E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Bought new e92, here are some problems I have

11-29-2018, 07:54 PM   #45
Brandoch
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 M3 DCT

Garage List
Who knows how safe that car is now. If the airbag system was tampered with, maybe other safety components are affected. Are the seatbelts fully torqued down correctly or were they half installed with faulty parts. I would never be a passenger in a vehicle like that, let alone own, drive, and trying to piece it back together. I really hope you think about your safety.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 08:59 PM   #46
max_330i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandoch View Post
Who knows how safe that car is now. If the airbag system was tampered with, maybe other safety components are affected. Are the seatbelts fully torqued down correctly or were they half installed with faulty parts. I would never be a passenger in a vehicle like that, let alone own, drive, and trying to piece it back together. I really hope you think about your safety.
Those are extreme examples, but I'll echo the concern. Knowing the true history of the car would make me want to dump it no matter how much I lose. You said it yourself, OP-- the seller didn't care if your future passenger died as a result of the airbag removal. Who's to say they haven't cut every corner they can? Your mechanic says there are good parts, but are those factory-new 335i parts that belong there, or 100,000 mile mystery BMW parts that barely fit/are liable to create a hazardous driving experience?

If you like your BMW, buy one that you know won't rattle apart and kill you at high speed. Get a base model with a clean history and I promise it will be more fun than a sketchy 335xi in need of MAJOR repairs.
      11-30-2018, 12:07 AM   #47
Pupsaiden
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi e92, N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_330i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandoch View Post
Those are extreme examples, but I'll echo the concern. Knowing the true history of the car would make me want to dump it no matter how much I lose. You said it yourself, OP-- the seller didn't care if your future passenger died as a result of the airbag removal. Who's to say they haven't cut every corner they can? Your mechanic says there are good parts, but are those factory-new 335i parts that belong there, or 100,000 mile mystery BMW parts that barely fit/are liable to create a hazardous driving experience?

If you like your BMW, buy one that you know won't rattle apart and kill you at high speed. Get a base model with a clean history and I promise it will be more fun than a sketchy 335xi in need of MAJOR repairs.
I totally agree with what you're saying here. The thing is, I am going to have this car inspected by official bmw dealer, from a to z, then I'll have it checked bt safety experts. with all the documents I will be able to get back to the seller and ask for requested amount to fix it.

Now if I don't fix it, I have the ability to go down and lose 6k (out of 10 in total), but the problem is that the seller will just sell the car to somebody else. And I am about to teach him as well at this point.

So if I manage to get car properly inspected and fixed - I will be happy both to drive it and to sell it later. It may sound really scary, but we are going to go bit by bit throughout each component of the car and find everything what's not right. And the seller will have to fix it, as well as deal with the legal problems for swapping the engine/removing safety components, which here leads to jail. That is way better than just sell the car back as is and get half of my money back.

I will post the process of rebuilding the car from ground later on.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 02:05 AM   #48
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

Wow. I’m sorry about all the bad luck. Hope it gets better
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2018, 09:09 PM   #49
catcher22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

This forum never ceases to amaze.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 08:54 AM   #50
Pupsaiden
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi e92, N55

I feel like I have to post an update here. I've received so many support messages here after posting my story that I've decided to sue the seller. It took half a year for the process to finish, but just a few days back I've got a confirmation that I actually won the case, meaning the seller will have to compensate me my expenses on fixing the car. Thank you, everyone, for the support, and in case any of you are wondering, what ended up happening to the vehicle - it just got all the issues fixed, and the very last thing left is redoing the paint job.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Brandoch461.50
SlimE92185.50