E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > 2013 335is at BMW Newport

04-06-2019, 01:43 PM   #1
NPTBMW
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive Msport

2013 335is at BMW Newport

Just went to pick up an OFHG from BMW Newport and they just got in a 2013 335is 6speed manual in LeMans Blue 55k Saddle interior if anyone is interested. i think they're asking $24K. Didn't expect to see that!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 08:39 AM   #2
b92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335is, 6MT

Interesting, good looks on the share! I suspect that won't last long with that color combo + 6MT. I love my Space Grey/Coral Red combo, but I would jump on that one if it didn't have the nav.
      04-11-2019, 04:49 PM   #3
Frank0577
Don’t know what I’m doing half the time
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335is 6MT

Garage List
2013 BMW 535i  [0.00]
E90 newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by b92 View Post
Interesting, good looks on the share! I suspect that won't last long with that color combo + 6MT. I love my Space Grey/Coral Red combo, but I would jump on that one if it didn't have the nav.
Hello 👋

I actually bought that car I’m in love with it and very lost when it comes to the e90, any recommendations on tunes downpipes intercoolers first mods ECT... also what is bad about the nav screen
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 05:09 PM   #4
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank0577 View Post
Hello 👋

I actually bought that car I’m in love with it and very lost when it comes to the e90, any recommendations on tunes downpipes intercoolers first mods ECT... also what is bad about the nav screen
Congrats on the purchase but.......... please do a thorough search before asking these questions or starting a new thread. There are TONS of posts with all the information you could ever need in them.

Nothing bad with the nav screen, some people just prefer cars without them.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 08:59 AM   #5
b92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335is, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank0577 View Post
Hello ��

Congrats! I had a 335 without nav/iDrive and then replaced it with my current 335is with iDrive, I prefer no iDrive tbh. I think it looks cleaner since the iDrive/nav kind of ages the car. I've been contemplating upgrading the software to a later BMW system, the DIY looks manageable.

Sounds like you're looking to mod, these cars really wake up with some short money. First thing is to take care of the maintenance items, there is a plethora of information on this site for each of the below:
- intake cleaning (aka walnut blasting)
- address any oil leaks, the most common culprits are the oil filter housing gasket (OFHG) valve cover gasket (VCG) and the oil pan gasket. On my 335is with 55k, I had to replace the OFHG and my VCG looks like it's starting to leak.
- spark plugs and coil packs, you'll want to upgrade these before you start tuning
- chargepipe, the stock one is plastic and is notorious for failing even at stock boost levels

Then comes the fun mods! The two most popular tunes are JB4 (a piggyback tune) and MHD (a flash tune), I recommend using MHD. You will read a lot about the JB4 on this site because that was the most popular tune for years, but I had a bunch of issues with just the JB4 on my 335is so I now use JB4 and MHD, with MHD doing most of the work.

If you go the MHD route, their stage 2+ tune requires intake, downpipes, and intercooler. Plenty of brands out there offering products at all price levels. I use a lot of VRSF parts, great products at good prices, plus they're based out of MA.

Again, there is a ton of information on these forums so I highly recommend doing your research to find a solution that's right for you. If you ever need some help feel free to reach out! Come visit us in the New England section too: https://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46