E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Having some trouble INPA/PORTS/...Need Advice. - Fixed.

12-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #1
BES335xi
Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: FBO+ N54xi

Garage List
03/07 E90 335xi  [1.00]
Unhappy Having some trouble INPA/PORTS/...Need Advice. - Fixed.

UPDATE:

Ok, so i've changed the Ports like i said i was going to below and everything worked flawlessly. I didnt have time to code anything but INPALOAD.exe loaded and Read everything error free, Also i followed the DIY Guide on to create a back up with NCSEXPER and that worked flawlessly as well. So no errors, i will try and code something later this week.

Thank's.

---------

I have a 07 335xi i beleive its build 03/07.
Cable ordered from Ebay, automotive-tool. The Cable most ppl are ordering.

I followed the DIY and went back to recheck numerous times.
but when i load INPALOAD.exe Nothing comes on, Both Battery and Ignition are blank Circles.

I have followed everything to change on port settings and such,
Now the only thing that i am confused is...

PORTS...

Communications Ports (COM1)
USB Serial Port (COM4) </= Do i change this to COM1 as well? When i try to change it to see what happends, it says com1 in use, and if you combine/change it could lead to some errors/changes.

EDIT: Changed COM1 to COM2 and USB Serial Port(COM4) to COM1...Worked Perfect!

Should've done and tried before posting on here, but oh well maybe someone will come across that needs this lil' info and there ya go lol..

Thank's.
JB4+usb | P3 Vent Boost Gauge v2 | BMS OCC | BMS DCI | AMS FMIC | AR xi CL DP's | BT Tool | Edibias/NCSExpert/INPA BMW Coding | Cyba Quad Exhaust tips | M-Tech Rear & M3 Front Bumper | Red Cyba Air Scoops | Blacklines | Vinyl Overlays | ACS Roof Spoiler | Matte Black Grilles | LED Side Mirrors | Rear Euro Fogs | etc..

Last edited by BES335xi; 12-14-2011 at 05:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 03:54 PM   #2
ZZZZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i winterbeater

does your laptop actually have a serial port as well? if so, that is what is using your COM1 and needs to be disabled.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 04:04 PM   #3
BES335xi
Colonel
Albania
Rep

Garage List
03/07 E90 335xi  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZZ View Post
does your laptop actually have a serial port as well? if so, that is what is using your COM1 and needs to be disabled.
I beleive so, i'm using an older laptop...Dell Latitude D830.
I'm going to mess around and change/disable the ports around a bit and see if i get any results i guess, no idea of what else to do. Thx
JB4+usb | P3 Vent Boost Gauge v2 | BMS OCC | BMS DCI | AMS FMIC | AR xi CL DP's | BT Tool | Edibias/NCSExpert/INPA BMW Coding | Cyba Quad Exhaust tips | M-Tech Rear & M3 Front Bumper | Red Cyba Air Scoops | Blacklines | Vinyl Overlays | ACS Roof Spoiler | Matte Black Grilles | LED Side Mirrors | Rear Euro Fogs | etc..
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #4
BES335xi
Colonel
Albania
Rep

Garage List
03/07 E90 335xi  [1.00]
UPDATE: Above at original post. Everything is working fine now.

Thank you.

/Thread.
Appreciate 0