E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > PPK Flash every n55 Needs it!!

04-16-2018, 08:26 PM   #155
Joe@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBGodZilla View Post
What means '' Dont flash if your car is after 2013 or got Update by Dealer after 07/2012! ''
I have a 2011 E90, but got my ECU reflash by the dealer last year for some work done on my fuel pump... Does it mean I can't flash it?
That's old information prior to software numbers being traced through updated DATENs.

Right now, the only limitation is that cars produced 2/29/2012 or newer requires the FSC from the dealer.

However, if all you need to do is fix surging issues, you can update your DME with the last OEM software version with no issues.

E & F Series Worldwide Coding | DVD in Motion, PPK, Alpina and MORE! | Click HERE, HERE,
HERE for some of our feedback !

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 05:05 AM   #156
dynastye90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 335i

i just changed my battery and the burbles aren't as loud as they used to be. Anyone else experienced this?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 08:51 AM   #157
thecos
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 325i E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@TopGearSolutions View Post
That's old information prior to software numbers being traced through updated DATENs.

Right now, the only limitation is that cars produced 2/29/2012 or newer requires the FSC from the dealer.

However, if all you need to do is fix surging issues, you can update your DME with the last OEM software version with no issues.
Is there any other way to obtain the FSC or is it really dealer only?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2018, 06:36 PM   #158
nate93
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93

MPG?

How is your MPG after PPK flash with burbles?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2018, 08:02 PM   #159
unrulyteach
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

It shouldn't change much. Plus u shouldn't be worrying about mpg it's the trade off u make
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2018, 11:18 PM   #160
bobbykski
Rep
Drives: 335xi

PPK? Does this upgrade have prerequisites?? Teach me everything please!!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 09:30 AM   #161
Joe@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbykski View Post
PPK? Does this upgrade have prerequisites?? Teach me everything please!!
As long as your car is 02/28/2012 or older, you can have it flashed without BMW involvement.

E & F Series Worldwide Coding | DVD in Motion, PPK, Alpina and MORE! | Click HERE, HERE,

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2018, 10:51 AM   #162
Joe@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Does anyone live in Massachusetts and have the PPK flash without dealer involvement? We have a customer whose having inspection issues due to communication with the DME, and the station is telling them their software number doesn't match their VIN. Evidently their system is setup to communicate directly with BMW to determine the expected software number.

Aside from this issue, the PPK was successfully installed and runs as advertised. Also, any/all OBD port readers successfully communicates with the DME.

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 10:37 AM   #163
carguy138
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i xdrive manual

Quote:
Does anyone live in Massachusetts and have the PPK flash without dealer involvement? We have a customer whose having inspection issues due to communication with the DME, and the station is telling them their software number doesn't match their VIN. Evidently their system is setup to communicate directly with BMW to determine the expected software number.

Aside from this issue, the PPK was successfully installed and runs as advertised. Also, any/all OBD port readers successfully communicates with the DME.
HOLY SHIT!

No help here but I believe it. MA went batshit crazy last year with the car inspection process.

For example if a Jeep Wrangler is lifted more than 2" or has 2" taller tires, it will fail inspection. Every inspection bay has 5 video cameras that record each inspection and pipe it directly the MA DOT (or whatever the dept. name is). Crazy stuff.

Last edited by carguy138; 10-03-2018 at 11:01 AM.
Appreciate 1
      10-03-2018, 11:59 AM   #164
unrulyteach
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy138 View Post
Quote:

HOLY SHIT!

No help here but I believe it. MA went batshit crazy last year with the car inspection process.

For example if a Jeep Wrangler is lifted more than 2" or has 2" taller tires, it will fail inspection. Every inspection bay has 5 video cameras that record each inspection and pipe it directly the MA DOT (or whatever the dept. name is). Crazy stuff.
Isn't there around that inspection? Like thru a 3rd party?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 05:35 PM   #165
carguy138
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i xdrive manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrulyteach View Post
Sounds like the system was contracted to a 3rd party but still the same result. Also the system compiles data from other similar cars, so it may get more cumbersome as more people get inspected.

Some articles on it.

http://www.thedrive.com/news/19430/n...ugh-but-honest

http://www.thedrive.com/sheetmetal/1...ection-program
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 05:38 PM   #166
unrulyteach
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy138 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by unrulyteach View Post
Sounds like the system was contracted to a 3rd party but still the same result. Also the system compiles data from other similar cars, so it may get more cumbersome as more people get inspected.

Some articles on it.

http://www.thedrive.com/news/19430/n...ugh-but-honest

http://www.thedrive.com/sheetmetal/1...ection-program
Ik it may be troublesome but why not register the vehicle in a nearby state that isn't so strict
Appreciate 0