E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Rough idle, got codes

10-16-2018, 09:13 PM   #1
Chris1337
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 335i

Rough idle, got codes

Checked inpa and from the DME I am getting 29d0, 290a and 2dd0.
No idea what it could be was thinking MAF but would think the car is horrible at all rpm not just idle with bad MAF sensor.

Let me know if you got any ideas
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 11:30 PM   #2
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1337 View Post
Checked inpa and from the DME I am getting 29d0, 290a and 2dd0.
INPA will give you Fault Code Definitions, Details, and Freeze Frame Data, including whether the code is currently present, or if it will set a warning light (may be in German, but we/Google can translate ;-).

Connect to the DME and select F4 | F1 | F3 for Freeze Frame. You will get detailed information on each code. PrintScreen for each such screen and save as jpg file using Paint or other photo editor. Attach all screens to your next post, and someone can help in suggesting next diagnostic step. Also make sure to provide your current mileage (km) so we can determine how old the code is. Also, you don't say how many miles ago the issue began?

29D0 is cylinder 4 misfire, but I would need INPA readout to define the other two. Hard to see how MAF would cause misfire on only one cylinder.

George
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 09:06 AM   #3
Chris1337
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post
INPA will give you Fault Code Definitions, Details, and Freeze Frame Data, including whether the code is currently present, or if it will set a warning light (may be in German, but we/Google can translate ;-).

Connect to the DME and select F4 | F1 | F3 for Freeze Frame. You will get detailed information on each code. PrintScreen for each such screen and save as jpg file using Paint or other photo editor. Attach all screens to your next post, and someone can help in suggesting next diagnostic step. Also make sure to provide your current mileage (km) so we can determine how old the code is. Also, you don't say how many miles ago the issue began?

29D0 is cylinder 4 misfire, but I would need INPA readout to define the other two. Hard to see how MAF would cause misfire on only one cylinder.

George
MHD gave me this:
29D0: intake air temperature sensor, electrical: short circuit to B+
290A: intake air temperature sensor: multiple fault
2DD0: Valvetronic system: control deviation warning threshold exceeded
Don’t think the 29D0 is misfire cyl 4, I have read a lot of posts that say that’s what it is but MHD gives me a different readout
Appreciate 0