E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Reed Hickson - The question of vaccination [Closed Due To Politics]

Closed Thread

09-27-2021, 10:56 AM   #111
stevenopoly
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 350z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
I think for some reason you are confusing Fauci with some orange-haired nightmare we all went through.
Re: Congress. Easy answer: Rand Paul, Marjorie Greene, etc. These are Reps looking to win the Herman Cain Award for themselves.
So better to pay attention to the real scientists. Fauci is a renowned scientist, with a long & impressive record of accomplishment.

Keep your eye on the ball; not on the side show.

You've got to be kidding me? Fauci has been lying since day one. He lied to the country right from the get-go about how we shouldn't be wearing masks. Even though he lied because at the time there wasn't enough to go around for 1st responders. It doesn't matter why he lied. He should've told the truth. I doubt anyone in their right mind wouldn't argued. Automatically places mistrust in his words from day one.

His whole career revolves around gain of function and he was trying to get around it with semantics. This guy is trash.
Appreciate 2
      09-27-2021, 11:03 AM   #112
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitre_Absolut View Post
you must not have done well in math

Massachusetts has about a 70% double vaccination rate. Therefore 30% of the population are 2/3 of hospitalizations. You see it now?
And 70% represent 1/3--again, not an insignificant number. So, what's your point?

Mine is: This is not SIMPLY a pandemic of the unvaccinated. Which is how it is being presented to the US public by partisans-here and everywhere.

MA quietly added in that stat (no. of vaxed hospitalizations) about two weeks ago. Most states aren't reporting vaccinated hospitalizations--clearly those not insignificant numbers would freak out the status quo, but I suspect if they did, the numbers would look similar.
Appreciate 1
shimmy232350.00
      09-27-2021, 11:10 AM   #113
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Here is a link that isn't spam or full of popups. A short while ago, someone decided to create a thread where you nominate candidates for what is called the Hermain Cain Award. It's only award posthumously and named after the former ex-presidential candidate who was a staunch no vax no mask supporter. Of course he's passed on from Covid and while I don't agree with gleefully writing about individuals who have passed on, I think it might be worth awhile to take a look at some of the awardees. It's only the ones who post their opinions online in the form of social media where almost all of them sound exactly the same. A lot of the information they post to their followers are also alarmingly the same as the information posted in this thread and subsequent threads.

Some just did a data pull recently and the numbers are staggering.
1905 people have been nominated and of that, 1855 have been awarded. Meaning, 1855 out of the 1905 nominees to date have died from Covid. These awards are growing at an exponential pace is the other concerning fact.

It's worth a look, regardless of your stance. The disinformation is identical across the board. This isn't made up, this isn't some fake news - you can see their actual social media pages up until their death announcements from their loved ones. You can also validate their passing. What's really terrifying to me is probably 99% of them ask "the prayers warriors to pray for me / my loved ones" once they do contract Covid. Their verbiage is so similar.

Take with it what you will, but like I said, it's worth a look regardless of what you believe it. It may not help you but it may help someone you know who is on the fence to make a decision.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/
Herman Cain died from COVID on July 30th, 2020. He was 75 years old and a cancer survivor, so he had several comorbidities. He wasn't anti-vax; the COVID vaccinations had not yet been released. I'm sure Mr. Cain far out achieved anything you have done in your life.
He was a staunch supporter of no mask mandates and the like. Not hard to figure out where he would stand on vaccines.

This isn't about him nor did I name the award and I thought I made it abundantly clear I don't support any type of mockery. The information these people awarded MIRROR the same rhetoric a lot of others have repeated on these pages. That was my sole point.

If you don't see the same words on these peoples social media pages and how adamant they were that - "man made virus" or "my natural immunity will take care of me" or "god will protect me" are what I'm talking about. If you can't take it upon yourself to read both sides, then you aren't helping yourself let alone anyone else.

If your comment is - "I'm sure X has accomplished more than you" all that shows is ignorance. Childish ignorance at that.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 11:27 AM   #114
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340ix

Quote:
By family you mean Facebook? Because that's just blatant misinformation.

https://www.genomicseducation.hee.nh...ene-therapies/
I see this thread topic attracts you juveniles.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 11:31 AM   #115
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
Quote:
By family you mean Facebook? Because that's just blatant misinformation.

https://www.genomicseducation.hee.nh...ene-therapies/
I see this thread topic attracts you juveniles.
I'm a juvenile because someone posted misinformation?

So far we have this morning I haven't accomplished anything in life and now I'm juvenile because someone spread CLEAR and BLATANT misinformation?

Resorting to name calling because I don't agree with the disinformation really shows what exactly on your part?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 11:35 AM   #116
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
He was a staunch supporter of no mask mandates and the like. Not hard to figure out where he would stand on vaccines.

This isn't about him nor did I name the award and I thought I made it abundantly clear I don't support any type of mockery. The information these people awarded MIRROR the same rhetoric a lot of others have repeated on these pages. That was my sole point.

If you don't see the same words on these peoples social media pages and how adamant they were that - "man made virus" or "my natural immunity will take care of me" or "god will protect me" are what I'm talking about. If you can't take it upon yourself to read both sides, then you aren't helping yourself let alone anyone else.

If your comment is - "I'm sure X has accomplished more than you" all that shows is ignorance. Childish ignorance at that.
Cain was against mask mandates, which is a political position, not a medical position. You have no information that Cain was or would have been anti-vax based on your imagined belief of his position related to medical science. The man died almost 4 months prior to the emergency-use declaration of COVID vaccines in late November 2020.

And by merely bringing up the Herman Cain Award (analogous to the Darwin Award obviously) your are mocking him. Further, your analysis of other people who do not want to get vaccinated without a basis of medical fact, is not congruent with Cain's political position on mask mandates. Being a survivor of stage 4 colon cancer, one can fairly reason he was a supporter of medical science.

His professional achievements and success are clear evidence he was not a dumb ass.

Ignorance... lol.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 11:40 AM   #117
stocktree
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x5

Quote:

So far we have this morning I haven't accomplished anything in life and now I'm juvenile because someone spread CLEAR and BLATANT misinformation?

Resorting to name calling because I don't agree with the disinformation really shows what exactly on your part?
And who are you to judge what is misinformation?
But I'll counter your info. The inventor of the mrna vaccines is telling us to not take the shot.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 11:44 AM   #118
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Cain was against mask mandates, which is a political position, not a medical position. You have no information that Cain was or would have been anti-vax based on your imagined belief of his position related to medical science. The man died almost 4 months prior to the emergency-use declaration of COVID vaccines in late November 2020.

And by merely bringing up the Herman Cain Award (analogous to the Darwin Award obviously) your are mocking him. Further, your analysis of other people who do not want to get vaccinated without a basis of medical fact, is not congruent with Cain's political position on mask mandates. Being a survivor of stage 4 colon cancer, one can fairly reason he was a supporter of medical science.

His professional achievements and success are clear evidence he was not a dumb ass.

Ignorance... lol.
You…. Actually just proved my point.

It's the political aspect of those individuals in their social media postings and along with as you mentioned, Cain's political reasonings. That's the common denominator.

The virus doesn't give a rats ass if you are blue or red. That's the point.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 11:45 AM   #119
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktree View Post
Quote:

And who are you to judge what is misinformation?
But I'll counter your info. The inventor of the mrna vaccines is telling us to not take the shot.
You just posted an article from the fucking DAILY MAIL. It's a tabloid from the UK. I don't know that I need to state more than that.

It's also been proven LAST YEAR that the man running around claiming to be the father / creator of the mRNA vaccine was doing it for the sole purpose to be relevant.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Littlebear3509.50
      09-27-2021, 11:59 AM   #120
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

It's the political aspect of those individuals in their social media postings and along with as you mentioned, Cain's political reasonings. That's the common denominator.

Then why bring into the discussion a dead person who died from the disease to make the point? There are literally tens of thousands of people who succumbed to COVID and followed the protocols. The current White House Administration had an outbreak of COVID. Why not bring up Brent Yonts as a control argument. He was a Democrat, fully vaccinated, got COVID and died.

Stop yapping about ignorance. See ya.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 12:01 PM   #121
stocktree
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You just posted an article from the fucking DAILY MAIL. It's a tabloid from the UK. I don't know that I need to state more than that.

It's also been proven LAST YEAR that the man running around claiming to be the father / creator of the mRNA vaccine was doing it for the sole purpose to be relevant.
So you found a leftist site to throw the word "claims" in there. And it's automatically debunked, eh? That is why nobody trusts the news.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 12:05 PM   #122
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

So you found a leftist site to throw the word "claims" in there. And it's automatically debunked, eh? That is why nobody trusts the news.
So tabloid fodder is okay but any website that discredits your misinformation is leftist?

https://healthfeedback.org/claimrevi...heir-inventor/

This woman sure doesn't look like Robert Malone.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.iri...2%3Fmode%3Damp
Appreciate 1
Littlebear3509.50
      09-27-2021, 12:13 PM   #123
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Then why bring into the discussion a dead person who died from the disease to make the point? There are literally tens of thousands of people who succumbed to COVID and followed the protocols. The current White House Administration had an outbreak of COVID. Why not bring up Brent Yonts as a control argument. He was a Democrat, fully vaccinated, got COVID and died.

Stop yapping about ignorance. See ya.
You're fixated on driving your narrative. Third time I'm saying it - I didn't name the award. I don't agree with mocking. I can't help that's what the award was named. I've asked that you LOOK at how all their social media posts sound identical and political or religious in nature. Not to mention the same tabloid magazine articles being circulated. This isn't MIB where the tabloid magazine is secretly the real information posted by aliens.

But all you can keep drumming on is - "how dare you use a man on the right as an example" no matter how clearly I've stated otherwise. I can do shit that the award is named after him, but a realistic individual who doesn't just seek out information that comforts his own beliefs would've at least understood that portion instead of twisting the narrative to fit your needs.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 12:14 PM   #124
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

I began this thread to get peoples' personal views taking or not COVID vaccines, while keeping politics and religion out of it. I knew that would be hard for some people to do.

After over 100 posts, this thread is pretty much off the rails in terms of the no politics policy on the forum, so I'm guessing its days are numbered.

For me, I don't care the right or the left have to say, and I would never make a personal health choice based on political preference. Information and misinformation about this very important topic is being fire-hosed at us to the point that we are drowning.

While I'd rather not have to take any vaccine, the fact is COVID is real and the risks of taking the vaccine are way less than not taking it. My parents felt that way about mumps, measles, polio vaccines, etc. and I'm really glad they did.

After reading all the posts so far, I've learned a lot but nothing I've read has changed my personal position. I'm glad I got vaccinated and I'll be first in line for the booster.
Appreciate 1
Littlebear3509.50
      09-27-2021, 01:11 PM   #125
stocktree
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
I began this thread to get peoples' personal views taking or not COVID vaccines, while keeping politics and religion out of it. I knew that would be hard for some people to do.

After over 100 posts, this thread is pretty much off the rails in terms of the no politics policy on the forum, so I'm guessing its days are numbered.

For me, I don't care the right or the left have to say, and I would never make a personal health choice based on political preference. Information and misinformation about this very important topic is being fire-hosed at us to the point that we are drowning.

While I'd rather not have to take any vaccine, the fact is COVID is real and the risks of taking the vaccine are way less than not taking it. My parents felt that way about mumps, measles, polio vaccines, etc. and I'm really glad they did.

After reading all the posts so far, I've learned a lot but nothing I've read has changed my personal position. I'm glad I got vaccinated and I'll be first in line for the booster.
That's the sad part. This covid has become very political.
And what happened to "my body, my choice"?
Appreciate 1
      09-27-2021, 01:20 PM   #126
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:

It was hyper politicized by both factions from day 1.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 01:39 PM   #127
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You're fixated on driving your narrative. Third time I'm saying it - I didn't name the award. I don't agree with mocking. I can't help that's what the award was named. I've asked that you LOOK at how all their social media posts sound identical and political or religious in nature. Not to mention the same tabloid magazine articles being circulated. This isn't MIB where the tabloid magazine is secretly the real information posted by aliens.

But all you can keep drumming on is - "how dare you use a man on the right as an example" no matter how clearly I've stated otherwise. I can do shit that the award is named after him, but a realistic individual who doesn't just seek out information that comforts his own beliefs would've at least understood that portion instead of twisting the narrative to fit your needs.
Identical to Cain? Nope. That's my point. If people don't want to get vaccinated that's their right. I don't agree with mandates, in this area, and many others. Masks are said to slow the spread of COVID (per CDC) and vaccines can increase the survival rate if one catches COVID. Neither can prevent death from COVID. Herman Cain probably would have eventually succumbed to COVID based on his health signature. There is no link that proves his political positions caused his death.

So it's a stupid topic.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 01:48 PM   #128
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

- Social media, religion, and pollical groups are a bane to society. Period.

- Regarding Fauci and other's changes in COVID guidance over time, this is a new virus. Things change, things evolve, and science is ever-changing.

- This is a new and swift moving virus and we in the US are by a majority, are an unhealthy, overweight, and overworked group. We also have huge elderly population, many of which are in poor-quality care facilities. There is no stopping the fact that the virus was going to kill a lot of people very quickly, vaccinated or not. No matter what you do, you're not stopping that train.

- COVID natural immunity is a very real thing and it is a documented fact that those that have recovered from COVID pose no risk to others and that vaccinating someone that has recovered from COVID is basically a waste of vaccine resources and is unneeded risk to the person. Those that have had COVID have a far greater immune response than someone that's only been vaccinated. Anti-bodies in those that have recovered from COVID wane just like those that have been vaccinated BUT there's way more to immunity than just measuring antibodies. Look at T-cells. We're talking years of immunity and/or reinfections that a nothing burger because the body understands how to respond and manage. As they say, "follow the science".

- Breakthrough infections are happening at a far greater rate in the US than most want to believe or know about. Look at the breakthrough and hospitalization data for Israel to get a glimpse of what we've been facing since June. The CDC has no real handle on this because they aren't tracking the data, likely because they don't want the data as it would be used against them in so many ways. When all the dust settles, the frequency in breakthrough infection will be alarming.

- Where will they draw the line with boosters? How are they going to track this? How will this play into vaccine mandates? You can't boost your way out of this. The virus will keep getting craftier and craftier until it gets to everyone.

- The vaccine mandates are a waste of time and money. The Delta variant is burning itself out in the US. Cases, hospitalization, and deaths overall are all declining and fairly rapidly.

- COVID is a disease of those that haven't had COVID.

Last edited by XutvJet; 09-27-2021 at 02:02 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-27-2021, 02:14 PM   #129
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

A guy I work with who is fully vaccinated was admitted to the ICU this weekend. Bilateral pneumonia but not needing a vent at this time. Morbidly obese by medical standards.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 02:27 PM   #130
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

I dont know about all this malarkey but the covidatemyface on reddit is some interesting reading. Between the complaining about jobs making them get it to the calls for prayer warriors as hardcore anti-vaxxers die its definitely some turnabout, although what is amazing is the number of family/friends that stay in the death cult even after watching someone die miserably.
Appreciate 1
Littlebear3509.50
      09-27-2021, 03:05 PM   #131
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oclockshadow View Post
Quote:

It was hyper politicized by both factions from day 1.
No
Appreciate 1
Littlebear3509.50
      09-27-2021, 03:14 PM   #132
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
No