E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Coolant Leak on Connector Pipe (Cylinder Head)

09-21-2018, 10:33 AM   #23
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by afredo View Post
Alright, so the hose I ordered arrived from the dealer this morning, and it has quick connects on both ends! Thank God. However, that's pretty weird considering the diagram discrepency. My hypothesis is something along the lines of, for some reason I bet, against all odds, BMW didn't correctly update the diagram or something to not have that aux water pump in there and instead had the hose going to that when in reality, it just goes right to the head. Either way, hopefully this fixes the leak and I don't have to take the intake off to to do connector pipe too haha!
Thanks for the update. Great to hear it was the part you needed. I'll keep this in mind if I ever find myself in a similar situation with this or another part.

Ive had similar problems when ordering VAG parts for my A4 in the past. The parts diagrams were often different from what was on the car and it was a bit of a guessing game getting the right parts. Hopefully this is the only mislabeled part on RealOEM!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 08:24 PM   #24
ESP123
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

I need to replace the coolant flange on my 2011 d and was wondering if you need to drain the coolant before doing so. The shop that found the leak said I also needed to replace both hoses connecting to the flange which I can’t see any issues with (upper radiator hose and heater hose). Is there a reason to replace those as well while your in there?
Appreciate 0