E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Gun possession. yes or no?

Closed Thread

07-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #243
48Laws
Banned
Rep
Drives: '15 F80, '18 991.2 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce View Post
Ok, then I put together two posts containing more valid points with laid out reasoning while you've been in here blabbing jibberish, self proclaiming how big your dick is showing how inferior you truly are at your very core. Yeah, I'm done with you.

And your still getting owned. BOOM-HEADSHOT
Creating an opinion based on your experience is not necessarily valid points unless you you want to have a conversation with yourself looking at a mirror. That's the comical aspect of your posts. Your opinion is not challenging to say the least. It's so basic an full of adolescent reasoning it makes me laugh. Your feelings shouldn't get hurt so easily.

Last edited by 48Laws; 07-25-2012 at 07:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #244
ideliver
Major
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, E71 X6M, E46 M3

Garage List
2006 BMW E46 M3 'vert  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2011 BMW E92  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by capriguy84
Logic!!

Privilege v right

Your logic fails. Try again.

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #245
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
Well then I guess it's ok to lose 10-20 people every few months so you all can own guns and go bang bang and feel like men I guess.
It's a crying shame, and whether you accept it or not, this kind of shit doesn't happen as often in the rest of the "civilized" world
Fire away
      07-25-2012, 09:12 PM   #246
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
Well then I guess it's ok to lose 10-20 people every few months so you all can own guns and go bang bang and feel like men I guess.
It's a crying shame, and whether you accept it or not, this kind of shit doesn't happen as often in the rest of the "civilized" world
Fire away
True, you never hear about this stuff coming from Switzerland.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #247
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capriguy84 View Post
Logic!!

In the USA, on average about 90 people die each day in motor vehicle accidents. Everyone go turn in your car keys.

Quote:
"select people" such as this mad man?
so obviously the gun control laws are messed up if some idiotn psycho case like this guy can buy 6000 bullets and that doesn't raise any flags
to me that really is ignorance
I bought 2000 rounds of ammo last month and have more than 6000 rounds in my home right now. Haven't killed anyone so far....

Quote:
Fire away
You're free to move out of this barbarian country. Go try some place like, say..... South Africa, Columbia, El Salvador, Jamaica, Honduras, Guatemala, Swaziland, Brazil, Estonia, Panama or Mexico. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
      07-25-2012, 09:54 PM   #248
fokus45
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: little blue dune buggy

Quote:
Fire away
I wish I could live in that little fantasy world where guns are banned and they all magically disappear. It is very interesting to me how many people think gun crimes would stop in this country if they were banned. There are far too many guns in circulation in this country to ban them without huge negative consequence. Illegal gun crimes would still happen. Not to mention what kind of a hit the economy would take and a huge rise in unemployment. Enforcing the laws that are already in place would be great but that would cause too many discrimination crys. It is what it is, and yes, I will keep my guns and go bang bang bang all the live long day thank you.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #249
BMWinNorthdakota
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i e90

This is quite frustrating and entertaining at the same time. To those individuals that STILL maintain that gun control/eliminating gun possession is the answer:

What of the facts that have been blatantly put in front of you by Collins and numerous other members here that suggest quite the opposite? WHY DO YOU STILL MAINTAIN THAT GUN RESTRICTIONS ARE THE ANSWER?!?!?! Is it that you are just that ignorant? Or perhaps you have never held a gun in your life and they scare you because you relate them to what you have been conditioned to (murderous sprees depicted in movies) and therefore the monstrous murderous pieces of equipment should be ban from civilians of countries and reserved for the use of Governments.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 10:19 PM   #250
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
In the USA, on average about 90 people die each day in motor vehicle accidents. Everyone go turn in your car keys.
There are inherent risks we accept with things like automobiles...even firearms however, cars were built with transportation in mind. Guns were built with intentions of causing bodily harm, even death. What a stupid comparison.

Quote:
I bought 2000 rounds of ammo last month and have more than 6000 rounds in my home right now. Haven't killed anyone so far....
Statistics show gun owners more often kill themselves than others and/or are more likely to be victims of their own firearm. So the odds are against any of those Walmart rounds hitting anything other than beer cans.

Quote:
You're free to move out of this barbarian country. Go try some place like, say..... South Africa, Columbia, El Salvador, Jamaica, Honduras, Guatemala, Swaziland, Brazil, Estonia, Panama or Mexico. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Ironically, all of those nationalities are represented in the US and even those who migrate here from those countries lose the paranoia since they too know the US is one of the safest nations in the world. You'd have a better case for guns if we were all say....Honduran.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #251
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Over 2800 people had their backgrounds checked in Colorado for the purpose of purchasing firearms in a 3 day period; from this past Friday through Sunday. Almost a 50% increase over the weekend before and up by about 40% from the same weekend last year.

Seems that most states gun sales and concealed carry classes were up substantially this past weekend.
      07-25-2012, 10:55 PM   #252
samchoi604
Colonel
Rep
Drives: black on black

As a Canadian, I don't give a rats ass what you guys do with your gun laws, but the fact is that almost all guns used in gun-related violence here in Canada were smuggled from the US.

I hope the tragedy in Colorado serves as a reminder that your gun regulation system is far from perfect, contains loop holes, and in the end, any psychotic idiot determined enough is able to acquire a gun and commit massacres.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 10:58 PM   #253
48Laws
Banned
Rep

We see an increase occur with bottled water and can goods sales when media sources talk about power outages and storms impending. Lol
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 11:21 PM   #254
Sauce
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Montego 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
Creating an opinion based on your experience is not necessarily valid points unless you you want to have a conversation with yourself looking at a mirror. That's the comical aspect of your posts. Your opinion is not challenging to say the least. It's so basic an full of adolescent reasoning it makes me laugh. Your feelings shouldn't get hurt so easily.
What in the actual F are you talking about?!?!?!?!? If not experience what would you base opinions on? I wasn't going to respond, but that is so stupid I need to hear your reasoning.
KW V3's, Sparco Pro2000's, Vorshlag CP's, JB4, Heat Wrapped Raceland DP's, aFe stg. 2 Sealed Intake, Miro 111's, Hankook RS3's 225/245 (for now), Seibon M3 CF Hood, Turner Motorsports Alum. Radiator, Big Tom IC, BMW Performance bumper.

Last edited by Sauce; 07-25-2012 at 11:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 11:30 PM   #255
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Where is the validity in your points!?!?!?!?!? Youre not saying crap that has any redeemable points. Nothing. Like now.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 11:54 PM   #256
Sauce
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Montego 135

Quote:
Where is the validity in your points!?!?!?!?!? Youre not saying crap that has any redeemable points. Nothing. Like now.
You're being extremely hypocritical, point out in my posts what is not valid and then we can actually have a discussion about it?
KW V3's, Sparco Pro2000's, Vorshlag CP's, JB4, Heat Wrapped Raceland DP's, aFe stg. 2 Sealed Intake, Miro 111's, Hankook RS3's 225/245 (for now), Seibon M3 CF Hood, Turner Motorsports Alum. Radiator, Big Tom IC, BMW Performance bumper.

Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 12:01 AM   #257
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

People have figured out ways to kill each other long before guns existed.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 03:21 AM   #258
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Quote:
There are inherent risks we accept with things like automobiles...even firearms however, cars were built with transportation in mind. Guns were built with intentions of causing bodily harm, even death. What a stupid comparison.
It's not a stupid comparison. You are just failing to see the relevance. Let me clarify for you. Motor vehicles, which are designed for transportation as you so emphatically pointed out, still manage to kill more people in america per day than firearms which are designed to kill things. So which is more safe? The deadly weapon that kills less people daily or the mode of transportation which has a much higher mortality rate?

Are you aware that statistically, gunshots or only about 16% fatal excepting head-shots which are clearly more likely to kill? Colorado is slightly higher than that average at 17%, but it's still very low considering the myriad of other ways people die every day. The only real issue here is the INTENT. The people in cars generally don't intend to kill each other, whereas a criminal with a firearm intended to do harm. THAT alone is why people fear firearms. The thought of interpersonal violence petrifies most people. It's much easier on the human psyche to cope with an accidental death, despite the fact that they are far more common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 03:22 AM   #259
.b0link
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 LMB 135i

Quote:
...Which falls under the umbrella of gun control. Stop being so darn difficult. You don't have to force yourself to reply.

Which is why I asked you very simple questions, which obviously you cannot answer because your entire position would lose even more momentum. Before Holmes was a criminal, he was a legal gun owner IIRC. So if a legal gun owner turned murderer can do what he did, how was HE, he being a legal gun owner, punished by criminals before him? Obviously Holmes wasn't the first person to open fire on innocent people and his access to guns wasn't interrupted, so...
So, in your idealistic opinion...what laws (aside from the magical thought of banning and making all guns vanish from the world overnight) would have absolutely prevented Holmes, a previously law abiding citizen from killing 12 people?

You keep going in circles, yet have no ideas for improving. The fact that he was law abiding or not has no bearing in this debate. Everyone is a law abiding citizen until the break the law. Unless you can look in a crystal ball and predict the future and make arrests based on thoughts alone, anyone, whether there are guns laws or not, can snap and kill people. Breaking every law they want to in the process.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 08:21 AM   #260
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Statistics show gun owners more often kill themselves than others and/or are more likely to be victims of their own firearm. So the odds are against any of those Walmart rounds hitting anything other than beer cans.
Proof please... Post your source.
      07-26-2012, 09:06 AM   #261
f30nynj
Chilling
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F25 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
Privilege v right

Your logic fails. Try again.

You still don't get it!! The whole point it to regulate the right to carry a gun, so it doesn't cause more harm.

The whole reason cars kill more people than guns is because it's become the defacto mode of transport. The getaway is don't let the guns outnumber the cars.
2013 F30 -> SOLD
2007 E90 -> SOLD
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 09:11 AM   #262
f30nynj
Chilling
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F25 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post

You come under the responsible category. Just because you drive safe, doesn't mean you can't get killed by someone who has gun and 4000 rounds of ammo.

What is your justification of having so much ammo??? do you practice a hobby sport in firing range or similar? Imagine, if this falls in wrong hands.

GUN for PERSONAL SAFETY is fine. Just regulate who has access to it and make sure they would use it responsibly.

2013 F30 -> SOLD
2007 E90 -> SOLD
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #263
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Switzerland has no formal law enforcement and arms each of its citizens, and their crime rate is virtually zero. Australia has one of the harshest gun laws, and they're at the top of crime rates.

Unless bump firing, a semi-auto assault rifle has very little edge on a handgun when firing other than accuracy/distance. People just look at an assault rifle and assume they're like the movies; only select people can obtain one like that. Quit spewing ignorance and do research.

edit: and extended mags, which I believe should be regulated
So then you are arguing for more control?
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #264
smyles
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by samchoi604 View Post
As a Canadian, I don't give a rats ass what you guys do with your gun laws, but the fact is that almost all guns used in gun-related violence here in Canada were smuggled from the US.

I hope the tragedy in Colorado serves as a reminder that your gun regulation system is far from perfect, contains loop holes, and in the end, any psychotic idiot determined enough is able to acquire a gun and commit massacres.
And out of all knifes used in knife-related violence in Canada, how many were smuggled from the US? What about baseball bats? Hockey sticks? And so on...
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread