Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Drag radials on 18x9.5s

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-06-2019, 10:46 PM   #1
E9xjake
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90 lci 335xi 6mt

Drag radials on 18x9.5s

Hey guys, I am on the market for a set of drag radials. Problem is, options are limited for an 18x9.5 to say the least. Yes there is always the option of buying a different set of wheels for the rear, but I really want to stick with what I have at the moment. All the options just seen to be too tall, except for a few.

I'd love to get the mickey thompson et streets in 275/45r17 but that is a 28 inch tire. Does anybody know if that will even fit?

Next option could be a nitto nt555r, in a 285/35r18, which would be a nice height of about 26 inches, no problem there. But how does a 285 look on a 9.5 inch wide wheel? I dont necessarily want a tire that bulges too much.

Last option I have found is by m&h, and it's a 245/40r18. This seems like it would obviously be the easiest fit. However will a 245, even if its a drag radial hook with 600+whp? I could use boost by gear and maybe get it down to 450-500whp in first gear if I had to. But also, a 245 will have a slight stretch on a 9.5 wide wheel, and I'm all for stretching tires but is this going to work properly with drag radials?

I should also mention the car will soon be on air suspension. I am extremely caught up between wanting to drag race and wanting a stance car. If anybody has any suggestions please let me know. I would possibly be willing to buy a set of 17s for the rear for cheap if anybody has any, but I have a bunch of plans for this car this season and buying a brand new set is just out of the budget at this point.
Appreciate 0