E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > WOT no change in speed or RPM?

07-17-2023, 02:13 PM   #1
BlueGoat721
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 335XI

WOT no change in speed or RPM?

2008 335xi Single turbo 6MT Jb4 w/BEF

Weird issue when I am in a high rpm and low gear lets say 2nd gear @ 5k rpm and I pin the gas pedal to the floor quickly nothing happens. The rpm's don't move or go up they stay exactly at 5k. The car does not accelerate, the boost does not go up, nothing happens at all but the car sounds like its loaded up (best description I can manage is like a brake boost). If I ease or roll into pressing the pedal to the floor everything is fine. If I start from a dig all is well. Normal driving, no issues at all. I have no codes and the car drives perfect otherwise. I have replaced the throttle body along with the pedal with no change. I looked at the logs and they show the pedal position and throttle angle all looks good and working as it should. Tuner has looked over the logs as well and we cant find any issues. My next course of action is to do a full MHD flash to eliminate the JB4 as a potential problem. However, if anyone has had this issue before or can offer up any advice I would appreciate it.

Last edited by BlueGoat721; 07-17-2023 at 02:17 PM.. Reason: additions
Appreciate 0