E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Vishnu OFT Review & Tuning Discussion

03-23-2014, 06:49 PM   #155
nelsonvr6
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Monaco Blue 330i zsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecbain
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonvr6 View Post
They have it now. I have an e90 2006 330i with the tune
seriously, cool! can you give some feedback? are you manual/auto? any dyno?
2006 330i 6MT with 108k miles. No dyno figures. The gas pedal response feels much better. Pulls much better in the low range off the line, then levels off a bit in the 4k range but after 4700 or so you really feel a difference in the power and it pulls all the way to redline. I believe it's only 5 hp or so but to me it's feels like more. I'm not sure if it's mental or not but it also seems to idle better.
What I like the most about the tune is I commute 75 miles one way to work and the mileage hasn't seemed to change much. I've gone through at least six tanks and they are within 15 miles per tank of the stock set up but I did change the air filter around the same time. The back roads are more fun and the car maintains better speed on hilly parts of the highway.
I haven't had a chance to test the data logging at all so I can't say anything about it or if it works on the msv70 DME
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 11:57 AM   #156
bimmerquick43321
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonvr6 View Post
2006 330i 6MT with 108k miles. No dyno figures. The gas pedal response feels much better. Pulls much better in the low range off the line, then levels off a bit in the 4k range but after 4700 or so you really feel a difference in the power and it pulls all the way to redline. I believe it's only 5 hp or so but to me it's feels like more. I'm not sure if it's mental or not but it also seems to idle better.
What I like the most about the tune is I commute 75 miles one way to work and the mileage hasn't seemed to change much. I've gone through at least six tanks and they are within 15 miles per tank of the stock set up but I did change the air filter around the same time. The back roads are more fun and the car maintains better speed on hilly parts of the highway.
I haven't had a chance to test the data logging at all so I can't say anything about it or if it works on the msv70 DME
cool thanks for the feedback.
Appreciate 0