E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Code 2BEA, Car Stalling when coming to a stop

09-15-2020, 07:42 AM   #1
andrews920
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 335i M-Sport

Code 2BEA, Car Stalling when coming to a stop

Ive seen some other posts about some people having these codes but no one seems to find a definite answer.
Possibly MAP, TMAP, or 02 sensors?
Car is 2011 335 with around 80k miles. Only mods are afe dry drop in filter and vrsf cp.

29D0: intake air temp sensor, electrical: short circuit to B+
2BC0: mixture control: fuel-air mix too lean
2BEA: mixture control: fuel-air mix too lean, large deviation
290A: intake air temp sensor: multiple fault
2C42: mixture control: multiple fault

I had to reflash my MHD stage 1 tune last night to change my burble settings and went for a hard drive afterward with no problems. Drove to work this morning and all was fine, but on the way home I stalled multiple times when coming to a stop. Revs would bounce then stall out.
Any chance it could be a problem with the flash? I have been stage 1 for months, went stage 0 last week, and finally reflashed stage 1 yesterday as stated.

*The intake sensor fault is probably from me reading codes after unplugging it and then replugging it in.
*Also, my tmap sensor housing has a crack in it, but it has been like that for like 30k miles since my oem cp blew off.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 02:13 PM   #2
Pladi
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive

Which one of these codes remain after clearing the codes.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 09:27 PM   #3
Tunafish
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i N55

Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 07:58 AM   #4
TheGoodTheBadTheUgly
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews920 View Post
Ive seen some other posts about some people having these codes but no one seems to find a definite answer.
Possibly MAP, TMAP, or 02 sensors?
Car is 2011 335 with around 80k miles. Only mods are afe dry drop in filter and vrsf cp.

29D0: intake air temp sensor, electrical: short circuit to B+
2BC0: mixture control: fuel-air mix too lean
2BEA: mixture control: fuel-air mix too lean, large deviation
290A: intake air temp sensor: multiple fault
2C42: mixture control: multiple fault

I had to reflash my MHD stage 1 tune last night to change my burble settings and went for a hard drive afterward with no problems. Drove to work this morning and all was fine, but on the way home I stalled multiple times when coming to a stop. Revs would bounce then stall out.
Any chance it could be a problem with the flash? I have been stage 1 for months, went stage 0 last week, and finally reflashed stage 1 yesterday as stated.

*The intake sensor fault is probably from me reading codes after unplugging it and then replugging it in.
*Also, my tmap sensor housing has a crack in it, but it has been like that for like 30k miles since my oem cp blew off.
So when did you disconnect and reconnect the MAF? After you started stalling or before all of the stalling? You can always try to diagnose if the MAF is working by taking a log. Put the car in neutral and rev from low to high rpm. We should see the MAF request more g/s as the RPM increase instead of being pegged at a certain value, even though if it won't be working correctly, I'd expect that pegged value to be low meaning you would run rich.
      09-17-2020, 08:52 AM   #5
andrews920
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
So when did you disconnect and reconnect the MAF? After you started stalling or before all of the stalling? You can always try to diagnose if the MAF is working by taking a log. Put the car in neutral and rev from low to high rpm. We should see the MAF request more g/s as the RPM increase instead of being pegged at a certain value, even though if it won't be working correctly, I'd expect that pegged value to be low meaning you would run rich.
I experienced the stalling before I unplugged the MAF. I only unplugged the MAF and plugged in back in to make sure the connection was good. My indy diagnosed it as the HPFP going bad, which sucks because this one was just installed in March. Although these codes and symptoms are completely different from the ones I got when my original hpfp went bad. This maf sensor is also only about a year old. Could these be problems from the TMAP sensor?

I will take a few logs once I get the new hpfp installed and post it here and in the N55 facebook group because I have no idea what I am looking at when it comes to that.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 05:13 PM   #6
andrews920
Rep

Replaced the hpfp and experienced the same stalling before I even left the shop. I guess maybe check for vacuum leaks now? Possible pre-cat 02 sensor, maf sensor, or tmap going bad?
Appreciate 0