E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Phone cradle to usb?

07-20-2019, 06:47 PM   #1
Gavinboyle93
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 Touring

Phone cradle to usb?

Hi, recently purchased a January 2011 E91 LCI wagon. It has CIC (I think) I drive. It has one CD drive, a usb slot in the glove box and an aux port in the centre console.

Playing music from my phone is very important to me, what are my options for this? Preferably with the use of steering wheel controls as I refuse to lift my phone while driving.

Ideally I'd love it if I could create a usb slot somewhere? I'm unconfident doing any coding as it looks daunting..

Is it an easy operation converting the phone cradle to a usb? Or would it be possible to change the aux to usb?

In my previous car (E46) I had an A2DP Bluetooth streamer (picture attached) that plugged into the cd changer socket in the rear of the stereo, it was perfect. When I check the vin decoder for my vin number it says that my phone is prepared for CD changer (picture attached). Would this be an option? And would it need coded?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 03:16 AM   #2
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

in e9x cars the cd changer preparation mean that MOST+power cable is laid to trunk left area
so you can install MOST cd-changer or such box
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1499808