E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > SCAMMING/FRAUDULENT ZNM Performance/Auto (Matt Malave ELyse Cruz) Pompton Lakes, NJ

04-28-2019, 12:20 AM   #67
Senpai
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelos View Post
Thought they closed up shop?
There's 2 Yelp pages one that says Closed and one that doesn't. Also looks like there's been 5* Google reviews left on their page from accounts with only 1 review. Maybe they've been keeping low hoping it'll blow over.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 10:13 PM   #68
Trelos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 white 335xi & 89 white 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senpai View Post
There's 2 Yelp pages one that says Closed and one that doesn't. Also looks like there's been 5* Google reviews left on their page from accounts with only 1 review. Maybe they've been keeping low hoping it'll blow over.
Now it seems they opened an e-commerce site offering 2day shipping etc.

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 11:58 AM   #69
Senpai
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Now it seems they opened an e-commerce site offering 2day shipping etc.
They've had that online store open for a while now. I'd assume that's whats been keeping them afloat I guess.
      05-01-2019, 11:28 PM   #70
Justin666
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

Quote:
Thought they closed up shop?

I was there recently. still open.

my experience with them hasn’t been bad, i bought coilovers from him. he offered to bill them to my new york address and ship to my friends shop in nj. that was fine by me.

I bought a set of injectors from him as well, mainly because of the warranty.. who knows if I’ll see it.

recently I had to meet someone there to pick something up (unrelated to them, just a mutually agreed on location, since the guy was going to be there) and while there I asked about having my m3 cluster coded that I just bought down the road at mpartsworldwide. he said of course he could do it, 2 days will be ready, etc. etc. and wouldn’t cost more than 90 bucks. aside from a delay of about a week, and him offering to drop it off but then not, I got my cluster back, virginized as I needed, and charged me 90 bucks. I made sure to take pictures of it when I dropped it off..i had seen a couple mentions of them not being a great company. personally I had an ok experience but I was not having work done.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 09:26 AM   #71
DS3IAM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335 XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin666 View Post
I was there recently. still open.

my experience with them hasn’t been bad, i bought coilovers from him. he offered to bill them to my new york address and ship to my friends shop in nj. that was fine by me.

I bought a set of injectors from him as well, mainly because of the warranty.. who knows if I’ll see it.

recently I had to meet someone there to pick something up (unrelated to them, just a mutually agreed on location, since the guy was going to be there) and while there I asked about having my m3 cluster coded that I just bought down the road at mpartsworldwide. he said of course he could do it, 2 days will be ready, etc. etc. and wouldn’t cost more than 90 bucks. aside from a delay of about a week, and him offering to drop it off but then not, I got my cluster back, virginized as I needed, and charged me 90 bucks. I made sure to take pictures of it when I dropped it off..i had seen a couple mentions of them not being a great company. personally I had an ok experience but I was not having work done.
Good luck with the warranty! If you want warranty, just buy from FCEuro. They will be around when you want to use your warranty.

As for the work, that is exactly how all of us started. Started with a small repair. If you bring your car with an issue, he will find something that needs to be repaired beyond what you came in for. Whether he actual does the work is another major issue.
2009 335i xDrive 6MT // Black Sapphire / Cold Weather / M Sport / PDC / Premium Package / Aerodynamic Kit / Anthracite headliner / Keyless Entry / AR Design Catless Downpipe / Style 313 19" Wheels/ OEM Euro Taillights / LUX H8 160
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 10:04 AM   #72
MEN54
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330 xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS3IAM View Post
Good luck with the warranty! If you want warranty, just buy from FCEuro. They will be around when you want to use your warranty.

As for the work, that is exactly how all of us started. Started with a small repair. If you bring your car with an issue, he will find something that needs to be repaired beyond what you came in for. Whether he actual does the work is another major issue.
LOL, he installed vrsf charge pipe for me and it was missing 1/8 NPT plugs which i didnt know, as a professional he should have put plugs or looked for them if they were missing but he didnt, while driving on highway i got 30ff code, boost leak LOL. i did contact him and he said it is something else going out and need to be replaced so i looked at my vrsf charge pipe and compare to others online and figured out that it is missing 1/8 NPT plugs, installed them myself and since then no 30 ff code LOL
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 12:02 PM   #73
DS3IAM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335 XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEN54 View Post
LOL, he installed vrsf charge pipe for me and it was missing 1/8 NPT plugs which i didnt know, as a professional he should have put plugs or looked for them if they were missing but he didnt, while driving on highway i got 30ff code, boost leak LOL. i did contact him and he said it is something else going out and need to be replaced so i looked at my vrsf charge pipe and compare to others online and figured out that it is missing 1/8 NPT plugs, installed them myself and since then no 30 ff code LOL
Such a typical story about his shop. Same shit happened to me after they installed index 12. I found a dirty rag on my belly pan and another time he didn't install my belly pan correctly. of course I was dragging it all the way down to the Jersey Shore.

I am assuming you no longer go to his shop? I am so glad I found myself an honest mechanic who actual does the work at a reasonable price. Plus I don't have to deal with the "up sell" shit he does with all his "customers"! Probable the majority of the work isn't been done anyway!
2009 335i xDrive 6MT // Black Sapphire / Cold Weather / M Sport / PDC / Premium Package / Aerodynamic Kit / Anthracite headliner / Keyless Entry / AR Design Catless Downpipe / Style 313 19" Wheels/ OEM Euro Taillights / LUX H8 160
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 02:51 PM   #74
Spitfire007
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 328i Sport 6MT

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
I had the following done by them last August:
Oil change
Belt and tensioner
3 stage intake install (provided by me)

When I got home I looked things over and found the plugs were not connected to the intake, which I subsequently did myself. Didn't care much, since I didn't have the tune from BPC yet anyways.

Otherwise, don't seem to have issues. Then again, I waited at the shop for the work to be done. Took them over 5 hours for all, bill was pretty cheap.

That said, I did NOT get a good feeling from the mechanics working there. They are cheap and probably inexperienced labor. Matt had to show them a few specific things under the hood, and I did not interfere.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 07:00 PM   #75
brett335
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i XDrive Sedan

Matt just proposed to his gf. Ya'll know where your money went..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 07:29 PM   #76
SlimE92
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett335 View Post
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2019, 08:33 AM   #77
ard5040
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 xdrive35i, Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett335 View Post
And I thought that you guys couldn’t get any more pathetic 60 replies ago. A few of us ZNM regulars were concerned that this group was going to fuck up our shop that we contacted the Attorney General and Bergen County Consumer Affairs Office on the off chance somebody might actually be listening to you. Good news is we’re safe. Your little group is bitching to itself. Have a good one.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2019, 10:53 AM   #78
Leane90
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard5040 View Post
And I thought that you guys couldn’t get any more pathetic 60 replies ago. A few of us ZNM regulars were concerned that this group was going to fuck up our shop that we contacted the Attorney General and Bergen County Consumer Affairs Office on the off chance somebody might actually be listening to you. Good news is we’re safe. Your little group is bitching to itself. Have a good one.

WHO THE FUCK IS THIS GUYYYY???
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34450.00
      05-17-2019, 05:52 PM   #79
Diox
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i xDrive 2011 6MT

Can anyone recommend a lawyer in Jersey? I live in NYC, not sure how to go about this.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 08:50 AM   #80
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diox View Post
Can anyone recommend a lawyer in Jersey? I live in NYC, not sure how to go about this.
What happened?
      05-19-2019, 12:44 AM   #81
Diox
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i xDrive 2011 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
What happened?
Similar situation as OP. I really don't want to go this route but I figure I should prepare for the worst. So anyone you can recommend?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 01:41 PM   #82
Lshaw
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diox View Post
Similar situation as OP. I really don't want to go this route but I figure I should prepare for the worst. So anyone you can recommend?
Please give us a detailed run down of what happened. Hopefully you will get some answers once we know a bit more.
15 X5 xdrive 35i (2015-)
17 Forester XT (2016-)
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 07:23 AM   #83
Lshaw
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Whats pathetic about this? In my opinion this is more serious than pathetic. ZNM deliberately is scamming people.

YOU think we are all making this shit up? You think we all are colluding together to write this about ZNM because we have nothing better to do?

I cant even imagine what Matt and Elyse are doing to the public, if ZNM cant properly fix our performance cars, who knows what he is doing to some poor guy out there, just having his car fixed so he can get to work everyday. Hes going to get somebody hurt one day, bc he is not installing parts correctly lying about stuff being completed.

Edit: wrong Ard5040
15 X5 xdrive 35i (2015-)
17 Forester XT (2016-)

Last edited by Lshaw; 05-22-2019 at 05:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 07:26 AM   #84
MEN54
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330 xi

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 05:45 PM   #85
ard5040
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 xdrive35i, Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshaw View Post
Whats pathetic about this? In my opinion this is more serious than pathetic. ZNM deliberately is scamming people.

YOU think we are all making this shit up? You think we all are colluding together to write this about ZNM because we have nothing better to do?

I cant even imagine what Matt and Elyse are doing to the public, if ZNM cant properly fix our performance cars, who knows what he is doing to some poor guy out there, just having his car fixed so he can get to work everyday. Hes going to get somebody hurt one day, bc he is not installing parts correctly lying about stuff being completed.

Whats pathetic is that at one point you were bitching to me about ZNM. Now here you. NOBODY is stopping you and your regulars from going to ZNM buddy. Enjoy your shop and your peace of mind with every car that they work on.
Ummmm, that's arhoads335i "L". Not me. But yes, we will continue to "enjoy our shop and peace of mind" Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 06:10 PM   #86
Lshaw
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ummmm, that's arhoads335i "L". Not me. But yes, we will continue to "enjoy our shop and peace of mind" Thanks
Hah you're right, Def mixed that up. My mistake.

But yeah anyways, you do that buddy 👍🏽

I'm here literally to tell everyone the facts with picture proof, secondary shop proof, and text/email proof. Hardly anything but pathetic, except if
you and your "regulars" enjoy fucking over people too.

Funny how ZNM sent me a pictures of a cylinder head, and sent the exact same pictures to a different customer few months later. Pretty fucking coincidental right. Lemme bitch to you ARD5040 (making sure I'm talking to the right person) how pathetic is that is...
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2019, 07:36 AM   #87
mastarron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive M Sport e92

I understand an honest mistake happening. But it looks like this shop is run by fraudulent scammers!

Whats the update on this case? Hope you're closer to getting your money back...
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 03:30 PM   #88
Lshaw
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastarron View Post
I understand an honest mistake happening. But it looks like this shop is run by fraudulent scammers!

Whats the update on this case? Hope you're closer to getting your money back...
Sorry for being MIA. I was giving the shop/owners Matt Malave and Elyse Cruze a chance to redeem themselves and make it right.

New Jersey Consumer Affairs was involved and mediated most of this case for me. I indeed got my money back, but i had to do it the hardest fucking way possible, Chargebacks with my CCs. Not ideal and 3 months wasted of my time. ZNM wouldnt just refund me and made me go through that. However the issue is, bringing my car to ZNM has overall cost me money instead. In case you haven't read, i had my car towed from ZNM, in a state that was undriveable, full of leaks, negligently left to rot in a field. Imagine your car sitting in a grass field for 3 fucking harsh northeast seasons. i found a couple insects nests days after, i changed my fuel pump in June and found about 3 dead dead mice under my seat and near the nestled between the fuel pump cover lock ring, corroded paint, rust, etc...there are probably way more issues that i havent found yet. But i cant fix my car until i have the money back from ZNM. So it has been sitting on the street until then.

ZNM agreed to reimburse me for the damage they have done to my car due to their negligence. Documented $2500 tab from MNC Performance, where they noted each issue on paper. Matt also offered retribution. Which i what i am waiting for to this day. Almost 8 months later after picking up my car.

Once again, ZNM (Matt and Elyse) have given me the runaround again. ... Apparently, this so called insurance company of his is paying me the $5000 he owes me..."Your check will be sent in 10 day"...."Oh this receipt isnt acceptable by the insurance guidelines, needs to be scanned." "Ill have a 3 way call with the insurance company with you right now." I offered to accept venmo, paypal, but nope. His "insurance company" is paying me.... How does this work?

So the update is, i dont have my money from from ZNM yet.
15 X5 xdrive 35i (2015-)
17 Forester XT (2016-)
Appreciate 1
wdb4716.50