E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Even I didn't think it would be this quick

01-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #67
ELD70
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325d

Maybe a remap could unlock a few more horses
Lovely car, seen a few around London and really turn heads.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #68
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Congrats Mr Palmer, fantastic choice.
You're now the 3rd of my friends with an SLS.
I must try harder!...

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #69
Brian mc21
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E91 320d M Sport

If it was a money saving exercise you should have bought my mk2.

Ps. You could donate £10 to my welding wire fund.
RVF400
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 06:21 PM   #70
Real Thing
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi TT-RS Plus + MK6 Golf R

Only just caught your Thread Andrew very nice (I would never have guessed anyway) Never got to see the Jag so hopefully when the SLS arrives you'll get time to pop round and look at my back to front tyres (although they will be another GT-R in the garage as well)
      01-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #71
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X70 on the way

Great choice of car. Love the SLS. I might even swap my fast datsun for one

Enjoy
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #72
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Probably the most expensive motor to be owned by anyone on the UK part of the forum. It's a mental car I love it!! What does Vicki rekon to it?

How long will this bad boy last?
      01-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #73
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian mc21 View Post

Ps. You could donate £10 to my welding wire fund.
Nice black pussy!
      01-04-2013, 02:11 AM   #74
1 AKY
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F11 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian mc21 View Post

Ps. You could donate 10 to my welding wire fund.
Nice black pussy!
LOL!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 02:27 AM   #75
dobbo99
Major
Rep
Drives: E39 530 oldskool

thats a fantastic choice to be able to make.

im keen to know where you purchased it from - having read your threads over the last year and following your need for perfection, im not sure the vendor/dealer will be expecting you!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 02:45 AM   #76
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

A brand new E350 Coupe as the cheapo runaround .......
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 02:46 AM   #77
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts View Post
No comment. It was registered on 17th September last year
So that's around 3 months, bearing in mind you would have been looking for the past couple of weeks

Totally understand the reducing of costs, we changed the TT (company car) to the X6 and it's £200 a month less. I will also change the Porka around June time and get something a lot cheaper.. I actually like the C Class Sport plus as they are so cheap, problem is that there are so many of them and the issues I have seen people report on here. So I think a 120d will be next as this will allow me to keep my fuel card (has to be under 145co2)

Looking forward to the pics of both new cars mate.. Shame we couldn't all have met with the some of the cars on here. Would have been an awesome photo
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 03:10 AM   #78
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Thing View Post
Only just caught your Thread Andrew very nice (I would never have guessed anyway) Never got to see the Jag so hopefully when the SLS arrives you'll get time to pop round and look at my back to front tyres (although they will be another GT-R in the garage as well)
Mate, I'm sorry for not saving come round...had a manic and quite unpleasant few months If for whatever reason the Jag doesn't sell today, I'll pop it round on Sunday otherwise I'll pop round in a couple of weeks with the SLS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterS3 View Post
Great choice of car. Love the SLS. I might even swap my fast datsun for one

Enjoy
Thanks...is the finally a car that's as fast as the Datsun? (although my turbo might have just managed that!). Funny eh, you have to go right to the top of some car ranges to get close to the GT-R's performance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Probably the most expensive motor to be owned by anyone on the UK part of the forum. It's a mental car I love it!! What does Vicki rekon to it?

How long will this bad boy last?
Thanks Carl....Vicki loves it and I know this because I set the condition that the RRS also had to go if we got this as the purchase of the SLS wasn't saving me as much as I would have liked

I'm sure others have had cars of higher value than what I paid (ignore list price)...didn't Hoops have some expensive kit and here was another guy with a new GT3RS a couple of years back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbo99 View Post
thats a fantastic choice to be able to make.

im keen to know where you purchased it from - having read your threads over the last year and following your need for perfection, im not sure the vendor/dealer will be expecting you!
PM sent....and at the perfection I expect. Breaking away from the fantastic Jag dealer is a concern to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
A brand new E350 Coupe as the cheapo runaround .......
Deal is definitely not finalised yet! The deals are very good on them though.

We actually looked at the new A Class at first when they came out but, whilst it was a nice car to drive, the driving position was shocking (in fact, appalling for a new car....has anyone driven one of these yet?) and whilst MB quoted 36mpg urban, 44mpg combined and 55mpg extra urban, I struggled to average 30mpg when driving normally!! It was an A250 petrol (2.0t) but not even achieving the urban figure when not thrashed is a disgrace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
So that's around 3 months, bearing in mind you would have been looking for the past couple of weeks

Looking forward to the pics of both new cars mate.. Shame we couldn't all have met with the some of the cars on here. Would have been an awesome photo
I'm always looking (at SLS's anyway)

We can get that photo....you just need to come to one of the meets!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 03:12 AM   #79
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

When is the next meet?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 03:16 AM   #80
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

Don't you feel that even in a little way morally you have done the dirty on the JLR Group. They treated you incredibly well with giving you a brand new car that enhanced your financial position massively, now three months later you are walking away and really only able to do this SLS deal because of them. Obviously there is nothing they can do about it but reckon given you are also selling the RRS I would be looking to replace it with something from the JLR range just as an acknowledgment of their customer service to you.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 03:25 AM   #81
Ste133
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i

Sometimes I don't think I fit in around here!

Firstly, congratulations on your SLS chap. Should I ever win the lottery, this would be one of my first purchases. I absolutely LOVE them

I've come to the conclusion that you change your cars often just so the guys on the forum can play the 'guessing game'..

I can't wait to read the write up that you shall no doubt post in a few days/weeks.

The rest of my day shall now be spent wondering what it must feel like to be handed the keys to an SLS..
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 03:39 AM   #82
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
Don't you feel that even in a little way morally you have done the dirty on the JLR Group. They treated you incredibly well with giving you a brand new car that enhanced your financial position massively, now three months later you are walking away and really only able to do this SLS deal because of them. Obviously there is nothing they can do about it but reckon given you are also selling the RRS I would be looking to replace it with something from the JLR range just as an acknowledgment of their customer service to you.
Yes definitely, I feel quite guilty actually....not so much at JLR, but the dealer. JLR still made profit in every deal, no doubt even the exchange. The dealer did not, hence I even went there and told them face to face. I would love to change the RRS for another JLR group car but the reality is I have been very disappointed with the economy on the RRS....my travel allowance at work barely covers the fuel it uses and I do quite big mileages in it. It has given me 30% less mpg than the quoted combined figure, despite the motorway mileage, which is unacceptable for our 2nd 'sensible' car, despite the rest of the car being exceptional. I don't like the Freelander, and the Evoque is too expensive so there's nothing else newish in group that I can buy for the money of the 'subsidised' E class. I have even considered a Volvo to say in the dealer group but would you choose to buy a Volvo over a cheap Merc with your own hard earned.

The SLS is a dream car and, as one never knows what the future holds, whist I can get one (and save a smidge), I will. I guess we don't HAVE to get rid of the RRS but I'd always intended to start tis year with a much lower 'car' cost base....an SLS may seem an odd way of doing that (but it surprisingly helps) so the other expensive car has to be replaced - and the running costs really piss me off if only because I feel a bit cheated...never had a car that performs so differently to the quoted stats (well, until I drive at A-Class which was even worse).

What I can guarantee is that, due to the service, both the dealer and JLR will have my business again. If I have a successful year, you never know, I might be in a position to have the SLS ad the new (more efficient ) Range Rover Sport when they come out at the end of the year. And one things or sure, when the F-Type R coupe comes out next year, I'll hopefully still be in a position to get one. If I waited for the SLS until after the F-Type, I feel that for me it would be too old so like I say, the opportunity exists now, so ill grab it.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 03:47 AM   #83
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

Andrew, how is it going with negotiating on the E350 coupe? I love these, nice inside and decent road presence. I assume its a sport model you are after. Interested to hear if you get one for your target monthly. I see DtD are offering just under £7K off a new one and isnt there cheap rate finance on a PCP?

Personal Contract Hire is not bad either, at just a smidge over £400/month
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 04:02 AM   #84
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Argh, not another fucking old mans Merc .

With all that money sloshing around maybe we need to talk finances again

Just for the record, you're friggin' mental, even though you may have saved some money, you're still mental.

Please ask Vicki to photograph her colleagues faces when she pull up in that
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 04:11 AM   #85
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts View Post
.... but the reality is I have been very disappointed with the economy on the RRS....
Yes, but surely you are not swapping to that much more economical car with the SLS?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 04:14 AM   #86
zedman
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M Sport 320D,

Ref the A Class, my mate got his A Class Cdi Sport yesterday, slow and dull but averaging 48mpg with 150 miles on the clock, and about 50 of those miles being urban.

Dynamically its not the most amazing car, but at the lease rates they go far its an excellent deal...
      01-04-2013, 04:28 AM   #87
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

SLS is a nice choice.

In regards to the A had a look at goodwood I think the AMG will be fun otherwise for me its just too small.

Thinking of possibly b class for the wife as her current B is getting old. Its between mini countryman and B-class diesel. Just noticed last night they have announced a CDI220 for Bclass makes it even more tempting.

Now to find a good place to get it from. ANy ideas seems you are the genius on these
      01-04-2013, 04:31 AM   #88
Guvernator
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i SE Cabriolet

Sorry to be the voice of dissent but I think I would of stuck with the Jag. Not a massive fan of the SLS I'm afraid, for some strange reason they just don't get my juices flowing but all due respect for changing car likes some people change their underwear.
Appreciate 0