E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Anyone order from ModernBimmers.com?

12-15-2022, 02:51 PM   #1
Wahooz
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Convertible

Anyone order from ModernBimmers.com?

Anyone purchase their E9X CarPlay system? I ordered one based on someone on here saying they were pleased w/ theirs, but after a week, I haven't heard a peep from ModernBimmers on the status of my order. Tried emailing them twice, and texted them but no response after several days. Anyone have experience w/ them and maybe have a better way of getting in touch with them? Their website is really sparse and no way to track your order. Thanks in advance-
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2023, 12:06 PM   #2
johnnyorange
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 lci e91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahooz View Post
Anyone purchase their E9X CarPlay system? I ordered one based on someone on here saying they were pleased w/ theirs, but after a week, I haven't heard a peep from ModernBimmers on the status of my order. Tried emailing them twice, and texted them but no response after several days. Anyone have experience w/ them and maybe have a better way of getting in touch with them? Their website is really sparse and no way to track your order. Thanks in advance-
Your post is the first i have heard of modernbimmers.com

that being said I went to the page and found this under the 'add to cart' button:

Pre Order now for a discount at check out. Shipping may be slightly longer during this period.

bottom line is I dont think this is out yet
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2023, 05:32 PM   #3
etiger13
Learning to do it
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Have you gotten it a month later yet?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2023, 10:59 AM   #4
dallas06m3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 M3 6MT SSII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahooz View Post
I ordered on 6-Dec-2022 and received the kit on 7-Jan-2023. It didn't come with installation instructions and they haven't published the install guide, yet. I opened the box and the components and cables look like nice quality. I am excited to get it installed. I really hate to return it, but it looks like a fairly complicated install. Maybe if I got into the dash and looked at all the components, it would not be so hard, but I don't want to break down the dash only to find I can't figure out how to get it connected properly.

I know this is pretty much a one-man shop and I was willing to be patient. If I had to do it all over again, I would message them to let them know I'd be willing to buy the product as soon as the installation guide was available. Maybe you can try that tactic to see if the opportunity for a sale will get the guide published?
      02-10-2023, 07:53 PM   #5
dallas06m3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 M3 6MT SSII

Guess what happened today? Yeah, I received a response from ModernBimmers.com and they said they made the installation video available. It’s on https://www.modernbimmers.com/install. It looks pretty decent. He said they will have a written guide soon. Of course, I have to go out of town for a week, so I won’t be able to get started on the install for 10 days.