E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > What Can I Do for You?

05-07-2018, 04:42 PM   #287
tlow98
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91, 2014 F15 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detailed Image View Post
Unfortunately I have not used Gyeon Pure yet at this point so I cannot comment on how it compares to CQuartz. Based on my use of many other Gyeon products, I can tell you I have been a fan of almost everything I have tried from their product line. If you are looking to give something new a shot just for the sake of keeping things interesting, I'm sure Pure would be a great choice.

If you haven't already ready this How-To Article, be sure to check it out: How To: Gyeon Quartz Q2 Pure by Jeff McEachran

Hi - I have not had any issues in the past with a plush, clean microfiber towel and some interior spray detailer.

Double Thick Edgeless Towel
Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer

Zach McGovern
Former Professional Detailer
Detailed Image Ask-A-Pro Blog Author
Thanks Zach!

After perusing your site I see Gtechniq has the longest expected life, so maybe I'll give that a shot next time. Some great user reviews of that product with one direct comparison to CQuarts, as well.

Good to know!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2018, 03:30 PM   #288
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlow98 View Post
Thanks Zach!

After perusing your site I see Gtechniq has the longest expected life, so maybe I'll give that a shot next time. Some great user reviews of that product with one direct comparison to CQuarts, as well.

Good to know!
Keep in mind the manufacturer listed durabilities are not always measuring apples to apples, and in many cases it may be beneficial to polish and recoat a vehicle before the potential lifespan of a coating has passed.

Many people attribute certain characteristics of coatings such as water beading and self cleaning to be one of the most beneficial aspects of the product, however these characteristics may diminish over time due to various environmental contaminants (sometimes very quickly depending on your environment) and are not a sign of whether or not a coating is or is not present.

Not trying to complicate your decision, just providing some more points of conversation You cannot go wrong with most main stream products from reputable brands like Gyeon, CarPro, GTechniq, etc.

-Zach
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2018, 04:34 PM   #289
tlow98
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91, 2014 F15 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detailed Image View Post
Keep in mind the manufacturer listed durabilities are not always measuring apples to apples, and in many cases it may be beneficial to polish and recoat a vehicle before the potential lifespan of a coating has passed.

Many people attribute certain characteristics of coatings such as water beading and self cleaning to be one of the most beneficial aspects of the product, however these characteristics may diminish over time due to various environmental contaminants (sometimes very quickly depending on your environment) and are not a sign of whether or not a coating is or is not present.

Not trying to complicate your decision, just providing some more points of conversation You cannot go wrong with most main stream products from reputable brands like Gyeon, CarPro, GTechniq, etc.

-Zach
Absolutely appreciate the thinking points! Yes, like with anything in life it seems the answer is always "it depends".

Interesting that you mention the beading and self-cleaning ability. Those sure are the guilty pleasure guidelines I like to follow :-)

Previously I only decontaminated (iron-x, clay bar and eraser) before applying the coating as I didn't have the space for polishing. This time I'd like to polish, as well. Time will tell what I end up actually doing!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2018, 08:19 PM   #290
SHEEDI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i - Sport PKG

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlow98 View Post
Absolutely appreciate the thinking points! Yes, like with anything in life it seems the answer is always "it depends".

Interesting that you mention the beading and self-cleaning ability. Those sure are the guilty pleasure guidelines I like to follow :-)

Previously I only decontaminated (iron-x, clay bar and eraser) before applying the coating as I didn't have the space for polishing. This time I'd like to polish, as well. Time will tell what I end up actually doing!
tlow98, here is my car after a year i applied 2 coats each Gtechniq CSL and Exo v3, note I recently replaced front bumper which is not coated at present.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
tlow982179.00
      06-14-2018, 02:07 PM   #291
arn_vrn
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330d

Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 07:07 AM   #292
ritzzzzzwik
Captain
Rep
Drives: SO M4 MT

Hi Zach, I got myself a pot of Fusso coat recently. I was doing a couple of test spots to see how it went on. The water beading and logevity seems great, but its the application can removal process that leaves me a little concerned that I may not be doing something right.

Not sure what the term is really ghosting or blotching, but seems like no matter how careful I am while applying the product there seems to be certain dark spots/areas when I buff it off. I try to apply a very thin coat, with a damp applicator as some have suggested, but still the finish is not 100%, like it is when I've corrected the paint. It does not help that the paint on my car is monaco blue, so any unevenness is magnified a 100 times, especially on the hood.

It looks as if I used saturated microfiber to buff, with smudges, but no matter how much I buff they never look flat. Also, IPA and Eraser have close to no effect on Fusso, so its durable. The only way I have been able to remove it is by using sonax perfect finish to polish it off.

I like the durability the product offers, short of a ceramic coating, but I am not sure I have my method down right. I really like what the product has to offer, and to a point I am just looking to conquer this product. So if you have any tips/tricks to getting it to work for me that would be awesome.

PS-Ive used their King of Gloss too, and its much easier to deal with. I do have to be careful with that too, but I do get rewarded with a perfect gloss.

Thanks,
RD
2007 335i E92 MT | MFactory LSD | Diff Brace | MHD/Wedge Tuned| BL Coils | Stg2 lpfp BoostConcepts | VRSF DPs | VRSF 7" HD FMIC | DCI | VRSF CP | BMW SSK | Billstein PSS Coilovers | M3 Control Arms | Whiteline Rear SF Inserts | SS brake lines | Z4 35is Rotors | Hawk 5.0 pads | M219s + PSS | PE Mod -SOLD
2016 M4 F82 MT
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2018, 12:05 PM   #293
SHEEDI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i - Sport PKG

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [8.50]
Zack,

best plastic polish to remove swirls from transparent plastic gauges?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2018, 02:17 PM   #294
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEEDI View Post
Zack,

best plastic polish to remove swirls from transparent plastic gauges?
I've always honestly just used the same products that I use on paint. I'm not sure if the "made for plastics" stuff is drastically different or not as I have no experience with it. Sorry.

-Zach
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2018, 02:26 PM   #295
328panades
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i sedan automatic

Garage List
2007 bmw 328i  [0.00]
Fuel injector cleaner and oil change

Hey , Yesterday I went to a bmw dealership to get the oil changed in my 2007 328i and also bought the bmw fuel injector cleaners , as I left the dealership the service engine soon light came up in the dash board , and I went back to the dealership the same time since I was close , and they refused to take a look and charged me 100 buck to plug the computer in and tell me what's wrong , does anyone know what the problem could be and what should I do ???

Thank you
Appreciate 0