E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Australia Classifieds Section > NBT retrofit to CCC and CIC

05-18-2016, 06:22 AM   #133
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashedUpBogan View Post
Actually, as he doesn't require the trim, it'll probably be on the money or less. No coding needs to be paid for as the eNBT emulator will all be coded to your VIN at time of purchase. I'll post a list of what's needed but I thought it was all mentioned in the thread somewhere
Thanks for clarifying Cashy
Am very excited about installing this when we kick off this ultimate GB
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 07:50 AM   #134
EB89
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i e92 DCT

Garage List
I'm out of this one guys, CBF with it to be honest. Put that cash towards a turbo.

1. CashedUpBogan
2. Socket
3. DR-JEKL
4. DAT355
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 10:31 AM   #135
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: State Transit Bus

Can anyone confirm if all centre console trims are compatible between manual. auto and DCT or are they all specific to themselves?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 12:57 PM   #136
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

So our dollar has taken a decent dive since I was quoted in April, and the retrofit kit still at 1200 euro with 5% discount for 2-5 buyers is 1140 euro - approx 1765 according to XE.

I have listed a parts list and associated prices below. I read that the CIC button panel and fascia trim are required, so I just sent an email to C u s t o m r e t r o f i t . c o for confirmation. My guess is that it will depend what features you have, PCD and heated seat button cutout for your trim and if you are coming from CCC or CIC,so you may not even need it.

$1764 Retrofit kit
This includes all the cables, screen, head unit, eNBT adaptor with free dynamic parking line upgrade, NBT touch iDrive controller and all the coding to to "offer all functions from the very begining, including rear view camera support (BR charges extra for this), headunits we sell are coded, with latest firmware, latest maps and all functions activated, internet, bmw live, apps, office, video in motion, video from usb, voice control, speed limit info, office, audio streaming, etc."

$124 iDrive Touch ECU
This is not included and is 80 Euro brand new that the seller sources from BMW directly and will ship with the kit at this cost if required. I have contacted Twenza who works at a dealership if he can get it any cheaper, though we will need to factor in postage costs, as he is on the Central Coast

$21 USB/AUX-IN jack
This goes in the armest compartment for direct USB video and music streaming from USB. Most of us will need this and here is a super cheap option from Hong Kong

$150 CIC front panel buttons
Yet to confirm 100% if this is required for everyone. This is a rounded up price I found on eBay. I found a couple of them between 140-160. I won't post links up as I'll leave everyone to fight for these themselves if required.

$100 CIC front panel trim
Same as above, found some on eBay. Apparently these are $75 USD brand new in the US. I will try and grab a part number to see if they are cheap here too, but make sure when you buy one, buy the one that suits your car i.e. if you require the cutout hole for your PDC and heated seat buttons

$175 CIC centre console trim
Also as above, all over eBay starting at about $150 shipped. There is also one for sale in the classifieds section. Hint: Much cheaper in the UK. Do not buy from USA as this item needs to be RHD specific. This centre console trim WILL require...trimming.. to fit the NBT touch controller. CCC trim can also be cut to fit the NBT controller, but there will be no mounting locations for the screws to hold it in. I'm sure some custom work could be done to make it stay.

$25 Rear camera
eBay special here that fits OEM-like in the license plate light location. Have also asked if the OEM rear camera will be compatible with this NBT retrofit.

$17 Front Camera
There are many, many options here, just as long as you get one with NTSC output. It all depends on how and where you want to mount it to be the least conspicuous and not an eyesore without losing visibility. I will go with either this $17 one or this $22 one depending on if I can find a decent place to drill and mount or just double sided tape it

$50 Postage
Depending on how many people we get, it's 4kg for 65 euros and 10kg for 85 euro. The kits are apprix 2.5kg each. The final postage cost will most likely be slightly higher, as the units will arrive in Sydney all together and will need to be forwarded onto other states. Will try to work out a balance between splitting shipping between states, weight costs, balancing declared value to save on import duties and tax versus undervaluing and not having whole amount insured.

As stated, you may or may not need/want all of the items listed above. Will have more definitive answers later on, but that is the summary so far. If anyone has any more information or if I am wrong anywhere, please step in and advise.

As it stands if you were to order everything listed above, the approximate hardware cost comes to a grand total of $2426

This total is indicative only, and prices may vary wildly for one reason or another and I am not responsible if your costs balloon crazily out of control and you end up needing to spend $5,000 for an NBT install for whatever reason. This is for parts only and the labour side of it is not a simple task. I can offer no assistance whatsoever, as I will most likely be finding someone to do the majority of this work for me. I will try to post some DIY NBT retrofits that are scattered all over the internet at some point.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 01:08 PM   #137
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Wow that took a while to put together and it sounds like I'm all over this. I just read it all back and I laughed out loud because the actual truth is I have no fucking idea what I am doing or what I rambled on about hahaha proceed with caution. I could be epiclly wrong on everything
Appreciate 2
      05-18-2016, 04:06 PM   #138
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Wow that took a while to put together and it sounds like I'm all over this. I just read it all back and I laughed out loud because the actual truth is I have no fucking idea what I am doing or what I rambled on about hahaha proceed with caution. I could be epiclly wrong on everything
Lol that's reassuring Cashy
Thanks for putting this together mate
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 06:42 PM   #139
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Can anyone confirm if all centre console trims are compatible between manual. auto and DCT or are they all specific to themselves?
E90, E91 E92 all use the same centre console regardless if its AT or MT (unsure about DCT though)
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 12:01 AM   #140
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL
Quote:
E90, E91 E92 all use the same centre console regardless if its AT or MT (unsure about DCT though)
I was almost certain of this too until someone listed their centre trim "for manual only" :
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 02:04 AM   #141
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
I was almost certain of this too until someone listed their centre trim "for manual only" :
Haha they don't know what they're talking about 😉
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 07:42 AM   #142
JASE335
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i E90 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
If anyone comes across a RHD M3 CIC centre console this may help.

Photos below is a manual M3 E90 LCI leather centre console on a E90 pre LCI auto/steptronic. I was originally going to use the leather shifter boot for a DCT shifter however the manual knob just slipped on to the auto shifter and the one piece shifter boot/knob all matches so I just left it. Illuminated gear knob is just two wires connected to the cigarette lighter power. PRND is tucked underneath out of the way and as long as you press the brake pedal you don't need to use the shifter button to select PRND.

For anyone with an auto/steptronic trans M3 DCT centre console is very tight with the DCT shifter and DCT shift boot when selected manual mode. M3 manual shifter boot is also smaller than the 335 auto shift boot (so it wont fit) due to the extra buttons on the RHS of the console.
Attached Images

2008 (pre LCI) 335i E90 6AT Sapphire Black- MHD Wedge Custom E60 Map - Fuel It Stage 2 LPFP - Alpina Trans Flash - AFE Stage 2 Intake - RB Inlets & Outlets - Wagner Performance Intercooler - BMS catch can, RB PCV Valve - Whiteline Rear Subframe Bushings - Dunlop Sportmaxx RT - M3 219M 18" Wheels - Akebono Ceramic Pads - M3 Steering Wheel & M3 DCT Paddles - M3 LCI Novillo leather full interior
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 12:19 PM   #143
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Need to finalise this soon. Anyone else interested? Will give DAT355 another week to get back on the forums from Europe!

1. CashedUpBogan
2. Socket
3. DR-JEKL
4. DAT355
5. Hills Eurohaus
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2016, 06:47 AM   #144
E85 335
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 2006 E92 335i Coupe

Quote:
Need to finalise this soon. Anyone else interested? Will give DAT355 another week to get back on the forums from Europe!

1. CashedUpBogan
2. Socket
3. DR-JEKL
4. DAT355
5. Hills Eurohaus
Hey I am back and ready to rock n roll. So quick question. Will everything be source in the group buy or only certain items? Would be a lot easier if was all sourced in one go if possible but if not then that's cool
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2016, 10:52 AM   #145
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAT335
Quote:

1. CashedUpBogan
2. Socket
3. DR-JEKL
4. DAT355
5. Hills Eurohaus
Hey I am back and ready to rock n roll. So quick question. Will everything be source in the group buy or only certain items? Would be a lot easier if was all sourced in one go if possible but if not then that's cool
The trim bits will be hard to source all in one go but I've provided links to the rest of the parts to buy easily. I can help you out track down the rest when the time comes though and step you through what you'll need
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2016, 07:23 PM   #146
E85 335
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 2006 E92 335i Coupe

Quote:
The trim bits will be hard to source all in one go but I've provided links to the rest of the parts to buy easily. I can help you out track down the rest when the time comes though and step you through what you'll need
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 08:09 AM   #147
Trev88
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320d e90 LCI

Please someone buy my CIC controller haha
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 02:25 PM   #148
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev88
Please someone buy my CIC controller haha
Not to derail your sale, but the kit comes with the lovely black ceramic touch controller already. Having said that, socket wants to use the CIC controller but has already bought one. Can't remember why he preferred this.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 07:28 PM   #149
Trev88
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320d e90 LCI

Quote:
Not to derail your sale, but the kit comes with the lovely black ceramic touch controller already. Having said that, socket wants to use the CIC controller but has already bought one. Can't remember why he preferred this.
Think he got it so the centre trim doesn't need to be replaced. So savings there.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 09:08 PM   #150
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev88
Quote:
Think he got it so the centre trim doesn't need to be replaced. So savings there.
But paid for an older controller? Saved how much to be worse off? Ohh I remember now. CF skinned interior.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 10:48 PM   #151
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
But paid for an older controller? Saved how much to be worse off? Ohh I remember now. CF skinned interior.
Actually I don't think ill use the scribble thing
Im happy with press button old school style
Oh plus the CF console wont need trimming either
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 01:58 PM   #152
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
Actually I don't think ill use the scribble thing
Im happy with press button old school style
Oh plus the CF console wont need trimming either
Major cool factor to say you can write on your iDdrive controller! Plus it is a MAJOR fucking pain scrolling with the wheel! I cannot wait for this feature for going through my music or typing in an address into GPS!

Worst case scenario, Socks - you get another trim, cut it to suit the controller that you'll get with the kit anyway, send it off to get retrimmed and sell the old CIC controller along with an awesome CF skinned centre console. You won't even have any down time!

Of course, only do this when you have too much money to dispose of and need to start a new thread asking others to take your money :P
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 02:22 PM   #153
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

OK fuck it! LET'S KICK THIS SHIT OFF!

I'm gonna close this off in a couple of days. The people on the list are committed to the GB regardless of the answers I get back from the seller. I emailed him last week and he was having a major fever and took a week so off work and will get back to me shortly.

I will be paying for the kits in one go and will require payment to my account or at least a small non refundable deposit of I dunno $500 in case it arrives and you don't want it. Everyone except DAT355 has met me. I won't fuck you over but if you don't trust me with your 1,800 odd buckaroos then that's cool too and you can exit out of the GB and buy yourself. I will provide you with details. I'm not loaded but I'm financially savvy so I'm not broke either. I wouldn't waste your time trying to scam you. I have given my car parts away here for charity. I am a Nigerian Prince. I will be sending you $1,000,000.

The units will all be sent to NSW. Shane, Elliott and Oz and Oscar from Hills, I will deliver the units personally to you, as I will be driving past Wollongong, Sydney and Newcastle as I move from Nowra to Port Macquarie in two weeks time.

DAT355, I can post the unit to you at your expense. At the moment, it looks like it's gonna be about 50AUD each to get landed into Australia. I'm gonna put it out there just so we are prepared, but we may be hit with import duty and GST, but I highly doubt it. I will get him to wirte a low value down on the items when shipping them. I can ship it to you for about $20-$25 from memory using Officeworks Mailman service.

So guys, ready to go on this?! Have I left anything out? Any questions, PM me. I'll forward you all my bank details in the following days
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 06:55 PM   #154
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
OK fuck it! LET'S KICK THIS SHIT OFF!

I'm gonna close this off in a couple of days. The people on the list are committed to the GB regardless of the answers I get back from the seller. I emailed him last week and he was having a major fever and took a week so off work and will get back to me shortly.

I will be paying for the kits in one go and will require payment to my account or at least a small non refundable deposit of I dunno $500 in case it arrives and you don't want it. Everyone except DAT355 has met me. I won't fuck you over but if you don't trust me with your 1,800 odd buckaroos then that's cool too and you can exit out of the GB and buy yourself. I will provide you with details. I'm not loaded but I'm financially savvy so I'm not broke either. I wouldn't waste your time trying to scam you. I have given my car parts away here for charity. I am a Nigerian Prince. I will be sending you $1,000,000.

The units will all be sent to NSW. Shane, Elliott and Oz and Oscar from Hills, I will deliver the units personally to you, as I will be driving past Wollongong, Sydney and Newcastle as I move from Nowra to Port Macquarie in two weeks time.

DAT355, I can post the unit to you at your expense. At the moment, it looks like it's gonna be about 50AUD each to get landed into Australia. I'm gonna put it out there just so we are prepared, but we may be hit with import duty and GST, but I highly doubt it. I will get him to wirte a low value down on the items when shipping them. I can ship it to you for about $20-$25 from memory using Officeworks Mailman service.

So guys, ready to go on this?! Have I left anything out? Any questions, PM me. I'll forward you all my bank details in the following days
Sweet
Appreciate 0