E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > HELP >> Wipers won't turn off and Dash Light On (Airbag, DSC, Etc.)

05-15-2014, 11:37 AM   #1
Jersseven
Rep
Drives: F01 M-sport

HELP >> Wipers won't turn off and Dash Light On (Airbag, DSC, Etc.)

Hi Guys,

My 2008 e92 335i was recently put back to stock and now I'm having a weird issue. The car starts and drives fine but I'm getting a bunch of codes. Here's what's going on:

1. Wipers will not stop - they are on constantly and the only way to turn them off is by pulling the the key out.

2. Airbag/passive restraint system light is on cluster

3. Tire Pressure light is on cluster

4. ABS light is on cluster

5. DSC light is on cluster

6. Parking brake light is on cluster

7. Speedometer constantly reads zero.

8. SOS failure is on Idrive.

9. Stereo does not work.

At first, this was intermittent but now all the dash lights are on constantly and I can't get the wipers off.

I've taken apart the clock spring because I thought it was the steering angle sensor but it all looked fine. All the glove box fuses were checked. I'm thinking I may have a bad ground somewhere or that the battery or battery cable is bad? Maybe even a bad wheel speed sensor? I'm hoping I don't have to change the DSC module. I couldn't get any communication with the DSC module through INPA but I thought if the voltage isn't right, the module would be offline. I've also read somewhere that there's a blue relay in the DME box that might cause some of this stuff.

Here are the codes I was able to pull (MSD80):

CDAD (requirement road wheel torque drive line, BF)
CDA1 (steering wheel angle)
CD98 (torque requirement DSC dynamic stability control, B6)
CD9C (speed, 1A0)
CDA5 (status DSC dynamic stability control, 19E)
CD95 (operation cruise control/ACC active cruise control, 194)

If anyone has any tips or advice, please help.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 04:00 PM   #2
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

Those are some issues had when the battery was weak and below 100cca.. My advice would be to check the battery first. I'm not sure if you have a local Autostore in your area to be able to charge the battery and check its status for you.
      05-15-2014, 05:27 PM   #3
Jersseven
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PichaDis11 View Post
Those are some issues had when the battery was weak and below 100cca.. My advice would be to check the battery first. I'm not sure if you have a local Autostore in your area to be able to charge the battery and check its status for you.
Thanks for the reply, i'll get the battery tested. I was able to get these additional codes from my car:

2E8D - intelligent battery sensor, signal transmission, wakeup line level implausible
2E8C - intelligent battery sensor, function, voltage
2DEB - power management, vehicle wiring system control, overvoltage
2F4F - vehicle speed, plausibility, signal implausible
2F4E - vehicle speed, signal, signal missing.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 08:52 AM   #4
e90QC
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi

Hi there! I had roughly the same issue on my car.

Turns out one of the control module that distributes to the interior/exterior electronics shorted out, as well as the ABS module, and the relay for the junction box.

All in all, $1,500.00 later it is now fixed.

All the best to you... electrical issues are a b**** to trace. Start by testing your battery to see if its weak. A good charge never hurt since its the cheapest route to start.

Just curious, how many miles on your car?

Andrew
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 09:18 AM   #5
Jersseven
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90QC View Post
Hi there! I had roughly the same issue on my car.

Turns out one of the control module that distributes to the interior/exterior electronics shorted out, as well as the ABS module, and the relay for the junction box.

All in all, $1,500.00 later it is now fixed.

All the best to you... electrical issues are a b**** to trace. Start by testing your battery to see if its weak. A good charge never hurt since its the cheapest route to start.

Just curious, how many miles on your car?

Andrew
Thanks, my car has about 140,000km on it. Where did you have it fixed at?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 10:56 AM   #6
e90QC
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi

It happened to me @ 92,000 kms

I had it fixed @ TC Automotive in Montreal, QC (I live in QC). Great work, great shop.. and much cheaper than the dealer!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 04:03 AM   #7
IenaPliskin
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i DCT

Hi to all, and i have the same problem only in the morning when i start up the cold engine.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 04:12 AM   #8
stashtrey
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335xi TiAg

Garage List
Happened to me last week. Ended up being my alternator. I also replaced the IBS unit. Pricey week on top of a new battery. $1300. I did all the work myself and the alternative on the n54 is a PITA. It was overcharging the battery and jamming up all systems. Reconditioned bosch unit fixed all my problems.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 09:58 PM   #9
JStang
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: FDB M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersseven View Post
Hi Guys,

My 2008 e92 335i was recently put back to stock and now I'm having a weird issue. The car starts and drives fine but I'm getting a bunch of codes. Here's what's going on:

1. Wipers will not stop - they are on constantly and the only way to turn them off is by pulling the the key out.

2. Airbag/passive restraint system light is on cluster

3. Tire Pressure light is on cluster

4. ABS light is on cluster

5. DSC light is on cluster

6. Parking brake light is on cluster

7. Speedometer constantly reads zero.

8. SOS failure is on Idrive.

9. Stereo does not work.

At first, this was intermittent but now all the dash lights are on constantly and I can't get the wipers off.

I've taken apart the clock spring because I thought it was the steering angle sensor but it all looked fine. All the glove box fuses were checked. I'm thinking I may have a bad ground somewhere or that the battery or battery cable is bad? Maybe even a bad wheel speed sensor? I'm hoping I don't have to change the DSC module. I couldn't get any communication with the DSC module through INPA but I thought if the voltage isn't right, the module would be offline. I've also read somewhere that there's a blue relay in the DME box that might cause some of this stuff.

Here are the codes I was able to pull (MSD80):

CDAD (requirement road wheel torque drive line, BF)
CDA1 (steering wheel angle)
CD98 (torque requirement DSC dynamic stability control, B6)
CD9C (speed, 1A0)
CDA5 (status DSC dynamic stability control, 19E)
CD95 (operation cruise control/ACC active cruise control, 194)

If anyone has any tips or advice, please help.

Thanks in advance!
I am getting these exact codes on my wife's car. Her car was down for a couple of weeks while Module Master was repairing her abs pump / DSL module. I reinstalled the refurbished pump and bled the brakes tonight. Got in the car for a test drive and the electrical system was going crazy.

Did you ever get this fixed OP?

Last edited by JStang; 01-30-2015 at 09:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 05:08 AM   #10
TTBadDog
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Ony adding to this ancient thread for benefit of someone who had searched for these symptoms and looking for the cause. I had many of the same codes AFTER I removed and re-attached the connector for the ABS pump. I was getting the traction and ABS, DSC code, on dash but it seemed only when wet out. I reasoned a good shot of WD-40 on the connector would help it. WRONG, it caused all the above faults, wipers, radio, air bag etc.

Since I just had the connector apart I went back to it and re-seated several times to no avail, finally blew the connector out with air gun attachment and put it back together. Faults cleared and the ABS, DSC has not come back on since re-seat and lubing the connector. It seems to me the connector is a touchy area. I would not have suspected that a little WD-40 would have caused the connection to fail. I reasoned moisture was causing a poor connection as it happened more in rain than any other time and WD would help. Too much
Appreciate 0