E90Post
 


Evolution of Speed
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Leavenworth Drive 2012 (June 16th)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #111
atown88
Major
United_States
41
Rep
1,483
Posts

Drives: e90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Auburn

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Lindsay. View Post
Just as a heads up- if you guys do want to try to double park to reserve spots, you'll want to get there REALLY early, as in like 6:30am early. The Northwest European staff, volunteers and vendors get there really early to start setting up, so youll need to beat them there if you plan to double park. I think you guys should just all roll in together like everyone else - that's half the fun. Rolling in a pack on the drive is one thing, but rolling in together for the meetup is way more fun and attracts a much bigger audience.

Just my $.02
True. How is parking situation usually though? I'm assuming since normally everyone arrives in groups, that your almost guaranteed to stay as a group?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #112
jm3as
Brigadier General
191
Rep
3,713
Posts

Drives: 2007 e92 328i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Renton, Wa

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atown88 View Post
True. How is parking situation usually though? I'm assuming since normally everyone arrives in groups, that your almost guaranteed to stay as a group?
we ride together, we die together. bad boys for life.

__________________

facebook.com/jmeasphotography | jmeas.4ormat.com | IG: jmeasphotography
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #113
.Lindsay.
Second Lieutenant
.Lindsay.'s Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
293
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 and E30 vert
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Woodinville, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atown88 View Post
True. How is parking situation usually though? I'm assuming since normally everyone arrives in groups, that your almost guaranteed to stay as a group?
There's no guarantees. If you arrive in a group, you'll most likely be parking next to some in that group, but not necessarily all in that group. You'll get spread out a little bit when you arrive at bcc because two lanes merge into one, so you're always going to get a few randoms mixed in with your group. Then, once you enter, you don't have much of a choice at that point, you just have to park where the staff tells you to. There are too many cars and not enough time to allow a free-for-all parking. So the cars you roll in with are who you will be parked near, but that doesn't guarantee you'll all be in one row together. They have it timed down to how many cars they need to park per minute in order to keep everything organized.
So yeah, the only way to park together in some sort of group is to try to roll in together. Trying to get there early to double park will only cause a huge headache and annoyance for those that volunteer their time to put this show/cruise on, and will help carry on the bad reputation that the BMW drivers already on this drive (not you guys in particular, but the BMW drivers as a whole have a bad rep when it comes to this drive).
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #114
andybui82
Colonel
andybui82's Avatar
United_States
105
Rep
2,503
Posts

Drives: 335d
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Blop PNW branch

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm3as View Post
we ride together, we die together. bad boys for life.


LMAO THAT LEGIT MADE ME LOL. I'm will smith. adrian can be my sidekick.
__________________
Cars: SGM 325i (Retired) l BSM 135i (Retired) l SS to Gloss White S2000 (Retired) l Arctic White RS4 (Retired) l White GTi (retired) l AW 335d M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #115
flyingcesar
Second Lieutenant
flyingcesar's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
282
Posts

Drives: E90 335I
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Federal Way, WA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shermanator2411 View Post
I'm down to meet at the mall =) for you guys coming from Kitsap its exit 142 on I5 in Federal Way and the mall is like half a mile west from the freeway...
I'm in! I guess we just have to find out what time and were we are all meeting up north so we can set a time to meet up at the mall.
__________________

09 LR3 HSE, 07 E90 335I, 05 GSXR600x
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #116
atown88
Major
United_States
41
Rep
1,483
Posts

Drives: e90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Auburn

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Lindsay. View Post
There's no guarantees. If you arrive in a group, you'll most likely be parking next to some in that group, but not necessarily all in that group. You'll get spread out a little bit when you arrive at bcc because two lanes merge into one, so you're always going to get a few randoms mixed in with your group. Then, once you enter, you don't have much of a choice at that point, you just have to park where the staff tells you to. There are too many cars and not enough time to allow a free-for-all parking. So the cars you roll in with are who you will be parked near, but that doesn't guarantee you'll all be in one row together. They have it timed down to how many cars they need to park per minute in order to keep everything organized.
So yeah, the only way to park together in some sort of group is to try to roll in together. Trying to get there early to double park will only cause a huge headache and annoyance for those that volunteer their time to put this show/cruise on, and will help carry on the bad reputation that the BMW drivers already on this drive (not you guys in particular, but the BMW drivers as a whole have a bad rep when it comes to this drive).
I'm sure Andy is the reason we have that reputation. But this is all good to know. Maybe we can all rendezvous at some point so that way we're all on the freeway together at least? Do you pay when you get there too?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 01:18 PM   #117
atown88
Major
United_States
41
Rep
1,483
Posts

Drives: e90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Auburn

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybui82 View Post
LMAO THAT LEGIT MADE ME LOL. I'm will smith. adrian can be my sidekick.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #118
.Lindsay.
Second Lieutenant
.Lindsay.'s Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
293
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 and E30 vert
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Woodinville, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atown88 View Post
I'm sure Andy is the reason we have that reputation. But this is all good to know. Maybe we can all rendezvous at some point so that way we're all on the freeway together at least? Do you pay when you get there too?
The main reason for the reputation seems to be the younger kids with e36's and e46's who like to drive erratically and put people in danger.

And yes, donating to charity is another reason not to get there super early and park. You pay when you roll in.

Also, I spoke with the person in charge of the event and he said the parking lot will be blocked off by cones before the event, and people parked inside the lot may be towed, or asked to leave by security. Don't want any of you guys having your car towed before the cruise- that would suck
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #119
Chicks-Love-Bimmers
Captain
Chicks-Love-Bimmers's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
743
Posts

Drives: FBO 335i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bellevue, Washington

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Seems like carpooling would complicate things, should we just all meet at the Lil Jon's parking lot and mob together to BC?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #120
andybui82
Colonel
andybui82's Avatar
United_States
105
Rep
2,503
Posts

Drives: 335d
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Blop PNW branch

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks-Love-Bimmers
Seems like carpooling would complicate things, should we just all meet at the Lil Jon's parking lot and mob together to BC?
Yes!!!
__________________
Cars: SGM 325i (Retired) l BSM 135i (Retired) l SS to Gloss White S2000 (Retired) l Arctic White RS4 (Retired) l White GTi (retired) l AW 335d M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #121
atown88
Major
United_States
41
Rep
1,483
Posts

Drives: e90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Auburn

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Lindsay. View Post
The main reason for the reputation seems to be the younger kids with e36's and e46's who like to drive erratically and put people in danger.

And yes, donating to charity is another reason not to get there super early and park. You pay when you roll in.

Also, I spoke with the person in charge of the event and he said the parking lot will be blocked off by cones before the event, and people parked inside the lot may be towed, or asked to leave by security. Don't want any of you guys having your car towed before the cruise- that would suck

Too bad you aren't bringing your e30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks-Love-Bimmers View Post
Seems like carpooling would complicate things, should we just all meet at the Lil Jon's parking lot and mob together to BC?
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybui82 View Post
Yes!!!
yes

I can't help but feel like, maybe Performance Kit + Lowering kit before this thing? I don't wanna be the only stock one there. lol
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #122
.Lindsay.
Second Lieutenant
.Lindsay.'s Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
293
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 and E30 vert
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Woodinville, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atown88 View Post

Too bad you aren't bringing your e30.
I might be! Haven't decided which car I'll take. It'll most likely come down to what the weather is like that day. If its sunny, I'll probably end up driving my e30, but if it's raining (like most years), and I'll my e92.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 03:39 PM   #123
flyingcesar
Second Lieutenant
flyingcesar's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
282
Posts

Drives: E90 335I
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Federal Way, WA

iTrader: (1)

Lil Jons works for me too.
__________________

09 LR3 HSE, 07 E90 335I, 05 GSXR600x
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #124
Jaron Bell
First Lieutenant
Jaron Bell's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
330
Posts

Drives: 10 M3, 09 335i, 08 Audi RS4
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Silverdale, WA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atown88 View Post
Kitsap County FTW! We might be able to caravan if you want, I might be coming from my girls house in Ridgetop.
That works for me. I live on Ridgetop.
__________________
G-Power/Hamann BMW M3, G-Power Supercharger SKII Club Sport, Eisenmann Race w/Challenge Race X-Pipe, Project Kicks Nero Chrome Lug Nuts, Hamann Body Kit, KW V3, Vorschlag Camber Plates, ARKYM Wheels, Escort Radar and Laser Jammers 9500ci
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #125
Jaron Bell
First Lieutenant
Jaron Bell's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
330
Posts

Drives: 10 M3, 09 335i, 08 Audi RS4
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Silverdale, WA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcesar View Post
Its going to be great to see a Gpower out there. Is yours an e90 or e92?


Also since a few are of us are coming from down south would you there be interest in meeting up in Federal way at the mall earlier then roll up to the factoria Applebeez?
It's an E90.
__________________
G-Power/Hamann BMW M3, G-Power Supercharger SKII Club Sport, Eisenmann Race w/Challenge Race X-Pipe, Project Kicks Nero Chrome Lug Nuts, Hamann Body Kit, KW V3, Vorschlag Camber Plates, ARKYM Wheels, Escort Radar and Laser Jammers 9500ci
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #126
atown88
Major
United_States
41
Rep
1,483
Posts

Drives: e90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Auburn

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaron///M3 View Post
That works for me. I live on Ridgetop.
Nice! I haven't seen your car around Silverdale before, maybe she has.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #127
flyingcesar
Second Lieutenant
flyingcesar's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
282
Posts

Drives: E90 335I
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Federal Way, WA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaron///M3 View Post
It's an E90.
Very cool I really like the look of the e90 m3. were you at e@rct this past Saturday? If so I think it was your car that i was drooling over.
__________________

09 LR3 HSE, 07 E90 335I, 05 GSXR600x
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #128
Jaron Bell
First Lieutenant
Jaron Bell's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
330
Posts

Drives: 10 M3, 09 335i, 08 Audi RS4
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Silverdale, WA

iTrader: (2)

[quote=flyingcesar]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaron///M3 View Post
It's an E90.
That was me, alpine white g-power M3
__________________
G-Power/Hamann BMW M3, G-Power Supercharger SKII Club Sport, Eisenmann Race w/Challenge Race X-Pipe, Project Kicks Nero Chrome Lug Nuts, Hamann Body Kit, KW V3, Vorschlag Camber Plates, ARKYM Wheels, Escort Radar and Laser Jammers 9500ci
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 11:02 PM   #129
M Tree
Reppin the 425
M Tree's Avatar
Romania
2
Rep
34
Posts

Drives: 08 335i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bellevue, WA

iTrader: (3)

Put me down, i need to finally do the drive.
__________________
2008 BMW JB 335i - Vanguard V2 Exhaust / OEM 230's / KWv2 / AR Catless DP / BMS DCI
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #130
Jaron Bell
First Lieutenant
Jaron Bell's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
330
Posts

Drives: 10 M3, 09 335i, 08 Audi RS4
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Silverdale, WA

iTrader: (2)

This was from 14 Apr 2012 RTC Meet.
Attached Images
 
__________________
G-Power/Hamann BMW M3, G-Power Supercharger SKII Club Sport, Eisenmann Race w/Challenge Race X-Pipe, Project Kicks Nero Chrome Lug Nuts, Hamann Body Kit, KW V3, Vorschlag Camber Plates, ARKYM Wheels, Escort Radar and Laser Jammers 9500ci
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #131
flyingcesar
Second Lieutenant
flyingcesar's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
282
Posts

Drives: E90 335I
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Federal Way, WA

iTrader: (1)

/\ That's the one. One of the best M3's Ive seen for sure. Congrats! I cant wait to hear it on the drive. Are you planning to get an exhaust for it?
__________________

09 LR3 HSE, 07 E90 335I, 05 GSXR600x
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 04:38 PM   #132
GingerWizard
New Member
United_States
4
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: 2008 535xi Sports Wagon
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Lindsay. View Post
I might be! Haven't decided which car I'll take. It'll most likely come down to what the weather is like that day. If its sunny, I'll probably end up driving my e30, but if it's raining (like most years), and I'll my e92.
Oh to have such problems...

You still owe me pics of the E30 with the BBSs....

And I want to see pics of the E92 with the DPEs once they arrive...

P.S. Post #1.....4 more and I will be able to PM
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:47 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST