E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > CCC to CIC.C1A retrofit 3d/traffic not showing

03-26-2019, 04:12 PM   #1
dylim
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xi

CCC to CIC.C1A retrofit 3d/traffic not showing

Hi All,

[edit: solved]

I just went from CCC (retrofitted as well) to CIC.C1A (off a 2014), script activated. I installed the 2019-1 premium NA maps via USB, and the navigation functions are working, except I don't see 3D, traffic info, and satellite images on the map.

I have the menu items, and they are not grayed out (and I know the traffic info can't be used with 3d it seems).

3D:
But checking the 3d box does nothing, zooming in and out of the map (I know 3d only activates when zoomed in, and not all areas have them). It's hard to believe that in the SF bay area, none of that is available, so it must be something wrong with my setup. The left menu items of the navigation, where you can change the views, the 2nd to last icon to change the map views, I only get perspective view, direction of travel, north.

Traffic info:
I also can't see the traffic info colors in the map when navigation is active, only the white lines. In retrofitting CCC I already have $6UH, and the traffic coloring was working then. When I go to the traffic info, I see that it lists the traffic conditions close to me. I have all the options ticked (traffic conditions, road closures, etc).

Satellite images:
I have this option available in the settings too, but zooming out I don't see any real image.

Any one knows why? Next up is retrofitting the combox and getting rid of the TCU and MULF.

Thanks,
D

Last edited by dylim; 03-31-2019 at 10:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 12:01 PM   #2
Skifahrer
Freerider
Germany
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, F98 X4M, I01 94Ah

Have you solved it or not?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 12:25 AM   #3
dylim
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skifahrer View Post
Have you solved it or not?
Yes, fixed Thanks!! But I also retrofitted the combox, seems like C1A is the wrong CIC version to use to get Apps. I have the FSC code for 9C already, and the connected drive option shows up, but I'm not able to do anything with it.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 11:04 AM   #4
Skifahrer
Freerider
Germany
Rep

No, you can also use apps with 1CA. Just upload the FSC with FS Tools. Which script activation did you use? intel's123 patcher? Have you coded your CIC with ZK 0610 or newer incl. ECALL and MEDIA?
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2019, 11:44 AM   #5
dylim
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
No, you can also use apps with 1CA. Just upload the FSC with FS Tools. Which script activation did you use? intel's123 patcher? Have you coded your CIC with ZK 0610 or newer incl. ECALL and MEDIA?
I have uploaded the FSC, with intel123's patcher indeed. I am not sure what "ZK 0610 or newer incl. ECALL and MEDIA?" mean, can you please elaborate? Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 09:41 AM   #6
Skifahrer
Freerider
Germany
Rep

ZK is Zeitkriterium (German) and means time criteria in English. The VO (vechicle order) or FA (German, Fahrzeugauftrag) includes all options (SA's Sonderausstattungen, German) for your vehicle. All ECUs in the vehicle are coded by the VO. So that every single ECU knows how to work. The VO has an ZK (time criteria) and depending on the time criteria the car and the coding software knows which type of ECU is built into the car. You had and old CCC and retrofitted CIC.

Your car should have an ZK from e.g. 0907 that means the first parameter in the VO is #0907 and tells the car that SA $609 (Navi Prof) is an CCC. When you change the ZK from #0907 to e.g. #0610 or higher then the car knows the SA $609 is CIC instead of CCC. Due to the fact, that Combox was launched from June 2010 for right coding of the combox you need to change time criteria to #0610 or higher (I would recommend #0911), add $6VC (Combox), $6NR (BMW Apps), $6FL (USB) and any other SA you want to have, to your VO and code ECALL, MEDIA and CIC.

Be caution and do not wirte the coding VO to the vehicle! Use it only for coding these three ECUs.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 08:13 PM   #7
dylim
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
ZK is Zeitkriterium (German) and means time criteria in English. The VO (vechicle order) or FA (German, Fahrzeugauftrag) includes all options (SA's Sonderausstattungen, German) for your vehicle. All ECUs in the vehicle are coded by the VO. So that every single ECU knows how to work. The VO has an ZK (time criteria) and depending on the time criteria the car and the coding software knows which type of ECU is built into the car. You had and old CCC and retrofitted CIC.

Your car should have an ZK from e.g. 0907 that means the first parameter in the VO is #0907 and tells the car that SA $609 (Navi Prof) is an CCC. When you change the ZK from #0907 to e.g. #0610 or higher then the car knows the SA $609 is CIC instead of CCC. Due to the fact, that Combox was launched from June 2010 for right coding of the combox you need to change time criteria to #0610 or higher (I would recommend #0911), add $6VC (Combox), $6NR (BMW Apps), $6FL (USB) and any other SA you want to have, to your VO and code ECALL, MEDIA and CIC.

Be caution and do not wirte the coding VO to the vehicle! Use it only for coding these three ECUs.
Ah ok! I have already written a later ZK time than my original one into the VO via FA_WRITEing to CAS and NFRM, so that's actually wrong? Instead I should leave the ZK in the VO alone and just SG_CODIEREN the three modules (with empty/no MAN file) with the new VO string?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 07:19 AM   #8
Skifahrer
Freerider
Germany
Rep

Do it this way: Read out ecus. Now edit the VO. Change ZK to #0911 and code CIC, ECALL and MEDIA with empty *.MAN via SG_CODIEREN

Afterwards check manually if all FSCs are activated. Do you have installed USB Port correctly?
Appreciate 0