E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > PRE LCI Halogen Upgrade options

07-05-2018, 11:31 PM   #1
louietheking
Registered
Rep
Drives: e90 328xi

PRE LCI Halogen Upgrade options

I recently picked up a 2008 328xi PRE LCI with Halogen headlights, I been looking through the forums but most of the posts regarding this are very old and usually aimed to upgrading the PRE LCI Xenon headlights. I was wondering if you guys can provide some help finding options to replace my headlights as they make the car look really dated.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2018, 06:20 AM   #2
E7J3F3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '07 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by louietheking View Post
I recently picked up a 2008 328xi PRE LCI with Halogen headlights, I been looking through the forums but most of the posts regarding this are very old and usually aimed to upgrading the PRE LCI Xenon headlights. I was wondering if you guys can provide some help finding options to replace my headlights as they make the car look really dated.
You can swap in the LCI halogens. They have a nice look to them, with led turn signals and angel eyes. The LCI xenons are doable, but expensive. They require modifying the wiring and coding the car. There is plenty of good info online to help you.

There are also aftermarket plug and play options for halogens or xenon conversions. The quality will be lacking compared to genuine BMW. This can apparently be rectified by opening up the assembly and replacing the cheap parts (projector, reflector, etc.) with quality parts. It's quite beyond what I can do, but it'd be a cheap way to get something that looks good and performs well.
Appreciate 0