E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > $100 for Anyone who can Crack the Procede for Meth Control

05-10-2015, 04:52 AM   #1
pits200
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire

$100 for Anyone who can Crack the Procede for Meth Control

Try to use the Procede to only work while in essence being in map 0. I am running the mhd flasher and don't want to incorporate the procede any further. Except the fact that I'd still like to use it for meth control and putting it in map 4 and zeroing out afr control and boost still leaves other things on the table that the procede controls that can't be changed.

So as said, anyone who is able to figure out which ecu connections should only be used for the procede and following the ecu schematic in a proper usable fashion I will PayPal $100

Thanks

Last edited by pits200; 05-10-2015 at 05:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2015, 09:26 AM   #2
Ilma
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

I am in the same boat as you......using procede for meth control in a stacked flash setup.

Apparently if procede is connected it will always be in control of the wastegates.....even in map 0 and even of you zero out boost targets in the user adjustable menu.

It seems to use the boost targets from the flash DME so long as they are higher than the procede boost targets.....but still uses the piggy WGDC to hit the flash targets.

Since we also have no "actual" load information from the DME in procede datalogs, it's impossible to know what values you are hitting in the flash tables since a lot of them are load indexed. Requested load you enter into the flash load tables can be quite different from actual load the engine experiences.

I think I know what you are trying to achieve though.

Want to run the procede as a meth controller only with no other inteference to the MHD flash.

I don't know if you can entirely disconnect the procede from using the canbus.....because as long as it is doing so, you cannot log via the MHD flash.

I guess what we need is a standalone controller for the procede meth kit = which would be the aquamist one, and from what I understand, it requires splicing connections into the DME as per the attached diagram:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2015, 12:21 PM   #3
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Yes - would be nice option to have a map for procede that was just for meth control and other minor settings like o2 sim (dp fix). Still happy here with map 4 (meth) and back end flash, but would like to use the procede as a meth controller and try mhd flash.

Last edited by scottp999; 05-10-2015 at 02:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2015, 01:51 PM   #4
MM Performance
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Cp TiAg 6AT

Call Robert at Vishnu and see what he suggests.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2015, 03:09 PM   #5
spxxx
Boost
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

I imagine we're going to start seeing more of these threads and people looking to do this with MHD out. Hope we can figure this out, might be easier to ditch the procede and get a used jb4 as there's more progress being made by BMS than anyone else on the piggy side.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2015, 04:22 PM   #6
Ilma
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
I imagine we're going to start seeing more of these threads and people looking to do this with MHD out. Hope we can figure this out, might be easier to ditch the procede and get a used jb4 as there's more progress being made by BMS than anyone else on the piggy side.
I agree and I would have already done so, but when I asked on the other forum Terry explained that JB would not control the vishnu meth kit in the same way.

The vishnu piggyback pulses the FAValve to atomize and reduce meth flow accordingly at partial throttle/boost.

JB can only open and close this valve and pulses the pump instead.

Not sure if it will have the same results and don't want to be the first to try.

But yeah.....Terry has kept the JB very relevant and adaptable to backend flashes.

Smart marketing.
Appreciate 0