E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing > Post your Monster Gaming Rig

07-11-2018, 03:29 PM   #177
cxp213
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Yup all settings to max, resolution is also caused by using a 22" CRT-display and no LCD screen. Had tried 1600x1280 but some of 3rd party aircrafts have flickerings and shoven edges sometimes. So I take the lower resolution, see it all and deal with the given specs. If you scroll back to the 2nd page here, there is a pic of my rig.
Oops, sorry I missed your original post here. That's crazy that you're still on a CRT screen in 2018! It's actually kind of cool to see one functional and still in use, though. No plans or desire to upgrade the monitor at all?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 03:21 AM   #178
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: RS 5

No, actually I have no reason to swap the display, all seen until yet havent that depth and trueful color spectrum as this big thing. As long as its running, I'll keep it

I///M the infidel, your BMW-dealer has warned you about
Bobs' not your uncle and Trump is not my president!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 12:33 PM   #179
cxp213
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
No, actually I have no reason to swap the display, all seen until yet havent that depth and trueful color spectrum as this big thing. As long as its running, I'll keep it
But what about more details/pixels, better response rate, faster refresh, blue light filter, anti-flicker tech, etc.?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 01:39 PM   #180
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3 6MT

Or What about 4k!!!!!! Time to upgrade
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 03:19 AM   #181
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: RS 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxp213 View Post
But what about more details/pixels, better response rate, faster refresh, blue light filter, anti-flicker tech, etc.?
As you may know:
- Every mesh terrain looses its flair when flying below a certain height and is just noteable as blur
- Every structure on ground become slightly unsharp at appearing because FSX supports not all shaders, roundings and so on
- The lights at the airports are everytime kinda fading, no matter how deep or sharp the adjustments of pixels are
- Depends on your taste of routings, if you are more IFR related, you would see the ground textures only at departing/arriving, if you more VFR then you have the opportunity to add some 3rd party ware to increase the dense of the ground details, but from a certain height the blur effect will occur.

I was at the early beta and later gold phase of the actual dead Combat Simulator (not CSF from MS) and one of the basics of the game was to navigate below or around 2500ft VFR with props into school and later jets at career modus and believe me, that was a hard piece of patience to identify the reference points or targets at the shooting range.
Even the increasing of the pixel factor hadnt change that, at a point the FSX runs outta details and thats it.
Im pleased with the performance and depth of the details but anybody should feel free to test and experiment with other settings and hardware.

I///M the infidel, your BMW-dealer has warned you about
Bobs' not your uncle and Trump is not my president!
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:47 PM   #182
Vulpe
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Coupe M Sport

Garage List
2017 BMW 440i  [0.00]
I wouldn't consider it a monster. In size maybe.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0