E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > DSC/ABS Bleed with INPA?

12-11-2017, 05:09 AM   #23
juld0zer
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Prev 135i 7DCT, Now 130i 6sp

It is entirely up to you but the intended purpose of the INPA/ISTA/scanner controlled bleeding is to eliminate trapped air from the DSC valve block. It is NOT for flushing your fluid. That's what your Motive is for. However, there will be tiny passages inside the valve block that won't get flushed because that is how the system works - the fluid bypasses the skid regulating valve circuits in normal braking. I don't think the pump even does much during the procedure. In INPA it does occasionally tell you to hold the pedal down and it will pressurise and release several times - strong enough to push your foot up! In saying that, i wouldn't do it unnecessarily because these pump motors seem to have a finite life.

What the software does is jiggle all the valves and send fresh pressurised fluid through all circuits to flush away the bubbles and tiny bit of old fluid.

No, the dealer and most indy shops will not use the software to bleed unless requested and paid for by the customer or unless air has entered the system during a repair or fault. Flushing fluid as part of regular maintenance requires only a pressure bleeder.

I wouldn't be

Last edited by juld0zer; 12-11-2017 at 05:15 AM..
Appreciate 0