and the car was delivered on April 13... Of course it totally depends on the volume of cars at the VPC, so it's anyone's guess...
      04-30-2007, 07:59 PM   #13
speedgod
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335

I am so stoked guys!!!! I just saw for my own eyes that my vehicle is on the boat.

My new wheels come in tomorrow as well. Now to decide on my next mod before the car gets here.

SG

-Taylor Knox
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 09:11 PM   #14
fragadellic
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgod View Post
I am so stoked guys!!!! I just saw for my own eyes that my vehicle is on the boat.

My new wheels come in tomorrow as well. Now to decide on my next mod before the car gets here.
SG
Glad you're aboard!!!

My Style 230 rims are at the dealership already... I would recommend the painted reflectors.
http://www.bimmian.com/product.htm?v...item=REF&ref=1

And in case you weren't following the April Production Thread, I found some pretty cool photos of what it looks like inside the ship with the cars anchored down. Check out this link:
http://www.offworld.com/e46/images.html

Of course the OEM front lip looks HOT, and of course everyone needs a PROcede... http://www.vishnutuning.com/bmw_335i.htm

I'm pretty mild on mods.
      05-01-2007, 02:57 AM   #15
fragadellic
Captain
Rep

Tadders, can you give us a new pic of where she is?
      05-01-2007, 08:33 AM   #16
tadders
Private
Rep

Unfortunately she left UK waters yesterday afternoon. She is now in the atlantic. She still isnt reporting her position because the sailwx.info is showing her last position in the pacific on March 20th!

Sorry, unless someone can convince the crew to report their position we are in the dark until she arrives in Panama....

Appreciate 0
      05-01-2007, 09:28 AM   #17
speedgod
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragadellic View Post
Glad you're aboard!!!

My Style 230 rims are at the dealership already... I would recommend the painted reflectors.
http://www.bimmian.com/product.htm?v...item=REF&ref=1

And in case you weren't following the April Production Thread, I found some pretty cool photos of what it looks like inside the ship with the cars anchored down. Check out this link:
http://www.offworld.com/e46/images.html

Of course the OEM front lip looks HOT, and of course everyone needs a PROcede... http://www.vishnutuning.com/bmw_335i.htm

I'm pretty mild on mods.

Thanks Frag!
I have already recieved my painted reflectors from Longtram... they look great!
I am also thinking the OEM aero front lip as well.
I will also be ordering some KW V1's or V2's. Next month I will order a Procede and an exhaust.

SG

-Taylor Knox
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2007, 11:34 AM   #18
MyE93
Private
Rep

Carmen's been spotted!!

Not sure if I'll do this right but Carmen is showing up on Sailwx now.
Attached Images

05-01-2007, 11:48 AM   #19
tadders
Private
Rep

Sweet! Well done for being persistent MyE93......I was resigned to the fact that they wouldnt report. Like Frag said, here's something to obsess about for the next 3 weeks!

Appreciate 0
      05-01-2007, 12:15 PM   #20
MyE93
Private
Rep

Quote:
Sweet! Well done for being persistent MyE93......I was resigned to the fact that they wouldnt report. Like Frag said, here's something to obsess about for the next 3 weeks!
LOL! Just what we need, huh? Yet another thing to obsess about. From previous history, it looks like we can expect 3-4 updates per day. I have no idea what timezone it's keying off of though. Would GMT be the most standard?
      05-01-2007, 03:36 PM   #21
fragadellic
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyE93 View Post
LOL! Just what we need, huh? Yet another thing to obsess about. From previous history, it looks like we can expect 3-4 updates per day. I have no idea what timezone it's keying off of though. Would GMT be the most standard?
Yes, GMT and UTC are the same thing. GMT is +7 hours ahead of Arizona and California (at this time of year). Looks like that sailwx picture was current at 5:00am Phoenix time this morning. I think they report every 8 hours, so we ought to be getting a new location shortly.

I wanted to share with you the last time I was tracking a WW ship, it stopped reporting when it got to Puerto Rico, and I didn't report again till it was within range of the Cali coast. Hopefully this doesn't happen with Carmen...
      05-01-2007, 09:45 PM   #22
tadders
Private
Rep

We are making progress.....looks like 12 hour progress reports from the ship.....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0