E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Construct Auto-Terrible fitment + customer service

11-04-2009, 12:39 AM   #45
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mJ335 View Post
"Guaranteed perfect fitment"? That's a strong word.. so if the product is not perfect fitment, then the vendor should guarantee satisfaction to the consumer with their money back or some other way of fully satisfying the buyer.

600bumper+(300paint+500install/modification/labor)?!?! Wow that's BS.. seems like your bodyshop is ripping you off too.
it would have been cheaper if you flew me out there for an install.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 01:09 AM   #46
Dirnegrey
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran View Post
lol yea, maybe you should. install mine..
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 07:44 AM   #47
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

I was not aware of the issues. I was only told that the holes were not predrilled, he said other than that, fitment is perfect and bolts up just like OEM..and the bumper was still $600!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark335i View Post
How is that relevant, YOU set the price and if it's SO cheap, increase the price. Don't say that he got such a good deal to and try to make him look bad. It seems like you messed up but i'll let this thread continue before i pass judgment.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 07:46 AM   #48
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I got two other quotes for $900..Its not like just sticking an oem bumper on..If it was I wouldnt have made this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mJ335 View Post
"Guaranteed perfect fitment"? That's a strong word.. so if the product is not perfect fitment, then the vendor should guarantee satisfaction to the consumer with their money back or some other way of fully satisfying the buyer.

600bumper+(300paint+500install/modification/labor)?!?! Wow that's BS.. seems like your bodyshop is ripping you off too.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 07:54 AM   #49
Scimitar335i
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Truth! Where there is a will Vietnamese people will find a way!!!
      11-04-2009, 08:10 AM   #50
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP

Quote:
You wanna offer installs if we fly you over here to the east coast? Be careful what you wish for... we may never let you fly back!
      11-04-2009, 09:02 AM   #51
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

ouch...been keeping up with your thread... it seems like both sides have very good arguments... i know how you feel to have put a lot of cash into something that doesnt fit properly. i personally have gone through a similar issue while trying to modify an exhaust to fit my car but in the end all the money i spent on labor went down the drain cos i got ride of that exhaust and ended up going with another one that fit properly.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 09:17 AM   #52
jaza45
Banned
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 2008 LSB E90 335I

I think construct should issue a full refund for selling a piece of crap product, just because you gave him a $100 refund on a piece of crap doesn't mean that he got it for a discounted price...I would report them to BBB if I was you....
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 10:09 AM   #53
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Thank you..$100 means nothing after all the money I spent..I dont even want my money back, I want a bumper that fits..i will also report them to the BBB..but I am guessing they wont do much because construct is most likely not a legitimate, incorporated business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
I think construct should issue a full refund for selling a piece of crap product, just because you gave him a $100 refund on a piece of crap doesn't mean that he got it for a discounted price...I would report them to BBB if I was you....
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 11:56 AM   #54
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy734 View Post
You wanna offer installs if we fly you over here to the east coast? Be careful what you wish for... we may never let you fly back!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 04:58 PM   #55
CONSTRUCTauto.com
Major
Rep
Drives: e90 335i - Retired, e36 M3

Again, the product he bought is not the product that we advertise for sale on the forums and the web site. Why would I advertise "perfect fitment or fitment guarrantee" if that was not the case.

When Josh asked me about the fitment of the bumper I have described to him all the problems that this bumper has. He knew about the grilles, fender lining holes etc. When he ran into a problem of bottom shield not reaching the bumper, I refunded $100 to him to have his body-shop fix that problem (more then enough for that type of fix). At that point we both agreed that issue is closed.

If a customer is not happy, I will go out of my way to help. In this case not only Josh was aware of the problems with the bumper but he also threatened to ruin my reputation on the forums (which he is trying to do), told me that he will do a chargeback, called me names and made no attempt to work out this issue in a civilized manner. I have no choice but to simply tell him to follow the return policy instructions that are outlined on our web site.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 10:32 PM   #56
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Now the story changes..so after I spent all this money on paint and trying to get this piece of junk to fit, you'll accept a return? Because for the last week that was not an option..nice to see you waited until after the bumper was painted..you're a classy guy. Im still at a complete loss as to why I did not receive one of the so called "perfect fitment bumpers" Thats ok though, Im sure you lost many sales from this thread, and I will continue to make sure that it stays at top until everyone on this forum sees it. You're a liar and a scammer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONSTRUCTauto.com View Post
Again, the product he bought is not the product that we advertise for sale on the forums and the web site. Why would I advertise "perfect fitment or fitment guarrantee" if that was not the case.

When Josh asked me about the fitment of the bumper I have described to him all the problems that this bumper has. He knew about the grilles, fender lining holes etc. When he ran into a problem of bottom shield not reaching the bumper, I refunded $100 to him to have his body-shop fix that problem (more then enough for that type of fix). At that point we both agreed that issue is closed.

If a customer is not happy, I will go out of my way to help. In this case not only Josh was aware of the problems with the bumper but he also threatened to ruin my reputation on the forums (which he is trying to do), told me that he will do a chargeback, called me names and made no attempt to work out this issue in a civilized manner. I have no choice but to simply tell him to follow the return policy instructions that are outlined on our web site.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 12:41 AM   #57
KkSc
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 13'FR-S/15' F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlucci1 View Post
Now the story changes..so after I spent all this money on paint and trying to get this piece of junk to fit, you'll accept a return? Because for the last week that was not an option..nice to see you waited until after the bumper was painted..you're a classy guy. Im still at a complete loss as to why I did not receive one of the so called "perfect fitment bumpers" Thats ok though, Im sure you lost many sales from this thread, and I will continue to make sure that it stays at top until everyone on this forum sees it. You're a liar and a scammer.
well...OP, did Construct give you this special price because this is not the one they advertised??or did he say the bumper you bought is exactly what it is from his thread??did he tell you the problem of the grille and fender line holes, and that's why he gave you a better price??if not, then they are screwed and they are liar, but if they told you the bumper has those problems before you bought it, and that is the reason he gave you this "special price", then it shouldn't be their problem then, again, i m not helping any of you guys, i m just curious who has the truth...no offense..

2015 F80 Alpine White M3
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 01:23 AM   #58
Shazmonkee
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KkSc View Post
well...OP, did Construct give you this special price because this is not the one they advertised??or did he say the bumper you bought is exactly what it is from his thread??did he tell you the problem of the grille and fender line holes, and that's why he gave you a better price??if not, then they are screwed and they are liar, but if they told you the bumper has those problems before you bought it, and that is the reason he gave you this "special price", then it shouldn't be their problem then, again, i m not helping any of you guys, i m just curious who has the truth...no offense..
I think the bigger issue here is not the grill or fender line holes, but the big ass gap underneath it.

Honestly, if I were a business, I would have never sold a defected bumper in the first place. I remember Felix way back when during my employment at **********s. He wanted to sell to MBargains too with products that typically none of the vendors here had, but of course...many of us know the issue with Felix. I believe Felix also wanted MBargains to buy in bulks instead of shipping from their warehouse like a lot of wholesalers are doing for the vendors here.

I feel bad for both parties here: jlucci for being sold a piece of shit bumper like this, and constructauto for doing business with what we once knew as "Europassion".
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 07:54 AM   #59
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Ive said this probably 5 times in this thread..He told me that holes needed to be drilled..I was told it was the same bumper in his threads..I just thought all his bumpers needed the holes drilled..many aftermarket bumpers, Kerscher, etc, do not come pre-drilled. Nothing was said that would make me think this product was any different than the product he advertises..my guess is they are all like this and he is just BS'ing. I have had several people pm me with similar problems..and havent seen one person yet that says their amuse bumper fit correctly..Everyone I have talked to also paid the same price, so despite what Peter says I DID NOT get any special pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkSc View Post
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 09:43 PM   #60
klipseracer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i, 05 E46 330i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Ive said this probably 5 times in this thread..He told me that holes needed to be drilled..I was told it was the same bumper in his threads..I just thought all his bumpers needed the holes drilled..many aftermarket bumpers, Kerscher, etc, do not come pre-drilled. Nothing was said that would make me think this product was any different than the product he advertises..my guess is they are all like this and he is just BS'ing. I have had several people pm me with similar problems..and havent seen one person yet that says their amuse bumper fit correctly..Everyone I have talked to also paid the same price, so despite what Peter says I DID NOT get any special pricing.
Report to the BBB? The better business bureau? Funny thing is people think this is a government organization because of the use of bureau. They aren't. You pay them money to have complaints removed, and to become a 'member'. The bbb is the biggest scam out there LOL!. Go ahead, support them.

@jcarlucci1: You should just go to constructauto's place of business and burn it down. It would be a lot easier than wasting your time here. You've made your point. You agreed to buy a POS bumper from a vender, then agreed to get raped by your body shop, then spend your nights sleepless posting on a website.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 05:49 AM   #61
mig28
Major
Rep
Drives: She's black, wild, 'n hawt!!

let the OP and the customer deal and solve the problems .
im not on anybody side but again let thems solve the issues guys....

for those who put their critics so mean and badly without knowing or buying some goods from the construct auto....please dont do that....
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 10:40 AM   #62
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

My point will be made when no one on this forum buys their junk..

Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer View Post
Report to the BBB? The better business bureau? Funny thing is people think this is a government organization because of the use of bureau. They aren't. You pay them money to have complaints removed, and to become a 'member'. The bbb is the biggest scam out there LOL!. Go ahead, support them.

@jcarlucci1: You should just go to constructauto's place of business and burn it down. It would be a lot easier than wasting your time here. You've made your point. You agreed to buy a POS bumper from a vender, then agreed to get raped by your body shop, then spend your nights sleepless posting on a website.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 04:31 PM   #63
CONSTRUCTauto.com
Major
Rep
Drives: e90 335i - Retired, e36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazmonkee View Post
I think the bigger issue here is not the grill or fender line holes, but the big ass gap underneath it.
Yes, I agree with you here. It is the biggest issue here. This is the reason I have refunded him $100 from already discounted price to fix it. He agreed that this will close the issue and took the money. I believe that this should not even be brought up per our agreement.

Peter @ CONSTRUCTauto [sales@constructauto.com]
Fri 10/30/2009 9:14 PM
Quote:
I offer to refund you $100 to close this issue completely. It’s enough for a body shop to make a custom piece.

Let me know if you will take this offer and if you do, then I will ask for no negative comments about my business on the forums. If not, then you are on your own. I have provided a very good customer service to you and I can easily back it up with all of our communications.

Josh Carlucci [jcarlucci1@gmail.com]
Fri 10/30/2009 9:53 PM
Quote:
Thats fine, my paypal is jcarlucci1@gmail.com. I wont leave any negative comments, but you really need to get this issue fixed with your bumpers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
He got a discounted price in the first place and then on top of that he got $100 to fix the bottom piece.

Quote:

Here you go again digging your hole even deeper. You were offered the refund whenever you asked for it. Care to review your e-mail box again?

Keep in mind, this was my answer after communicating with Josh for a while and after he has been rude to me on several occasions.

Josh Carlucci <jcarlucci1@gmail.com>
Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 8:32 PM
Quote:
I want a complete refund on this bumper..it is JUNK and it does not fit right. Please arrange shipping pickup

CONSTRUCTauto <constructauto@gmail.com>
Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 12:23 AM
Quote:
You do realize you have to pay for the shipping? I have clearly described to you all the problems with that bumper, because if those problems you paid less for it in the first place. I also refunfeded you a $100 to cover the issue with the bottom piece and we agreed that the issue is closed. At this point my patience and customer support is done. Please read the return policy instructions on the web site.

Thanks,

Peter
I also encourage anybody to look at the dates and time this was posted because it only further proves that I have provided the customer service in very timely manner regardless of the operating hours etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 05:58 PM   #64
jpsum
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 TSX

CONSTRUCTauto.com, why sell a sub-par product at all? Even if it is at a discount rate, do you really want that image for your company? When your company received this sub-par bumper, you should've sent it back to your distributor or manufacturer. It would have been so much easier than to battle it out with the OP here.

Also, any vendor making a "perfect fitment" guarantee here is full of it. Unless you are selling genuine OEM, or high-end aftermarket brands like Veilside.. it will never be perfect fitment. Just take that out of your ads and do some honest business here.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2009, 10:59 AM   #65
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

You really are delusional. What good is a refund after I paid $800 for paint and install? Im ABSOLUTELY NOT going to pay the shipping back on a bumper that does not fit correctly..That is ON YOU to take care of. Are YOU gonna pay for me to get a new bumper painted? You KNOWINGLY sold me a defective product and you need to step up to the plate and fix it. You're imaginary $100 refund means nothing to me. I never even received the $100 credit you promised. AND I DID NOT RECEIVE A DISCOUNTED PRICE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONSTRUCTauto.com View Post
Yes, I agree with you here. It is the biggest issue here. This is the reason I have refunded him $100 from already discounted price to fix it. He agreed that this will close the issue and took the money. I believe that this should not even be brought up per our agreement.

Peter @ CONSTRUCTauto [sales@constructauto.com]
Fri 10/30/2009 9:14 PM

Josh Carlucci [jcarlucci1@gmail.com]
Fri 10/30/2009 9:53 PM

He got a discounted price in the first place and then on top of that he got $100 to fix the bottom piece.

Here you go again digging your hole even deeper. You were offered the refund whenever you asked for it. Care to review your e-mail box again?

Keep in mind, this was my answer after communicating with Josh for a while and after he has been rude to me on several occasions.

Josh Carlucci <jcarlucci1@gmail.com>
Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 8:32 PM

CONSTRUCTauto <constructauto@gmail.com>
Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 12:23 AM

I also encourage anybody to look at the dates and time this was posted because it only further proves that I have provided the customer service in very timely manner regardless of the operating hours etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2009, 01:06 PM   #66
KkSc
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 13'FR-S/15' F80 M3

wow...so you never even received the $100 that Construct was talking about..that sucks...

2015 F80 Alpine White M3
Appreciate 0